Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I was at the game as well and I cannot recall ever seeing an Argo team so totally inept in every facet of the game. What was that with the kicker?? They had two kickers the last two games and suddenly only this Rogers guy who couldn't kick a field goal over 30 yards if his life depended on it. Stupid team management let Pfeffer (however you spell it) go the minute Swayze Waters came back. It's been a gong show ever since then. Offense is totally useless. Still the same stupid, stupid play calling, three yard passes when you need 5. Feel like banging my head against a wall when I see that. Defense was the worst it has been all season. Two weeks ago I was sure the Argos would be in the Grey Cup, with Collaros out and possibly Ricky Ray coming back, but who knew the team would suddenly become the worst team in the CFL overnight, which is where I would put them at this point.

Great to see Ricky Ray finally get into action. I think Harris was really struggling with his offensive line that gave him very little protection tonight. He never had time to set up at all. Still.. it was past due when he got pulled. He has been really great for us all season, but I think he just hit a wall. Suddenly, he is struggling big time. Maybe just not used to playing this many games and especially in hostile territory for most of the games. A break will do him good. I was even thinking tonight that Milanovich should have just put McPherson in for a few series just to let Harris watch and try to re-focus. Sometimes that works.

At least the Blue Jays lost tonight as well, which means we finally get a home game. I really hope every so called Argo fan in the city gets out to show their support for this team that has had to endure so much crap. I just hope they don't put on another horrible show which would drive even those fans away.

Another story, off topic, but had to relay this one. A guy I know just got back from a trip to Italy. He said he was lining up to get into some building in the Vatican and struck up a conversation with one of the guards there. The guard found out the guy was from Toronto and then Yelled out in excitement... "Toronto Argonauts !".... and then "Chad Owens !!" Good to hear stories like that one.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    You have to stick with Harris and give him a chance to play out of it and regain some confidence.
    I'm not so sure that you do. I'm pretty sure you go with Ray to at least get the home game for the playoffs, and get him ready for the East final (assuming that's not the Argos home game) and hopefully the Grey Cup. There's no more experimenting with things at this time. Ray is tried and true. Harris has been shaky recently. If Ray stumbles you put Harris in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    First off I'd like to commend the Argo fans that made the trip last night. Secondly, pretty much the only positive things I can say about this game was that I was happy to see Ray out there and loved the way that Whitaker played, IMO the only guy that played hard, never quit and continued to be a true leader out there. The defense seems to have regressed back the softest zone play I've ever seen in my life. I didn't like seeing Ansah go after Smith, especially when Ansah can't play man to man to save his life and Smith had to bail him out on at least 2 occasions during the game. All three facets of the team were pathetic, now part of that is coaching and the other part unquestionably is the teams situation is starting to catch up to them. The two new offensive linemen should be given tickets home instead driving back with the team to T.O, play Mitchell at RG and Sewell at RT, because for an American linemen Fonoti or whatever his name is should work at construction sites as a pylon as that's all he was tonight. Harris can't throw on a rope and can not read defenses fast enough, anyone still think he's as good as if not better than Collaros ?

This is just a theory, but maybe Ray is healthier than Milanovich has been letting on and Harris has been looking over his shoulder the past few weeks, which is leading to the poor play. Honestly I've seen enough of Harris, it's Ricky Ray time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Milanovich seems to address many of the issues brought up on here: http://argonauts.ca/video/index/id/118641

The only bright spot that I saw on Friday night was that Ricky Ray performed fairly well in his quarter of work. I suppose another one would be Whitaker but that's about it. Hopefully finally having some home games will give this team a much-needed lift along with getting some healthy bodies back on the offensive line. There is still a great opportunity to do some big things this season but they need to get things straightened out over the next week.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I haven't seen as big a physical mismatch since the Barbarian faced Tito Santana at Wrestlemania VI! Boy didnthe Argos ever play bad! The Alouettes DB's must have gone to the craft store and bought glue because they stuck to our receivers like glue. Our DB's must have gone to Sleep Country Canada because they left a cushion that they couldn't buy anywhere else. In fact, the entire team visited Sleep Country Canada for the duration of the game.

I drove an hour plus in 401 traffic that can only be described as...actually not so bad, but there are some who should take Sheppard, York Mills or Lawrence instead. I arrived at an empty tailgate lot that was quiet, and attend a game in which the Argos were just as empty.

