Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Actually, what some of us took issue with (in that thread and another where you made the same point) was the suggestion that anything could or should be done about it. Of course we're at a competitive disadvantage, but I can't even remotely agree with your suggestion that maybe this be "made up for" by giving us more home games next season. It's not the league's or any other team's fault, so why should another team lose a home game to benefit us retroactively?
    Some posters seemed to be saying that we weren't at a competitive disadvantage and that we were winning and using it as a rallying point.

I was asking for and making suggestions as to what should / could be done to make up for the competitive disadvantage.

To many people seem to be okay with just saying oh well it will be better next year and we should just suffer through the rest of this season. I am not okay with that outlook and I'm surprised that anyone here is.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I think Howard Beale spoke to the Rogers issue, when he said: I am mad as hell and I don't want to take it anymore! Network, 1976

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I think Howard Beale spoke to the Rogers issue, when he said: I am mad as hell and I don't want to take it anymore! Network, 1976
    40 years old and relevant as hell. Faye Dunaway was a Fox.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    The silence is not good. Forget everyone being afraid of being politically correct, someone needs to come out and scream loud how this is not right. It could be Chris Rudge, the commish.... someone. This can still be done in a tactful manner and create the required attention.

I think everyone should contact the CFL through their web site and ask for intervention. I just did this. I cannot hurt!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    The silence is not good. Forget everyone being afraid of being politically correct, someone needs to come out and scream loud how this is not right. It could be Chris Rudge, the commish.... someone. This can still be done in a tactful manner and create the required attention.

I think everyone should contact the CFL through their web site and ask for intervention. I just did this. I cannot hurt!
    I just left a voice message for Jeffrey Orridge asking if the league has communicated with Rogers yet, and if they have plans to make a public statement about the Argo situation. Tel: (416) 322-9650
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Some posters seemed to be saying that we weren't at a competitive disadvantage and that we were winning and using it as a rallying point.

I was asking for and making suggestions as to what should / could be done to make up for the competitive disadvantage.

To many people seem to be okay with just saying oh well it will be better next year and we should just suffer through the rest of this season. I am not okay with that outlook and I'm surprised that anyone here is.
    Totally agree with your comment that I have bolded here. Why should the Argos have to sacrifice their season for the Jays/Rogers? They can work together in some kind of partnership but the Jays/Rogers seem to have no interest in doing so.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    So what do you guys who don't accept it propose be done about it? This year specifically? Deed the Argos an automatic bye to the Eastern Final regardless of whether they finish first? I am at a loss to understand how any proposed remedy for the disadvantage would not just create a new disadvantage for someone else.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    I just left a voice message for Jeffrey Orridge asking if the league has communicated with Rogers yet, and if they have plans to make a public statement about the Argo situation. Tel: (416) 322-9650
    For anyone on Twitter:

@Commish13
    @Mike_G_Copeland
    @CFL
    @TorontoArgos

#CFL
    #Argos

So what do you guys who don't accept it propose be done about it? This year specifically? Deed the Argos an automatic bye to the Eastern Final regardless of whether they finish first? I am at a loss to understand how any proposed remedy for the disadvantage would not just create a new disadvantage for someone else.
    Play the games untelevised at York or Varsity.

If you're playing a neutral site game in addition to refunds offer free tickets and free busing.

Argonauts get the home team dressing room at the neutral site game.

I'm sure that there are other things that I haven't thought of.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post

Pigs fly if you think Braley or Rudge will say anything, they've already packed it in.
    Good on a proud former Argonaut for standing up for his former team!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    At least someone finally spoke out about it. I was beginning to think that maybe WE were the crazy ones.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Pigs fly if you think Braley or Rudge will say anything, they've already packed it in.
    Rudge, lol. that goof packed it in after the 100th Grey Cup and has only been showing up to pick up his paycheque 2 Fridays a month. Its an unfortunate situation and long before the season started the media both pro and con CFL were calling this season a lame duck campaign. All that said, there is no excuse (clause or not) for the commish to not put his influence to use to improve the Argos situation.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Since he has started his tenure what if anything has the Commish said that is newsworthy?
    The lack of any sort of a statement on the Argos debacle for me is deafening.
    In fact bordering on the grounds for a dismissal.
    I know those will say he didn't create the problem no kidding, but to say nothing not even to blast the Rogers crooks, etc is mind boggling.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    Rudge, lol. that goof packed it in after the 100th Grey Cup and has only been showing up to pick up his paycheque 2 Fridays a month. Its an unfortunate situation and long before the season started the media both pro and con CFL were calling this season a lame duck campaign. All that said, there is no excuse (clause or not) for the commish to not put his influence to use to improve the Argos situation.
    This season takes "lame duck" to a whole new level!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Play the games untelevised at York or Varsity.

If you're playing a neutral site game in addition to refunds offer free tickets and free busing.

Argonauts get the home team dressing room at the neutral site game.

I'm sure that there are other things that I haven't thought of.

I'm guessing that this has been mentioned or discussed here before on the Argos' stadium / where to play issue - but would Lamport not be available / Canadian football usable and doesn't it have a bigger capacity than either York or Varsity; games should have been played in Toronto IMO rather than a pathetic "home games" situation in Hamilton.

And yes - Orridge and much of the CFL seem like gutless cowards on this whole situation - getting kicked in the nuts by Rogers repeatedly and laughed at by the same old wannabes in the media. Good for Sandy for coming out swinging and more like him would be welcome IMO. Rogers are a true example of greedy corporate scumbags and they should be taking lots of heat on this, and not from just big fans of the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I'm guessing that this has been mentioned or discussed here before on the Argos' stadium / where to play issue - but would Lamport not be available / Canadian football usable and doesn't it have a bigger capacity than either York or Varsity; games should have been played in Toronto IMO rather than a pathetic "home games" situation in Hamilton.

And yes - Orridge and much of the CFL seem like gutless cowards on this whole situation - getting kicked in the nuts by Rogers repeatedly and laughed at by the same old wannabes in the media. Good for Sandy for coming out swinging and more like him would be welcome IMO. Rogers are a true example of greedy corporate scumbags and they should be taking lots of heat on this, and not from just big fans of the Argos.
    Can't fit a full Canadian field at Lamport. The Toronto Athletics used to play in an American semi-pro league in the 90's (QB'd by former Bishops Gaiter Silvio Martel) and the US sized field was definitely all that can fit length wise. Good for soccer, but no room for end zones.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Always liked that guy and like him even more now!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I have no idea why the powers that be got rid of Cohon. That guy seemed to be doing a great job.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    I have no idea why the powers that be got rid of Cohon. That guy seemed to be doing a great job.
    They didn't. He left on his own.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    They didn't. He left on his own.
    Gotcha. I was under the impression he was pushed out, but that was just based on reading something elsewhere.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Here is an article out of Vancouver which sheds a little more light on this situation: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/wi...144/story.html

Just to clarify my position, I don't think that anything should be done to make this up to the Argos by the league. The issue I have is that the Argos and their fans have basically been sent the message by Rogers that they don't matter and I think that is an awful message to be sending but Rogers is obviously not concerned about any repercussions.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force