Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    The thing is, we have no idea how true this FrankZ report is. I think I'll just sit back and wait and see exactly what happens. I'm sure the Argos will sign him, and it will not be north of 400k.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    The thing is, we have no idea how true this FrankZ report is. I think I'll just sit back and wait and see exactly what happens. I'm sure the Argos will sign him, and it will not be north of 400k.
    I hope so, $350k including incentives is the max I'd go. No way would I pay Harris more than Ray, Collaros, Burris, and Lulay at least not at this point.
    It should also be noted even if Harris did get $450k, it wouldn't make him the highest paid QB, Durant's deal is supposedly worth around half a million and Burris and Lulay's deals are reportedly in the $465k range including incentives, although Burris' deal was restructured for this season and next IIRC. Ray was supposedly around $405k (or $415k) to half a mill as well, come to think of it the CFL doesn't officially release any of these numbers, they're just twitter "reports".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Actually Collaros just wanted to start, if the Argos brass wanted to keep him as the starter he would have stayed.
    What I stated in terms of Harris was that if he wants to be paid like the best QB in the League he'd better start playing like it, because if he's not I'd let him walk (I'd rather see good money spent wisely), I honestly don't think Harris is that great, he's a good QB, but not in the same category as Ray, Collaros, or even Mitchell at this point. I also stated earlier in the year, that to me it doesn't matter one way or the other who the Argonauts keep, however if the team keeps Ray they'd better hope that either Kilgore or some other young kid can be "the guy" within a couple of years. I'd have zero issue if the Argonauts let Harris go, even with Ray's injury issues as of late, Harris needs Brady to call a perfect game and his receivers to make big plays for him in order to look good, guys like Ray and Collaros make their teammates better.
    That's my point, Ray was lights out in 2013, Barker and the Argos were in a no win situation with Collaros, couldn't dump the future HOF QB coming off a really good season and couldn't promise Collaros he'd be the man.
    To be honest I wish they could have convinced Collaros to be patient as he would be the guy right now but so be it.
    There are things I like about Harris and things he needs to work on, he competes hard and seems to bounce back from his mistakes but lately he seems to be making the same mistakes (poor reads and interceptions).
    I have said all along I don't like his deep throws, most times the receivers have to adjust as the ball seems under thrown.
    Even his slant routes (when not picked off) often don't hit the target in stride but the good outweighs the bad with him IMO.
    This hopefully has been a good growth year for Harris and if he can make some improvements and adjustments to his game will be a pretty solid performer. Where would we be this season without him???

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I hope so, $350k including incentives is the max I'd go. No way would I pay Harris more than Ray, Collaros, Burris, and Lulay at least not at this point.
    It should also be noted even if Harris did get $450k, it wouldn't make him the highest paid QB, Durant's deal is supposedly worth around half a million and Burris and Lulay's deals are reportedly in the $465k range including incentives, although Burris' deal was restructured for this season and next IIRC. Ray was supposedly around $405k (or $415k) to half a mill as well, come to think of it the CFL doesn't officially release any of these numbers, they're just twitter "reports".
    No CFL QB is worthy of upper echelon pay after 1 season of starting. Collaros didn't get it, and even Bo Levi Mitchell is not getting that type of cash, and he led his team to a championship in his first season as starter. I suspect 350 will be the max he gets, and possibly even 300.

Bo Levi Mitchell was quoted as saying the below when he decided to extend through 2018 coming off a Grey Cup victory:
    From the Calgary Sun March 3,2015

“The first thing I told them is, ‘I don’t want to be the top-paid guy in the league, I don’t want to be overpaid. I want a contract that teammates can look at me and look at my contract and respect it and say what he’s making is what he’s worth,’” Mitchell said Tuesday morning at McMahon Stadium, announcing the deal on his 25th birthday.
    That is something that Harris' agent needs to read if what Frank Z reported is true.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Once he proves he can throw the ball on a rope between 2 defenders and hit his receivers on the numbers consistently then great, he could demand that, but as long as he stays dependent on Gurley, Hazelton and Elliot to get up over smaller DB's to get to his slow, lofted up Tanner Marsh like throws, then absolutely not. Forgot to even mention Chad Owens reaching to get to his inaccurate passes.

Wonder if there is any connection between this rumour by his agent and Harris' monstrously bad performance yesterday. I bet his agent also didn't win the lottery yesterday either.

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    The only way he will be making more money then every other QB in the CFL is if he tries his luck down south which I think is the most likely scenario.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tennyis View Post
    The only way he will be making more money then every other QB in the CFL is if he tries his luck down south which I think is the most likely scenario.
    Ah...no. Sorry, NFL teams aren't knocking down the doors for 29 year old QB's that haven't spent regular time on an NFL roster.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tennyis View Post
    Good luck with that scenario.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    The way Harris is playing he might find himself out of football.

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm not saying he will have success, i'm saying Iwouldn't be surprised if he TRIED

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 371
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    My advice.....fire your agent and focus on winning games!!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I wonder if Harris and his agent still feel as if he should get top 9 money let alone being paid as the #1 in the CFL.