Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

As the late Pat Marsden would say ...

Congratulations to general manager Jim Barker, head coach Scott Milanovich and the Toronto Argonauts for clinching their first playoff berth since 2013! With B.C.'s loss in Edmonton, the Argos are guaranteed at least a crossover playoff spot and to be playing in mid-November. Considering all that this team has been through so far this season, including only having played 3 home games, that is a remarkable accomplishment.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Despite yesterday's performance, I still believe this Argo team wins the East....with 12 wins. Talk about a remarkable season. Seriously Toronto Media...talk about it!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Couldn't disagree more. This team is not playoff ready and contrary to one poster last week, this team is miles away from Calgary. The only reason why we could talk about 1st place as a possibility is because of the Collaros injury to Hamilton. Montreal with Kevin Glenn and that strong defence can easily play with the Argos and beat them, so I don't know why you'd talk as if that game is a gimme.

Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Despite yesterday's performance, I still believe this Argo team wins the East....with 12 wins. Talk about a remarkable season. Seriously Toronto Media...talk about it!
    Toronto media is disgusting and can't cover more than one team at a time. I've said it before and I'll say it again, world class-my ass, that's what this city is. People have to be criticized too in Toronto as the majority are gladly willing take their cues from the media like monkeys at a circus.
    Last edited by Will; 10-18-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    With Montreal's loss to Hamilton today, we now know the identity of the three teams who will be playing in the eastern playoffs - Hamilton, Toronto and Ottawa.

Hamilton is well-positioned to finish first while the Argos are best positioned to finish in second place. As long as the Argos beat Montreal, B.C. and Winnipeg to finish the season, they cannot finish any lower than in second place. I am been trying to figure out what would happen if there is a three-way tie for first place but I believe that would still favour the Ticats for 1st and the Argos for 2nd as the tiebreaker would be overall record against the other two teams.

While I would love to see the Argos finish in first place and host the East Final, they will need a fair bit of help to do so at this point so what I am hoping for is that they continue to get better as a team over these final three weeks and be ready to play at the top of their game come playoff time. I think that's all any CFL fan can hope for from their team at this point.

Finally, I hope that Rogers/Blue Jays are gracious enough to let the Argos play their home playoff game at SkyDome if the Argos do indeed clinch a home playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    On Global's 11 pm sportscast last night, they covered the Jays, Leafs and TFC in that order. How about the Argos? There was no mention at all. I complained on Twitter and included Global Sports' Rob Leth on my complaint and he responded that he wasn't working last night and didn't know what happened. I give him credit for that response. He seems like a nice guy who does care about the Argos and hopefully that will show up in the coming weeks, especially with Shaw as a major CFL sponsor now. However, I am still disappointed that there was zero mention of the Argos game last night.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    With Montreal's loss to Hamilton today, we now know the identity of the three teams who will be playing in the eastern playoffs - Hamilton, Toronto and Ottawa.

Hamilton is well-positioned to finish first while the Argos are best positioned to finish in second place. As long as the Argos beat Montreal, B.C. and Winnipeg to finish the season, they cannot finish any lower than in second place. I am been trying to figure out what would happen if there is a three-way tie for first place but I believe that would still favour the Ticats for 1st and the Argos for 2nd as the tiebreaker would be overall record against the other two teams.

While I would love to see the Argos finish in first place and host the East Final, they will need a fair bit of help to do so at this point so what I am hoping for is that they continue to get better as a team over these final three weeks and be ready to play at the top of their game come playoff time. I think that's all any CFL fan can hope for from their team at this point.

Finally, I hope that Rogers/Blue Jays are gracious enough to let the Argos play their home playoff game at SkyDome if the Argos do indeed clinch a home playoff game.
    It's extremely unlikely we'll finish first but frankly, we'd probably be better off finishing second and hosting the ESF. We seem to do better in the playoffs when we start at home and then go on the road than we do when we get the bye. And another Eastern Final with tons of Hamilton fans ruining our home-field advantage would be annoying as hell.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    It's extremely unlikely we'll finish first but frankly, we'd probably be better off finishing second and hosting the ESF. We seem to do better in the playoffs when we start at home and then go on the road than we do when we get the bye. And another Eastern Final with tons of Hamilton fans ruining our home-field advantage would be annoying as hell.
    If we don't finish first then Eastern final in Ottawa would be best case scenario, the Burlington Skyway is like cryptonite to the Argonauts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    All true.

Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    If we don't finish first then Eastern final in Ottawa would be best case scenario, the Burlington Skyway is like cryptonite to the Argonauts.
    I like the Argos vs the RBs regardless.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Seems to be that way.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    If we don't put Ray in I think we'll end up third. Harris seems to be taking two steps back and over thinking and not reacting. Montreal always plays us tough. No game is easy for this Argo team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    So after Ottawa's win today, the Argos can no longer finish in first place. However, as long as they win their final two games they will finish in second place. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I can't see a scenario where the Argos don't finish in second place as long as they win their final two games as even a three-way tie would put the Argos in second place. Both Ottawa and Hamilton can finish anywhere from first to third place in the east.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    So after Ottawa's win today, the Argos can no longer finish in first place. However, as long as they win their final two games they will finish in second place. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I can't see a scenario where the Argos don't finish in second place as long as they win their final two games as even a three-way tie would put the Argos in second place. Both Ottawa and Hamilton can finish anywhere from first to third place in the east.
    Argos blew a great opportunity to gain ground on Hamilton and keep pace with Ottawa with the embarrassing show on Friday night, probably will come back and haunt them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Argos blew a great opportunity to gain ground on Hamilton and keep pace with Ottawa with the embarrassing show on Friday night, probably will come back and haunt them.
    It might, but I also can't help but think about the feeling I had the last 3 times the Argos hosted the eastern final ('05, '07 and '13). Maybe it's better NOT to get a bye week. Let's just hope they can win their last 2 games and assure themselves a home playoff game.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    It might, but I also can't help but think about the feeling I had the last 3 times the Argos hosted the eastern final ('05, '07 and '13). Maybe it's better NOT to get a bye week. Let's just hope they can win their last 2 games and assure themselves a home playoff game.
    I agree with this--host the eastern semi, but would rather be playing the eastern final on road.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    If we don't put Ray in I think we'll end up third. Harris seems to be taking two steps back and over thinking and not reacting. Montreal always plays us tough. No game is easy for this Argo team.
    Harris might benefit from sitting on the bench and settling down because he's clearly rattled.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I agree with this--host the eastern semi, but would rather be playing the eastern final on road.
    Not in Hamilton though!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Not in Hamilton though!
    Oh come on. Cleo Lemon won a playoff game in Hamilton. I have every belief that Ricky Ray would too.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Oh come on. Cleo Lemon won a playoff game in Hamilton. I have every belief that Ricky Ray would too.
    Furthermore, the Argos are way overdue for a win in Hamilton.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    What I worry about this year is that we have not blown out a team all year. Every game has been tight or we get blown out. Strange year but this Friday will tell us a great deal of what is in store for God's Team!
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!