Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level

Just had a phone call from Rob our Argo ticket guy.

So I used some fine language to address my frustrations followed by a laugh so he knew I wasn't pissed with him or the team. He said that it sounds like if the Jays get to the world series Oct 30th and Nov 6th would both be a no go at Rogers. If the Jays win tomorrow I'm sure they'll be hard to beat in a game 7. My post MLB prediction could be coming true. Tomorrow is obviously key.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm done with getting worked up about the Argos losing home dates. Yes I still hate Rogers!

Think about it. (this is based on what I've read and heard over the years)

C&S buy the team and start talking with soccer Canada about a joint stadium
    C&S walk away from soccer Canada
    C&S want to move to Varsity. NIMBY pressures U of T to say no.
    C&S start talking with York U about a stadium
    Talks progress with York
    Paul Godfrey offers C&S a sweetheart deal to stay at the dome.
    C&S with nudging from Braley take the short sighted deal.
    Braley takes ownership and continues to take deals from Rogers which get worse.

The reality is what's happening this year could have been going on the last 10-15 years!!!!
    If the jays had been making the post season and bumping Argo games back when C&S were looking at other options, it may have changed their decision.

The future will be 200% better at BMO Field. But I still can forgive C&S and their short sighted deal!
    You can't say enough about the players, coaches, and all the team staff for getting through this in a professional manner!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    I'm done with getting worked up about the Argos losing home dates. Yes I still hate Rogers!

Talks progress with York

The reality is what's happening this year could have been going on the last 10-15 years!!!!
    If the jays had been making the post season and bumping Argo games back when C&S were looking at other options, it may have changed their decision.

The future will be 200% better at BMO Field. But I still can forgive C&S and their short sighted deal!
    You can't say enough about the players, coaches, and all the team staff for getting through this in a professional manner!!
    Great post...but I still reserve the right to rant from time to time. LOL
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post

Talks progress with York

Yeah I could forgive c&s for their short sighted deal but I can never forgive a guy like Braley for encouraging c&s to do the deal with Rogers. Any advice taken from Braley has always put the cfl back just when you think the cfl moves a couple steps ahead big headed Braley always comes into the situation and screws everyone up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Great post...but I still reserve the right to rant from time to time. LOL

Just like your logo at bottom of each page, absolutely most of us here have to rant and show displeasure with Rogers and anyone connected to same.
    In my own way, I have years ago divested from all Rogers products and this year during the playoffs made a pledge and so far have not and will not watch the Crap Jays.
    As for my 2 cents on C & S, by the way they were blindsided by the City of Toronto and MLSE with the carpetbaggers known as Soccer Canada having no skin in the stadium game.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    So I used some fine language to address my frustrations followed by a laugh so he knew I wasn't pissed with him or the team. He said that it sounds like if the Jays get to the world series Oct 30th and Nov 6th would both be a no go at Rogers. If the Jays win tomorrow I'm sure they'll be hard to beat in a game 7. My post MLB prediction could be coming true. Tomorrow is obviously key.
    I do hope we get to see at least one more home game at skydome. As much as I hate the current ownership regime of this team I had many good memories of going to Argo games at skydome. I would also like to have some kind of protest to the scum bag Rogers at that game as well and expose those greedy pieces of crap.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't know why C&S are getting such a pass. They knew what they were doing and IMO never intended to put any of their own money into the Argos or a stadium. All they did was paper the house to create a false impression that they were doing a great job. I'm sure they were hoping that people in power would get an all warm and fuzzy feeling and give them money. IMO, their BS act is not better than what Braley has done.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I do hope we get to see at least one more home game at skydome. As much as I hate the current ownership regime of this team I had many good memories of going to Argo games at skydome. I would also like to have some kind of protest to the scum bag Rogers at that game as well and expose those greedy pieces of crap.

