Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    That's revisionist history agolio.
    As the owner of the site, you should know better than to go off topic like that. Responding to a post from another thread in this one can easily be labeled as a weasel move.

Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    C&S only had success when Pelley was running the show.

Hate to admit it, but the way they set up the Skydome with the big tarps of the all-time Argo's in the 500 endzones was way better than it is now.
    And then Pelley went on to work for Rogers. A conspiracy theorist would say he was a plant to de-value the franchise on a go forward basis.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Great post...but I still reserve the right to rant from time to time. LOL
    Dang one typo...can...should have been can't forgive C&S.!
    But I do remember the dome being more exciting when they owned them with Pelley working for them.
    And I forgot about Peddie's book saying how they screwed them!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I really wish people would actually read Dick Peddie's book. C&S tried to get into BMO before it was built and even willing to put money in, they were sandbagged by Peddie and the City.
    I have not read Peddie's book and do not intend to do so, but any assertion that C & S were going "to put money in" is pure flight of fancy, They never had any liquidity from which to put money into anything. From before day one, their cash money came from Braley.
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I am in finance and can say that shareholders aren't enamoured with this company either. Share price has moved sideways for a decade as you can see.

Attachment 635
    Has the share Split at all during that time?

It looks like it's been doing pretty well lately.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Has the share Split at all during that time?

It looks like it's been doing pretty well lately.
    Hasn't split shares in a decade. Most shareholders are pretty impatient with value creation. It has been doing well lately. Wo well, that it actually just exceeded the share price achieved around a decade ago. Most of that time, shareholders lived on the dividend and it was no comfort that their shares were underwater. BCE Inc., the company that owns Bell Canada has been a far better experience for owners. I am shedding no tears for Rogers.

image.jpg

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Hasn't split shares in a decade. Most shareholders are pretty impatient with value creation. It has been doing well lately. Wo well, that it actually just exceeded the share price achieved around a decade ago. Most of that time, shareholders lived on the dividend and it was no comfort that their shares were underwater. BCE Inc., the company that owns Bell Canada has been a far better experience for owners. I am shedding no tears for Rogers.

Attachment 637
    It split in 2007:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...service=mobile

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    That's revisionist history agolio.
    Argolio did not make the quoted post.

I really wish people would actually read Dick Peddie's book. C&S tried to get into BMO before it was built and even willing to put money in, they were sandbagged by Peddie and the City.
    Would you be able to post the quotes from the book that deal with this topic?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Argolio did not make the quoted post.
    I'm aware of that. I was pointing it out to argolio as an example of what I feel is revisionist history which is what he accused me of doing on a regular basis.

I would like to see that as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    And then Pelley went on to work for Rogers. A conspiracy theorist would say he was a plant to de-value the franchise on a go forward basis.
    Me thinks that Pelley is VERY good at whatever task he is handed, and his ONLY loyalty is to whom is paying his salary. Hence he did well with the Argo's, and pretty much every place else he has ever been. Currently the European Golf tour is getting more exposure that I have ever seen before (and thats Pelleys new gig)
    I think that Pelley did well for the Argonauts, but grew out of the pay grade of an Argo president.
    Last edited by argonaut11xx; 10-23-2015 at 11:40 AM.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't own the book, signed it out from the Library.
    But hey, you know what instead of listening to the original interview that I posted when Peddie was on TSN drive and PTS and reading the book for yourself, it's better to just assume that what I've written is just hogwash, as that's what T-Bone has been doing for quite some time and to be honest I'm tired of having to continually repeat this information. Believe what you guys want or better yet read the book.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    But hey, you know what instead of listening to the original interview that I posted when Peddie was on TSN drive and PTS and reading the book for yourself, it's better to just assume that what I've written is just hogwash, as that's what T-Bone has been doing for quite some time and to be honest I'm tired of having to continually repeat this information. Believe what you guys want or better yet read the book.
    It's not that I don't believe you but I think this is the first time I've heard of the book. Maybe I missed it before or forgotten but thanks for that info.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Just to clear things up, you are talking about Richard Peddie, who was former CEO of Skydome, MLSE and the Raptors. He wrote an autobiographic book, and is now retired. I am not sure of how in depth his knowledge of the Argos would be.

