The Argonotes sounded good!
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    It was a long drive home last night, just as it was last week. Owen Sound to Hamilton, two return trips, means twelve hours on the road, haunted by the specter of Argos' ineptitude in all three phases of the ball that has already been reported, in excruciating detail, on this thread. Odd, isn't it? Until last night, from a competitive standpoint, Montreal and BC were given up for dead. I marvel at how rapidly the landscape can change on the heels of one game. Will the Argos rise from the dead next week?

Difficult to identify anything positive. Offensively, one particular instance set the tone: early in the game they were second and three. Harris threw for a two-yard completion and they had to punt. Shades of Tony "10 of 10 for 10 yards" Adams. Defensively, they were so vanilla, I thought I was watching a preseason game.

Bottom line, Coach Milanovich was right: No excuses.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    The Argonotes sounded good!
    thanks, eh. Despite all the weirdness and difficulty getting people out, we had fun. THF is actually a pretty good setup bandwise, it's a shame the Ticats don't have their own band any more.

I think we had the largest per-capita CFL pep band in history. 25 in the band, 3,741 in the crowd; one band member for each 150 spectators. Saskatchewan's band will need 200 or more people to beat that at their next home game :-)
    Last edited by shayman; 10-24-2015 at 05:21 PM.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    High per-capita band music is my second favourite genre!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    As per Dave Naylor prior to last night's game and it was also mentioned by Gordon Miller during the game, the new Argo ownership are giving the team and it's families a tour of BMO field today. 45 players signed up. A great gesture and IMO just a taste of the fine ownership this team will bring starting in January.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    That sounds great and should also help keep some of the dozens of guys who would want to bail on Toronto after this year. Perhaps some might see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    This game was obviously what happens eventually when you've had a mind numbing season just trying to keep your spirits up while basically playing on the road all year. This is much different from Hamilton when they moved out while this nice new stadium was being built. The Argos never knew exactly where they might end up. Turns out it was Hamilton where they are now a total of 0-5 against three separate teams. This game was obviously more of a mental let down for the guys except the two new O linemen who just SUCKED! That guy with the long hair was horrible and lost.

I as well give much credit for the Argo fans who tripped down and all around Canada to see our guys play this crappy schedule. Used to be that guy but it's much harder to do when you live where we live and finances dictate a change in mindset. Hard starting a landscape company over in ones 50's in a totally new area. Maybe in a few years we'll try the seasons again but I think we'll be out next year. Maybe we can trip to Ottawa and a few TO games next year. I miss it. I've only been to two games this year and as a season ticket hold that blows. Well at least there should be a game on my birthday which is Friday. Looking forward to two great nights in the Big smoke.
    Yeah that's to bad to hear argoholic! As going to Argo games are my favorite things to do in the summer just sucks that we had incompetent owners and pricks in Rogers screwing all Argo fans over. Let's just hope us Argo fans can make some noise for the next two games with anti Rogers signs and chants and hope we can have some kind of protest to go along with it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    As per Dave Naylor prior to last night's game and it was also mentioned by Gordon Miller during the game, the new Argo ownership are giving the team and it's families a tour of BMO field today. 45 players signed up. A great gesture and IMO just a taste of the fine ownership this team will bring starting in January.
    Hopefully this will give the team a psychological lift as they head into next Friday's big game.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Nice to hear that this new ownership group has a pulse when it comes to the Argos! But these guys are going to need to do a lot more work then just to open a door to a building that ml$e built for me to pat them on there back. Dont think for a second that these owners can just snap there fingers come July and expect a decent crowd to see the Argos play.I hope the last couple of weeks of crowds of 3,400 and 3,700 at thf opened some eyes to realize how much damage this team is really in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Nice to hear that this new ownership group has a pulse when it comes to the Argos! But these guys are going to need to do a lot more work then just to open a door to a building that ml$e built for me to pat them on there back. Dont think for a second that these owners can just snap there fingers come July and expect a decent crowd to see the Argos play.I hope the last couple of weeks of crowds of 3,400 and 3,700 at thf opened some eyes to realize how much damage this team is really in.
    I really don't think that you have to worry about this, Rocket. Both Bell and Tanenbaum will be highly-motivated to make the Argos a success. I suspect that you will see a marketing campaign like you haven't seen since at least the early 1990s around the Argos next season and for years to come.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I really don't think that you have to worry about this, Rocket. Both Bell and Tanenbaum will be highly-motivated to make the Argos a success. I suspect that you will see a marketing campaign like you haven't seen since at least the early 1990s around the Argos next season and for years to come.
    Yes I do hope you are right! I will be holding my fingers crossed for that to happen. Not to impressed on how they are just waiting tell January to take over the team then wait tell who knows when with a marketing campaign. Some of this stuff should be worked out as this season was going on.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Yes I do hope you are right! I will be holding my fingers crossed for that to happen. Not to impressed on how they are just waiting tell January to take over the team then wait tell who knows when with a marketing campaign. Some of this stuff should be worked out as this season was going on.
    It's my observation, from the press conference and previous negotiations, that this group does not get along with the current ownership and want to distance themselves as far as possible. It's probably best, they wait until they are actual owners before truly going forward with the team. No Braley, no legality and no Rogers fiasco to deal with. The team is all theirs and every decision can be made with no permission from, or money going to anyone else.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    It's my observation, from the press conference and previous negotiations, that this group does not get along with the current ownership and want to distance themselves as far as possible. It's probably best, they wait until they are actual owners before truly going forward with the team. No Braley, no legality and no Rogers fiasco to deal with. The team is all theirs and every decision can be made with no permission from, or money going to anyone else.
    Whatever it may be the new owners need to act now and quickly. How much attention will this team be able to get in the off season? Instead of trying to do a quick hit and run by hosting a grey cup next year more focus should be put in the Argos season. With an nba all star game, world hockey championship being played in Toronto next year and with the jays projected to be in the same place next year how much attention will they be able to get leading up to a grey cup in November. 1992 grey cup in Toronto was considered a big failure with many people organizing the game complaining how hard it was to get attention because of the blue jays coming off a World Series.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I am sitting in Sun Life Stadium watching Miami Dolphins lead Houston by 41 - 0 at half time 48 hours after Hamilton.What is with the one sided games I am attending this week? Houston looks like they stole a page from the Argos Friday night game.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    It also follows with the idea that Ron presented that the incoming ownership wanted absolutely nothing to do with this team while it was still playing in the Rogers Centre.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    It also follows with the idea that Ron presented that the incoming ownership wanted absolutely nothing to do with this team while it was still playing in the Rogers Centre.
    That's more or less how Leiweke hinted at it as well. “As to us buying them, on a stand-alone basis, we have no interest in the Argos, but because of the uniqueness of what we have to go through to get the stadium, we are certainly intertwined.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/repor...llion-upgrade/