Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

What did Tori Gurley do on the bench?

Seriously, what did he do? Couldn't tell by watching on TV, and there were no fans on that side of the stadium. Scott Milanovich stated this was his third strike. I knew Vidal Hazelton was into the antics on the field, but Gurley has been fine on the field. His issues have been on the bench. But what has he been doing? It must be pretty bad to get a benching. I cut the Argos a ton of slack this season with what they have had to deal with, but I was hoping all of this adversity would bring the team together not pull them apart as the defense got into it on the sidelines too.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    During the game in Montreal on Thanksgiving Monday it had been reported that Gurley had been getting into it verbally with Marcus Brady presumably over the play-calling. I guess something similar occurred on Friday night?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    During the game in Montreal on Thanksgiving Monday it had been reported that Gurley had been getting into it verbally with Marcus Brady presumably over the play-calling. I guess something similar occurred on Friday night?
    Sugarbush!! I didn't think any of the Argos had any jump on Friday other than Whitaker and Gillanders. Gurley obviously misdirected his energy to his coaches rather than to his opposition. Same thing with the DBs getting into it on the bench.

Something tells me this could be the turning point of the Argo season now that they are home for good and not on the road anymore. Let's face it that was not the Argo team Friday. If they had to keep playing in Hamilton, than I say the season is over. But I think they will grasp this moment and realize they can achieve what no other team in history has. Win despite insurmountable odds all season long.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Rumour is that it was over play calling, though it should be noted that it wasn't the first or only time that happened. Other players have also had heated "discussions" with Brady as well, I recall both Coombs and Harris getting upset with the OC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Lets face it, Gurley, Elliott and Hazelton are all very talented but they all have an edge to them. I hate how after every catch they spin the ball on the turf. They are cockey and a not so good way. I applaud Jim Barker finding the talent that we lacked the past couple of seasons. I also applaud Milanovich for sitting them down when required. He is doing the right thing but these 2 or 3 players will need to be evaluated in the off season. This is the game and the week to know where we stand as a team. Do we have what it takes? Will we host a playoff game? Should I buy my Grey Cup tickets and make the trip?? The coach is doing the right thing, and we can always second guess the calls that are made on offense. If it was easy we would win every week!
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    Lets face it, Gurley, Elliott and Hazelton are all very talented but they all have an edge to them. I hate how after every catch they spin the ball on the turf. They are cockey and a not so good way.
    I have never had a problem with guys spinning the ball after a catch. How is that different than when a player gets up and makes an emphatical "first down" gesture? Personally, I hate seeing leagues trying to discourage it. As long as you don't get into an opponents face, it should be good to go. It's what sports have become, and doesn't bother me in the least...as long as it's my team doing the celebrating..LOL.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I have never had a problem with guys spinning the ball after a catch. How is that different than when a player gets up and makes an emphatical "first down" gesture? Personally, I hate seeing leagues trying to discourage it. As long as you don't get into an opponents face, it should be good to go. It's what sports have become, and doesn't bother me in the least...as long as it's my team doing the celebrating..LOL.
    It is always better when it is our team! I just don't like how it is done after every catch. Just like doing the 1st down sign... it is fine but not every 1st down. These guys need to calm down a bit. Too cockey for my liking. Don't get me wrong I love the emotion and intensity showing but not this type of stuff after every catch.

You are right I do not want things to turn into the No Fun League.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I can't remember which receiver it was, but last week against Montreal he caught a pass for a gain of 4 yards on 2nd and 5.
    That receiver should have the ball spun in his face for running such a stupidly short route.
    Karma for showboating.

Celebrating every time one does their job should not be encouraged.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm with you on this one timlb01. I'm old school and a firm believer in the axiom of acting as if you've been there before. I say give the ball to the ref and get in the huddle. Leave the theatrics to Hollywood. By the way, Bleeds Double Blue (me) will be making the trip this week to take in the game. Multiple ball spinnings and emphatic first down gestures by the home team will be overlooked in this instance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    I can't remember which receiver it was, but last week against Montreal he caught a pass for a gain of 4 yards on 2nd and 5.
    That receiver should have the ball spun in his face for running such a stupidly short route.
    Are you saying the receiver spun the ball despite the fact he was short? That is stupid.

As for running the route too short, it's not always on the receiver. Sometimes (I would say ususally) the throw brings the receiver back to the spot where he catches the ball, and it's usually caused by good defence pushing the route back.

Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I also hate it when players celebrate making a tackle but at the same time the other team makes a first down. I saw Eric Fraser hit a Bombers receiver after he made a 15 yard catch. If your hit caused him to drop the ball then maybe.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Everything has to be a You tube clip moment or whatever the latest and greatest site is. Also in hockey when every goal is like the game winning Stanley Cup goal. Do they really need to fist pump the whole friggin bench? I guess these guys haven't crashed down to earth in their young lives yet. A four yard catch is massive in their lives.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I also hate it when players celebrate making a tackle but at the same time the other team makes a first down. I saw Eric Fraser hit a Bombers receiver after he made a 15 yard catch. If your hit caused him to drop the ball then maybe.
    I remember that. Of note is the fact that the Bombers came back to win that game, and that actually may have been a bit of a turning point. Eric Fraser is a brutal safety anyways. Couldn't cover his own shadow.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    In addition to Hazelton and now Gurley being benched due to behavioral issues, the ever reliable ArgoGabe mentioned that in Montreal this year, Elliott was on the bench mocking the Als offence by waving goodbye. I gather it was before Montreal almost came back to win.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    This is my biggest pet peeve. Don't celebrate anything if you have allowed the other team to get a first down.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I was reading a story in Sports Illustrated about how some NFL teams track a stat they call "defeats." Basically when your defence prevents the offence from doing what it needed to do, such as gain a first down on third down. Celebrations on defence should be limited to defeats, IMO. Celebrations on offence should be limited to TDs or gains of more than 30 yards. Not every friggin' first down.

Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    In addition to Hazelton and now Gurley being benched due to behavioral issues, the ever reliable ArgoGabe mentioned that in Montreal this year, Elliott was on the bench mocking the Als offence by waving goodbye. I gather it was before Montreal almost came back to win.
    This is true as I was behind the bench. Was waving to the Als offence taking the field and then directed it towards the fans. I have seen him do it towards the away fans before on TV. Behaviour like this bugs me as we all know what happened in the re-match with the Als.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    This is true as I was behind the bench. Was waving to the Als offence taking the field and then directed it towards the fans. I have seen him do it towards the away fans before on TV. Behaviour like this bugs me as we all know what happened in the re-match with the Als.
    You really have to take this with a grain of salt. Who knows what kind of banter goes on during the game between some fans and players. They could be waving bye bye to a particular fan that is just being downright obnoxious all game. Trust me, I know. I used to sit behind the visitors bench at CNE in '87 when I was 19, and (shockingly?) I was obnoxious as hell to some players, and we quite often had fun banter like that going back and forth. When he was a BC Lion, I used to really go at it with Jan Carinci. That was some pretty fun stuff.

I mean, are people not allowed to have fun? This is all a whole lot to do with nothing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I mean, are people not allowed to have fun? This is all a whole lot to do with nothing.
    I take it that you're new to the politically correct world of today ?
    Where everyone likes to complain, everything gets taken out of context and good old school fun isn't allowed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I take it that you're new to the politically correct world of today ?
    Where everyone likes to complain, everything gets taken out of context and good old school fun isn't allowed.
    If "fun" is abusing people, then I wonder what was being taught in those "old schools", but it is out of date.