At least the team can play at the Skydome again, unless Rogers books a spontaneous Wiggles concert, which I suppose is possible.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Clearly the two new o-linemen were in way over their heads. If VZ and VR can't play nxt wk, may as well start Sewell and see once and for all whether he's up to the task. Mtl's D had a hell of a game -- I'm not nearly as upset with our offence and Harris as I am with the defence, which for the umpteenth time allowed a mediocre QB to have his way with them.

One good aspect of a blowout loss was it allowed RR to get some game action, and he looked comfortable back there. I am betting we will start Harris again on Friday but if he struggles again it will mark three games in a row, bordering on time to replace him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Happy to see the Jays season end so this team can finally lay some roots for the closing act of the reg. season. Hate to go against a local club but the powers that be have created this scenario. Totally surprised to see Ray get in a quarter but id be surprised to see him start the next game. Glad to put this THF nonsense behind us.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Will someone please report on what happened on the Argo sideline that caused Gurley to be benched? Was there an altercation?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    There is no reason for me to think we won't be playing in the Dome on Friday, but after what we have gone through over the last few weeks I take nothing for granted.

After two games in Hamilton, I am curious to know why the fans were grouped in the East stands? I understand the economies of scale on the grouping, but the East stands?

Originally, I assumed that the TSN cameras were setup such to give the appearance of a larger crowd, but that wasn't the case. In a weird way, the camera setups were so that it appeared that the stadium was empty of fans? So that wasn't the case.

We were so far from the Argos and Als benches that we were entirely disconnected from the home and visiting teams. So much so, that we didn't hear of the fighting until we go home. Also, I am sure the team didn't feel the fans presence in the least. Not good.

We noted that the corporate boxes on the West side and fans in the 2nd level were there as well.

Does anyone know the reason why the East stands were chosen over the West stands? Did the Argos or CFL make this dumb decision?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    It had to be for TV. Putting fans on the other side would have made the side the cameras point to look even emptier than it was.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 929
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Will someone please report on what happened on the Argo sideline that caused Gurley to be benched? Was there an altercation?
    I endured the entire game on TV, but this is the first I heard about Gurley being benched. I just assumed be was AWOL with most of the team. Perhaps the worst game I have seen in my 35 years as an Argo fan, especially with so much on the line.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    I'm not so sure that you do. I'm pretty sure you go with Ray to at least get the home game for the playoffs, and get him ready for the East final (assuming that's not the Argos home game) and hopefully the Grey Cup. There's no more experimenting with things at this time. Ray is tried and true. Harris has been shaky recently. If Ray stumbles you put Harris in.
    It is a bit of a tough situation, I'd put Harris back in and try to get his confidence back, Ray needs to get time as well.
    Wonder if they would consider something similiar to a pre-season setup where they each get work for a half then switch.
    I worry about either Ray or Harris working behind this O-Line as currently constructed, absolutely brutal and a QB injury waiting to happen.
    Still can't believe we let Kevin Glenn pick us apart, totally embarrassing, sadly I smell another Defensive backfield rebuild in the offseason for the third year in a row, they simply aren't good enough.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Who knows....no one was sitting on that side!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I endured the entire game on TV, but this is the first I heard about Gurley being benched. I just assumed be was AWOL with most of the team. Perhaps the worst game I have seen in my 35 years as an Argo fan, especially with so much on the line.
    After the Calgary game, I never would have imagined an effort like what we displayed last night. I am afraid the trend is dismal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    At least the team can play at the Skydome again, unless Rogers books a spontaneous Wiggles concert, which I suppose is possible.
    Sad as it is, I could see Rogers make-up some crap event just to continue to keep the Argos out and hurt their image even more. Maybe a huge team and company party is in the works to pat themselves on the back, of which rogers will tell the Argonauts, "sorry, but blue Jays come first".
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Still can't believe we let Kevin Glenn pick us apart, totally embarrassing, sadly I smell another Defensive backfield rebuild in the offseason for the third year in a row, they simply aren't good enough.
    I've been saying it all season, the players not named Gabriel and Jefferson need to be shown the door.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well I think I've calmed down a bit now.

My observations...
    Argos were dominated on the line of scrimmage...on both sides of the ball. You can't even come close to competing if you can't win an o-line vs d-line battle.

Nice to see Ray play at the end, but I'm of the opinion that his arm strength isn't there yet. The last play of the game was telling for me. Receiver at the back of the end zone was open, but Ray couldn't reach him. The thing I did like about Ray, was his quick decision making. A QB can make the o-line look better when the ball is out so quickly.