Keith Pelley was President of the Argos when C & S "owned" them. Later had involvement with the Olympics, and then became CEO of Rogers Media. Now he heads up the European golf tour. He has never written a book, but I know he has detailed knowledge of the Argos during the time of C & S.

Try not to confuse the two of them.
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    It's not that I don't believe you but I think this is the first time I've heard of the book. Maybe I missed it before but thanks for that info.
    Sorry, I don't mean to get snappy about it, but I was the one who originally posted the link of Peddie admitting it on air, I'm currently searching through the forum to see if I can find it again. While the link most likely will no longer work, hopefully it was replied to by some of us discussing it. Hence my frustration with this, because I've already provided the proof.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Gap-Willie View Post
    Just to clear things up, you are talking about Richard Peddie, who was former CEO of Skydome, MLSE and the Raptors. He wrote an autobiographic book, and is now retired. I am not sure of how in depth his knowledge of the Argos would be.

Keith Pelley was President of the Argos when C & S "owned" them. Later had involvement with the Olympics, and then became CEO of Rogers Media. Now he heads up the European golf tour. He has never written a book, but I know he has detailed knowledge of the Argos during the time of C & S.

Try not to confuse the two of them.
    Richard Peddie, former President and CEO or MLSE, yeah I know which one is which. Peddie has also admitted on air that he "could have got the Argonauts for free" on multiple occasions and how he was able to convince the Teachers Board at least on 2 occasions not to buy the Argonauts and that Tanenbaum has wanted to own the Argonauts for quite some time, because he likes owning things and believes in the community aspect of sports.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    It's disheartening that Peddle never wanted to buy the Argos. The team in their current state (neglected ) will lose 5 million per year. So only an owner prepared to rebuild take the short term loss and give this team the care it deserves will be successful. Short term short sighted won't cut it. Bell needs a strong Argos to keep CFL property relevant. Tannenbaum wants to see what football and the Argos mean in Toronto.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    All I can say is that the new owners better be working on an innovative, interesting, eye catching marketing plan now. A long term marketing vision that runs continuously throughout the year. The Argos have lacked in this department forever. Just moving will do little.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    All I can say is that the new owners better be working on an innovative, interesting, eye catching marketing plan now. A long term marketing vision that runs continuously throughout the year. The Argos have lacked in this department forever. Just moving will do little.
    Agreed. Moving is now clearly pure necessity after this fiasco of a season. I had thought after the previous two seasons scheduling couldn't get worse. Boy was I wrong on that count. Rogers provided 10 days of availability for 8 games and they still screwed them out of October leaving them stranded. Can you imagine if they still had no practice facility. No players or coaches would be here anymore.

With Bell, Copeland from the CFL and Lastman and Tanenbaum I do think there will be business plans and financial plans drawn (are drawn up already). I am just impatient to see rubber hit the road. It will seem like light years to what we have been accustomed to over the last 5 years.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm aware of that. I was pointing it out to argolio as an example of what I feel is revisionist history which is what he accused me of doing on a regular basis.
    Inserting my name into a response to someone else's post is a troll move, especially on a topic I have not commented about recently. Don't ever do it again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Agreed. Moving is now clearly pure necessity after this fiasco of a season. I had thought after the previous two seasons scheduling couldn't get worse. Boy was I wrong on that count. Rogers provided 10 days of availability for 8 games and they still screwed them out of October leaving them stranded. Can you imagine if they still had no practice facility. No players or coaches would be here anymore.

With Bell, Copeland from the CFL and Lastman and Tanenbaum I do think there will be business plans and financial plans drawn (are drawn up already). I am just impatient to see rubber hit the road. It will seem like light years to what we have been accustomed to over the last 5 years.
    I wonder sometimes what some of the new International players must think of playing for the Argos this season. Three home games out of 16. If I were a Kevin Elliott or Tori Gurley, I might be wondering what the heck I have gotten myself into.

I am sure that we will see some top notch marketing of this team starting in January of 2016. I will be shocked if we see anything otherwise.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I wonder sometimes what some of the new International players must think of playing for the Argos this season. Three home games out of 16. If I were a Kevin Elliott or Tori Gurley, I might be wondering what the heck I have gotten myself into.

I am sure that we will see some top notch marketing of this team starting in January of 2016. I will be shocked if we see anything otherwise.

I wonder if some players will go into free agency deciding to go another team just to get off the merry-go-round, even though things are definitely looking better with the new ownership.