Ok why don't we organize something?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't know why C&S are getting such a pass. They knew what they were doing and IMO never intended to put any of their own money into the Argos or a stadium. All they did was paper the house to create a false impression that they were doing a great job. I'm sure they were hoping that people in power would get an all warm and fuzzy feeling and give them money. IMO, their BS act is not better than what Braley has done.
    It's simple going to Argo games was so entertaining when c&s owned the team not to many times did I think we needed a new stadium when they were running things. Going to Argo games at skydome with over 30,000 fans with even having fans sit up in the 500 level seats with the other seats being covered by great looking Argo banners was great. Always my favorite summer activity was going to Argo games with the roof open with that type of athomsphere. Unlike these days going to Argo games with Braley owning them just Sucks period!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    It's simple going to Argo games was so entertaining when c&s owned the team not to many times did I think we needed a new stadium when they were running things. Going to Argo games at skydome with over 30,000 fans with even having fans sit up in the 500 level seats with the other seats being covered by great looking Argo banners was great. Always my favorite summer activity was going to Argo games with the roof open with that type of athomsphere. Unlike these days going to Argo games with Braley owning them just Sucks period!
    Hmmm...this message is brought to us by the PR department for C&S, maybe even Rogers corp.

For a guy who pisses on other posters and says going to BMO will be a tough sell on fans, I really don't know what else to think of your post. Yah, it was ok with C&S (at least in attendance and appearance), but in the end Angelo is right, they're false promises to Argo fans were more for show, pomp and ceremony than any true committment. I wrote about that when they cancelled all set plans for a partnership with York and decided to renew at Rogers. Damn right, they are about as responsible as anybody was for the Argos predicament this season. Braley is obviously no Mr.Popularity and never looked for the limelight, unlike these clowns, whom had Braley cover their expenses to even pay players.

Yet, you praise these non-commital local owners and crap on the Argos today, especially Rudge and Braley...I just find it odd, and am curious as to what your personal or professional relationship is to all involved in these conversations.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    As for my 2 cents on C & S, by the way they were blindsided by the City of Toronto and MLSE with the carpetbaggers known as Soccer Canada having no skin in the stadium game.
    That's revisionist history agolio.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    I seem to recall grazing a headline just the other day that stated Rogers had an excellent fiscal year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    C&S only had success when Pelley was running the show.

Hate to admit it, but the way they set up the Skydome with the big tarps of the all-time Argo's in the 500 endzones was way better than it is now.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Yeah, if only we still had the tarps. All was right in the world when we had those tarps.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I really wish people would actually read Dick Peddie's book. C&S tried to get into BMO before it was built and even willing to put money in, they were sandbagged by Peddie and the City.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Yeah, if only we still had the tarps. All was right in the world when we had those tarps.
    So you actually think that the Skydome has a better feel with a bunch of empty seats, rather than the All Time Argo's covering them up? To each their own.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Let's hope the new owners are in for the long term. And I don't mean 5 years. It will take 5 years just to stop the bleeding and rebuild a fan base that will keep coming out. After that breaking even is possible. After that profitability with the CFLs strongest franchise back in TO. 10 year plan if dome right every year building on the one before while having competitive teams on field.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    So you actually think that the Skydome has a better feel with a bunch of empty seats, rather than the All Time Argo's covering them up? To each their own.
    I actually think there are far more pressing concerns than how we decorate an unused level of a stadium we are being evicted from and may never set foot in again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Let's hope the new owners are in for the long term. And I don't mean 5 years. It will take 5 years just to stop the bleeding and rebuild a fan base that will keep coming out. After that breaking even is possible. After that profitability with the CFLs strongest franchise back in TO. 10 year plan if dome right every year building on the one before while having competitive teams on field.
    Exactly correct IMO, 30 years of neglect and decay will not be corrected with a simple change in venue.
    Generations have been lost but there is hope.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    I seem to recall grazing a headline just the other day that stated Rogers had an excellent fiscal year.
    I am in finance and can say that shareholders aren't enamoured with this company either. Share price has moved sideways for a decade as you can see.

image.jpg