Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Might be time to let go or reconstruct chad Owens contract next time around this guy has not done much the last couple of years besides the one catch in Ottawa this year other then that he has gone unnoticed. Just think that we would be able to find a bigger receiver with better hands who doesn't drop the ball on the run as much as owens does. Having Andre durie injured has not really helped out either. Always nice to have him in the game where you can count on him to get the yardage needed.
    Don't know what to do now with the quarterback situation as Trevor Harris has looked awful last couple of games.
    CFL defences still fear Owens due to his big play ability, TSN flashed a comparison of Owens stats with Ray and Harris starting, he is much more productive with Ray at the helm, simply different QB's see the game slightly differently than others and develop their own chemistry with certain guys, doesn't mean he has lost it
    8 other teams would jump at the chance to add Owens talents and passion for the game.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Might be time to let go or reconstruct chad Owens contract next time around this guy has not done much the last couple of years besides the one catch in Ottawa this year other then that he has gone unnoticed. Just think that we would be able to find a bigger receiver with better hands who doesn't drop the ball on the run as much as owens does. Having Andre durie injured has not really helped out either. Always nice to have him in the game where you can count on him to get the yardage needed.
    Don't know what to do now with the quarterback situation as Trevor Harris has looked awful last couple of games.
    I agree that Owens has definitely lost a step and really appears to be injury prone. It seems like every time he's hit hard, he ends up on the ground and then limps off the field. I love Owens as a competitor, but he is definitely not the player he was a couple of years ago. I wouldn't mind seeing Diontae Spencer take his spot as a receiver next year.

It appears that maybe Ricky Ray is done also. After one year he doesn't appear to have recovered from his shoulder injury. Yesterday's game was sad. At 36 years old maybe this should be his last season. Injuries seem to have taken a toll on him, similiar to Owens.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    This team seems to be fighting harder against each other on the sidelines then against the other team. Second week in a row where guys fought on the sidelines. WTF.

Offensive play calling was just that. Ray still has it, just let the guy toss the ball down field if anyone can get open. We could very well have two more loses to end the season. They don't look good at all right now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    What I hate the most about our offence since 2012 is that we do not ever have the quarterback roll out of the pocket as part of the play. Roll out, design plays that have the quarterback moving... probably suits Harris better than Ray but holy cow... did you see Mike Riley last night...

Who is going to Ottawa or Hamilton for the Semi Final???
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Benevides would be good as DC, and I am open to Corey Chamblin as well altho I know I'm on an island with that.

IMO there is no way Milanovich gets fired this off-season, nor should he. We are in playoffs for third time in four years under him, despite losing our best QB, one of our best receivers and our kicker for nearly the entire season (plus Greenwood and Gabriel for good chunks of it). And playing five actual home games, four when it actually mattered. If we struggle to compete next year with a more favourable schedule and more consistent home/road travel, it might be a different story. But I see nothing in his CV as Argo head coach that comes close to warranting termination at this point. Three-four weeks ago he was being touted as possible coach of the year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I am open to Corey Chamblin as well altho I know I'm on an island with that.
    I don't understand how you could want Chamblin anywhere near this team, his defense was absolutely horrible, even when he was the DC in Hamilton.
    IMO there is no way Milanovich gets fired this off-season, nor should he.
    I highly doubt anyone honestly thinks Milanovich is going anywhere, the contract extension made sure of that. Some here want him gone, but wanting him gone and him actually getting fired are two different things.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I don't understand how you could want Chamblin anywhere near this team, his defense was absolutely horrible, even when he was the DC in Hamilton.
    Just a gut feeling that I think he could be an excellent DC. His team did win a Grey Cup and I doubt he left the DC completely alone. In any event, I fully understand I may be one of the few people in Cda open to the idea of him coming in here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Just a gut feeling that I think he could be an excellent DC. His team did win a Grey Cup and I doubt he left the DC completely alone. In any event, I fully understand I may be one of the few people in Cda open to the idea of him coming in here.
    Benevides in a heartbeat would be an upgrade. Always ran strong defenses in BC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Benevides would be good as DC, and I am open to Corey Chamblin as well altho I know I'm on an island with that.

IMO there is no way Milanovich gets fired this off-season, nor should he. We are in playoffs for third time in four years under him, despite losing our best QB, one of our best receivers and our kicker for nearly the entire season (plus Greenwood and Gabriel for good chunks of it). And playing five actual home games, four when it actually mattered. If we struggle to compete next year with a more favourable schedule and more consistent home/road travel, it might be a different story. But I see nothing in his CV as Argo head coach that comes close to warranting termination at this point. Three-four weeks ago he was being touted as possible coach of the year.
    If they win a playoff game given what has happened this year he should be coach of the year. It is the worst schedule any pro team in any sport has ever had all time. Assuming they beat Winnipeg they will have a 10-8 record while having played only 5 home games. Unheard of.
    GO ARGOS!!!