Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Can't fit a full Canadian field at Lamport. The Toronto Athletics used to play in an American semi-pro league in the 90's (QB'd by former Bishops Gaiter Silvio Martel) and the US sized field was definitely all that can fit length wise. Good for soccer, but no room for end zones.
    U

Used to go to Lamport as a kid to watch something called the College Bowl, and most certainly watched football on a Canadian sized field. I must say that Lamport doesn't appear to be any smaller looking than it was back thn.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    U

Used to go to Lamport as a kid to watch something called the College Bowl, and most certainly watched football on a Canadian sized field. I must say that Lamport doesn't appear to be any smaller looking than it was back thn.
    There is no way Lamport can fit a Canadian field with end zones. Width is not an issue, but there is only slightly above 110 yards of field.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I always wondered why the Argos and the league would not just say to Rogers that if the field would not be available on a certain date, then change the date of the Argo game to suit. I know television schedules are set, but if an Argo home game gets changed from a Friday night to a Saturday, that would give extra time to convert the stadium, so there should be no excuses from Rogers. Like this Friday's game. Jays could be eliminated anyway by then.... but the schedule if they play 7 games would have them in Kansas City after Wednesday. Changing the day would seem the logical choice for me, instead of moving it to Hamilton. I am afraid there will eb even less people at that game than were there on a Saturday afternoon, because getting to Hamilton after work on Friday will be a no-go for most people.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The issue I have is that the Argos and their fans have basically been sent the message by Rogers that they don't matter and I think that is an awful message to be sending but Rogers is obviously not concerned about any repercussions.
    What are the repercussions for Rogers? I'm glad Annunziata has brought some attention to the situation but I don't see what Orridge can say that would be anything but lip service to fans. Luckily 2016 is not far off now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Play the games untelevised at York or Varsity.

If you're playing a neutral site game in addition to refunds offer free tickets and free busing.

Argonauts get the home team dressing room at the neutral site game.
    Locating the game in Toronto might change the competitive disadvantage equation. The dressing room is not going to make the slightest difference, IMO. Offering fans a ride and free tickets to games at a neutral site does next to nothing about the competitive disadvantage, IMO. Not televising the game damages the league and penalizes fans of the Argos and the league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    The TV money is too significant now for each team. Not broadcasting the game is not an option. If only Canada had a larger population it would be even more lucrative.

I would like to encourage everyone to contact the CFL and the Argos on this issue. Asking them to make a tactful statement and defend Canada's League in stead of the pseudo "Canada's Team".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Up to this game, I have understood why Rogers has booted the Argos out of the dome, based on their own statement that they need 36 hours to convert the stadium to football and then another 36 hours to convert back to baseball.

So why can they not accommodate this Friday's game, which is 48 hours after tonight's Blue Jays game?
    Why has nobody pressed them on this?

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    As I've mentioned before many times KARMA will kick Rogers in the ass big time at some point. I know Karma has gotten back at me for every dumb assed think I've ever done. Once you believe in Karma it stops you and makes you think. Rogers only thinks about Rogers. Was Ted Rogers this much of a total prick? I'm glad we're seeing some articles from around Canada to enlighten other CFL fans.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Locating the game in Toronto might change the competitive disadvantage equation. The dressing room is not going to make the slightest difference, IMO. Offering fans a ride and free tickets to games at a neutral site does next to nothing about the competitive disadvantage, IMO. Not televising the game damages the league and penalizes fans of the Argos and the league.
    More Argonauts fans at a neutral site game that was supposed to be an Argonauts home game will help the Argonauts. Football is one of the few sports where the fans can actually effect the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Up to this game, I have understood why Rogers has booted the Argos out of the dome, based on their own statement that they need 36 hours to convert the stadium to football and then another 36 hours to convert back to baseball.

So why can they not accommodate this Friday's game, which is 48 hours after tonight's Blue Jays game?
    Doesn't matter if anyone presses them on this or not. I'm sure they have fine print on the lease agreement which allows them to do what they are doing, so legally there likely is no leg for the Argos to stand on. I think they see the lack of support for the Argos at this time, and are willing to take their chances with any public backlashes. As my sig says: F them.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    U
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post

This all comes down to lack of leadership plain and simple folks! Why would Rogers give a damn about the Argos when we have owners of the team ,CEO of the team ,commish of the league not giving a damn about any of this? On top of this the Argos go out and attract a crowd of 3,400 for a game that both teams were chasing for first place in there division. Rogers does not respect anyone from the cfl or Argos because we have weak people in charge of the cfl and Argos! We need people who are going to organize have a plan a sort of guidance to where we go. Not a commish like Jeffry ORRIDGE who will just run and hide when a conflict arises and have his main concern in picking up a pay cheque from the league. Not a owner like cheapskate Braley who hasn't been seen in Toronto in a couple of years and who's main concern is how he is going to collect his grey cup hosting money for doing nothing all year long. Not having a CEO like Chris Rudge well you guys get the point now don't have to go into to much with this idiot. But untill this league and teams start to hire guys who are passionate and focused to wanting the grow this league we will always get pushed aside.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    More Argonauts fans at a neutral site game that was supposed to be an Argonauts home game will help the Argonauts. Football is one of the few sports where the fans can actually effect the game.
    Maybe, if the stands were packed. Varsity holds 6,000 tops and I doubt 6,000 fans would go there to sit on flat benches in potentially cold weather with few concessions and washrooms available. I think what we had last weekend -- 3,400 mostly diehard Argo supporters clustered together at midfield -- is about the best we could expect to have even if the game were played at York or Varsity, with free buses and so on. And then there's the fact that Argo crowds are not known for being loud and boisterous. Even with 25,000 in the RC we typically don't get the same home-field boost from the crowd that many other teams get in their stadiums.