Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Agreed. They can beat the Lions. But can they pull themselves back from the brink mentally and finish out the year strong without the road baggage anymore? If they can do that and move onward and visualize the opportunity that is there for the taking they will be in a good place. There should be no mentally tougher team in football than the Argos. They are their own worst enemy.
    The CFL is a hard league to figure out. It seems a team can look dreadful one week, then look amazing the next. (Montreal). Same with Hamilton, they looked good 2 games ago then looked horrible in BC. The Argos seem to get blown out each time they've lost this year with the exeption of the home loss to Hamilton. Would not be surprised to see them bounce back in a huge way Friday.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    The CFL is a hard league to figure out. It seems a team can look dreadful one week, then look amazing the next. (Montreal). Same with Hamilton, they looked good 2 games ago then looked horrible in BC. The Argos seem to get blown out each time they've lost this year with the exeption of the home loss to Hamilton. Would not be surprised to see them bounce back in a huge way Friday.
    I agree with you. I think they can finally pin their ears back. Had they had to finish their season out at THF than I think they might be done. It was asking too much of these players. My thinking is they have new hope now, new found energy to see the season out. Safe in the knowledge next year will be 180 degrees different.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Huh. I had assumed that Spencer would go back in, but this is more interesting. It's nice to get a look at our most promising PR guys, and hey, Ricky has about as much familiarity with Bates as he does with our other receivers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Huh. I had assumed that Spencer would go back in, but this is more interesting. It's nice to get a look at our most promising PR guys, and hey, Ricky has about as much familiarity with Bates as he does with our other receivers.
    Depending on the status of CVZ and Wayne Smith, perhaps both Bates and Spencer will dress.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Depending on the status of CVZ and Wayne Smith, perhaps both Bates and Spencer will dress.
    Could Palardy replace Rogers as PK? Our kicking game will be outclassed again this Friday regardless.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    FWIW, I saw Van Zeyl with the first team offense in a video via TSN discussing Ray returning to right the ship, hopefully he can stay healthy enough to start. Saw something else that made me stomach turn however, Fonoti was also taking reps with the first unit at RG............smh.

Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Could Palardy replace Rogers as PK? Our kicking game will be outclassed again this Friday regardless.
    Pains me to say it, but I'd rather see Palardy play over that Rogers kid.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level

What is the status of the O-line heading to the play-offs? Who is nicked or maybe somebody is able to come off the injured list?

What about Campbell & King, and are Van Zeyl & Smith questionable ?

Trotting out 2 raw rookie imports was not a good idea IMO and it showed; also showed the total lack of faith in Sewell & Michell i guess. If those 2 new import guys play again, when either of Mitchell or Sewell could be given a shot = sad IMO.

O-line is going to be key for this pass only offence - wether it's Ray or Harris playing QB; but Ray might fare better with his quicker reads & smart decision making to get rid of the ball - before getting schmucked or throwing bad picks. Of couse, IMO, some more commitment to some ground game could help, but I doubt that will happen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Yeah, I really don't understand how Sewell isn't playing, saying that Fonoti played no better than a pylon is disrespectful to pylons IMO.
    If it were up to me I'd put Van Zeyl at RG and start Sewell at RT. While only limited spot duty, I think Sewell has looked good on the outside.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Yeah, I really don't understand how Sewell isn't playing, saying that Fonoti played no better than a pylon is disrespectful to pylons IMO.
    If it were up to me I'd put Van Zeyl at RG and start Sewell at RT. While only limited spot duty, I think Sewell has looked good on the outside.
    I would do the same thing.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    What is the status of the O-line heading to the play-offs? Who is nicked or maybe somebody is able to come off the injured list?

What about Campbell & King, and are Van Zeyl & Smith questionable ?
    King is done for the season, OV, so he is simply not an option.