Defence was just head scratching. Montreal was beating them with basic passing 101..nothing complicated or confusing. Clear with the outside receivers and run the inside receivers underneath. So frustrating to watch how easy that was, and that falls on the DC, not making adjustments. Should have blitzed and played more man, with safety help on Green.

And finally, I have come to the realization, that Pfeffer should have been kept. So frustrating to watch our kicking game.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    And finally, I have come to the realization, that Pfeffer should have been kept. So frustrating to watch our kicking game.
    Who are you ? and what have you done with the real Angelo ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Who are you ? and what have you done with the real Angelo ?
    LOL..I still am not convinced he will ever become an all star, but there is something to rewarding those that have filled in admirably when needed. I still wonder if they ever contacted Delbert Alvarado. He is much better than anyone they have brought in.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    First off I'd like to commend the Argo fans that made the trip last night. Secondly, pretty much the only positive things I can say about this game was that I was happy to see Ray out there and loved the way that Whitaker played, IMO the only guy that played hard, never quit and continued to be a true leader out there. The defense seems to have regressed back the softest zone play I've ever seen in my life. I didn't like seeing Ansah go after Smith, especially when Ansah can't play man to man to save his life and Smith had to bail him out on at least 2 occasions during the game. All three facets of the team were pathetic, now part of that is coaching and the other part unquestionably is the teams situation is starting to catch up to them. The two new offensive linemen should be given tickets home instead driving back with the team to T.O, play Mitchell at RG and Sewell at RT, because for an American linemen Fonoti or whatever his name is should work at construction sites as a pylon as that's all he was tonight. Harris can't throw on a rope and can not read defenses fast enough, anyone still think he's as good as if not better than Collaros ?

This is just a theory, but maybe Ray is healthier than Milanovich has been letting on and Harris has been looking over his shoulder the past few weeks, which is leading to the poor play. Honestly I've seen enough of Harris, it's Ricky Ray time.
    A just brutal game for sure. Notes:

This coaching & personnel staff has been making some real bad decisions and it's catching up to them in a frustrating season with the injuries and no real home for the team.

Kicking game; yep - getting rid of Pfeffer was dumb/myopic

going with 2 raw rookie O-linemen when they could have started Mitchell and Sewell and let the inexperienced new American guys be the back-ups is so pathetic but typical of the Americans first attitude of - you got it - GOBs - and IMO shows such a lack of respect to the roster and specific players and a team concept

that D-backfield may have some talent and ex-NFL resumes that Jimbo loves, but they aren't good enough and they don't have the CFL experience or leadership to play as a strong unit - they could have signed a veteran D-backfielder or maybe played Matt Black in the unit lots; and they are saddled with it seems very predictable or soft coverage packages

Harris - played great early in the season and i think he has a fine CFL future, but Ray should be playing now and maybe they took to long to get him some playing time - Millanovich didn't want to hurt poor Trevor's feeling's ? - that is just stupid, pee wee football thinking when you should be doing everything possible to help the team in a race to first place

like the size and talent of those 3 new receivers but I also think they got quite over-rated; seems like some real hot-dog/ me first attitudes there (stop with the spinning the ball schtick everytime you catch a pass) and none of them have great speed, nor consistent great hands ability and they don't fight for yards enough - should have settled on the 2 best (get rid of Hazelton) and found another receiver who is not part of what seems like a"look at me, im a star" posse; Inman is way better than any of those 3 as is Ottawa FA signing Sinopoli

Still a winning season for the Argos though and maybe the lack of a real home and cheapskate Braley can get a lot of the blame for some poor outings or decisions? Still time to rally in the last 2 reg season games ?

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    This game was obviously what happens eventually when you've had a mind numbing season just trying to keep your spirits up while basically playing on the road all year. This is much different from Hamilton when they moved out while this nice new stadium was being built. The Argos never knew exactly where they might end up. Turns out it was Hamilton where they are now a total of 0-5 against three separate teams. This game was obviously more of a mental let down for the guys except the two new O linemen who just SUCKED! That guy with the long hair was horrible and lost.

I as well give much credit for the Argo fans who tripped down and all around Canada to see our guys play this crappy schedule. Used to be that guy but it's much harder to do when you live where we live and finances dictate a change in mindset. Hard starting a landscape company over in ones 50's in a totally new area. Maybe in a few years we'll try the seasons again but I think we'll be out next year. Maybe we can trip to Ottawa and a few TO games next year. I miss it. I've only been to two games this year and as a season ticket hold that blows. Well at least there should be a game on my birthday which is Friday. Looking forward to two great nights in the Big smoke.