As far as the kicking game goes, I am willing to give Jake Rogers another chance. If he doesn't perform considerably better in the dome then it would be time to look at another option although Waters might be ready for the Winnipeg game anyway.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post

Mitchell has been such either a bust or mystery guy in his CFL time - top rated, high draft pick and a several year starter at OT in Div I ball; he did start some at guard for the Esks and i think did OK there; but he has been off and on the roster and seemed like he was done at one time; now back on a CFL roster but i guess just thought of as a back-up; Sewell might be an option at OT, but I might be inclined to think Mitchell could do as well or better at OT or be decent at guard. Trotting out those 2 raw rookie imports last game was a slap in the face to both Sewell & Mitchell IMO and typical CFL gob Americans first attitude stuff. Another brand new import receiver air-lifted in and handed a starting job in place of Gurley now ? - I'd rather see a vet in Stala play, but maybe they have too many NIs starting - 7 is plenty.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    We're going to appear in the East Semi, so this season can't be any worse than a mild disappointment. We should make a good effort to host that game, but that's just one of our remaining goals. Further experimentation on the OL should be shelved because it's time to collect data on QB performance and figure out what we're going to do in 2016+. But elsewhere? Yes please.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    The East is up for grabs. Hamilton without Collaros is vulnerable. Ottawa is playing well and can win the division. Toronto owns Ottawa. Give Ray the next two starts but work Trevor into the games. Have Ray start against Hamilton in semi. Start Harris against Ottawa in Final and start Ray in grey cup to secure his 4th grey cup win.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Getting excited for two nights in the Big Smoke. Should turn out to be a GREAT B-Day weekend. Hopefully an Argo win but at least I can yell crap about Rogers after hitting Amsterdam. Then Sat will have Cora Pizza involved with more quality beer and then The Brains, East End Radicals and Los Kung Fu Monkey's at The Horseshoe.

Well hopefully the guys are chilled and have had a great week of practice leading up to a big game. They need to get on track and they can help themselves by keeping Ray from getting killed. Hope Ray is as calm as he always seems and has a terrific game. If we need Harris he's available. Might help him relax as well.

Just sitting here as the rain pounds off of our metal roof and thought of how nice it would be to be playing at BMO tonight. It would be HELL!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    When are we expecting Swayze Waters to be back? I cannot find anything on him recently. The kicking game has been rough lately. I also think the Argos need to have a plan if he goes down in the post season .... we will be in huge trouble then!
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    When are we expecting Swayze Waters to be back? I cannot find anything on him recently. The kicking game has been rough lately. I also think the Argos need to have a plan if he goes down in the post season .... we will be in huge trouble then!
    I am certain Watters is expected back for the season finale against Winnipeg. Will be interesting who is in uniform to kick Friday. I see the Argos drafting a kicker in the off season to be groomed behind Swayze.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Mitchell has been such either a bust or mystery guy in his CFL time - top rated, high draft pick and a several year starter at OT in Div I ball; he did start some at guard for the Esks and i think did OK there; but he has been off and on the roster and seemed like he was done at one time; now back on a CFL roster but i guess just thought of as a back-up; Sewell might be an option at OT, but I might be inclined to think Mitchell could do as well or better at OT or be decent at guard. Trotting out those 2 raw rookie imports last game was a slap in the face to both Sewell & Mitchell IMO and typical CFL gob Americans first attitude stuff. Another brand new import receiver air-lifted in and handed a starting job in place of Gurley now ? - I'd rather see a vet in Stala play, but maybe they have too many NIs starting - 7 is plenty.
    As of right now I'd say Mitchell is a bust, although in fairness he's only been in there for very limited spot duty, along with FG attempt and 3rd down gambles, etc. Maybe he along with Sewell just need some actual game reps (at least a couple of games starting IMO). How Milanovich can start Fonoti again is frustrating and confusing to me. I also agree with the notion of Stala starting, he's been a good team guy all year and come up big when the team has needed him, he's the type of guy that Milanovich should be rewarding.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Twitter report from AJ Jakubec ‏@AJonSports (Redblacks play-by-play guy):

If Burris hurt his knee last week, as seems possible, East may be even more wide-open than it was before. All the more reason to be sure RR is ready to play if needed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    The team psyche of the Argos interests me a lot more than news out of Ottawa and Hamilton. I'm worried that the huge wall we hit last week could mean this season is effectively over, which makes this week, playing against a highly motivated team, the biggest game of 2015.