Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Yes, earlier this season when they were playing well, contract extensions don't always guarantee they will be kept around especially when the fan base is subjected to the shit performances we have been lately.
    I'm not advocating a change however results are what ultimately matters and if the Argonauts lose in the semi final who knows what will happen.
    Brady and Creehan should be nervous more than anyone.
    I honestly don't recall the Argos playing very well this season, but kept winning regardless.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I honestly don't recall the Argos playing very well this season, but kept winning regardless.
    I think they have played well in spurts this season. Dominant for a quarter (usually the 3rd or 4th) but never starting well and have yet to see a complete game. Like Ravi has mentioned, they are in the post season and now is the time for them to play some complete games. If so, they could win the Grey Cup.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I think they have played well in spurts this season. Dominant for a quarter (usually the 3rd or 4th) but never starting well and have yet to see a complete game. Like Ravi has mentioned, they are in the post season and now is the time for them to play some complete games. If so, they could win the Grey Cup.
    The 2012 team really didn't come together until the playoffs. Interesting that the Argos finished 9-9 in 2012 while scoring 445 points and yielding 491. This year they are 9-8 after 17 games and have scored 417 points while yielding 488. They were 4-5 at home and 5-4 on the road in 2012. They are 5-4 on the road this year and 4-4 so far at home although that includes 2 "home" losses in Hamilton and "home" wins in Alberta and Ottawa. In other words, this Argos team is not all that dissimilar to the 2012 team. And for anyone who says that the defence on the 2012 team was that much better, remember that they gave up 36, 24, 44, 26, and 40 points over their final five regular season games before really coming together in the playoffs to yield 26, 20 and 22 points (Grey Cup) with the total given up in that Grey Cup game being quite deceiving as it may have been their best defensive performance of the season.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    This team seems to be fighting harder against each other on the sidelines then against the other team. Second week in a row where guys fought on the sidelines. WTF.

Offensive play calling was just that. Ray still has it, just let the guy toss the ball down field if anyone can get open. We could very well have two more loses to end the season. They don't look good at all right now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    What I hate the most about our offence since 2012 is that we do not ever have the quarterback roll out of the pocket as part of the play. Roll out, design plays that have the quarterback moving... probably suits Harris better than Ray but holy cow... did you see Mike Riley last night...

Who is going to Ottawa or Hamilton for the Semi Final???
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Are you aware that both Barker and Milanovich were extended for 3 years earlier this season? That is an endorsement by the new ownership group. I like the idea of continuity at the top.
    I also like continuity at the top, but only when it's the right people. Keep Barker, dump Milanovich IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Yes, earlier this season when they were playing well, contract extensions don't always guarantee they will be kept around especially when the fan base is subjected to the shit performances we have been lately.
    I'm not advocating a change however results are what ultimately matters and if the Argonauts lose in the semi final who knows what will happen.
    Brady and Creehan should be nervous more than anyone.
    Brady is just an extension of Milanovich. I could see Creehan staying, if only to keep continuity, but I hoping Creehan is shown the door the second the Argonauts season is over and someone like Benevides or Claybrooks are brought in. Though I don't see Claybrooks going anywhere, he's the heir apparent DC in Calgary.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Benevides would be good as DC, and I am open to Corey Chamblin as well altho I know I'm on an island with that.

IMO there is no way Milanovich gets fired this off-season, nor should he. We are in playoffs for third time in four years under him, despite losing our best QB, one of our best receivers and our kicker for nearly the entire season (plus Greenwood and Gabriel for good chunks of it). And playing five actual home games, four when it actually mattered. If we struggle to compete next year with a more favourable schedule and more consistent home/road travel, it might be a different story. But I see nothing in his CV as Argo head coach that comes close to warranting termination at this point. Three-four weeks ago he was being touted as possible coach of the year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I am open to Corey Chamblin as well altho I know I'm on an island with that.
    I don't understand how you could want Chamblin anywhere near this team, his defense was absolutely horrible, even when he was the DC in Hamilton.
    IMO there is no way Milanovich gets fired this off-season, nor should he.
    I highly doubt anyone honestly thinks Milanovich is going anywhere, the contract extension made sure of that. Some here want him gone, but wanting him gone and him actually getting fired are two different things.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Benevides would be good as DC, and I am open to Corey Chamblin as well altho I know I'm on an island with that.

IMO there is no way Milanovich gets fired this off-season, nor should he. We are in playoffs for third time in four years under him, despite losing our best QB, one of our best receivers and our kicker for nearly the entire season (plus Greenwood and Gabriel for good chunks of it). And playing five actual home games, four when it actually mattered. If we struggle to compete next year with a more favourable schedule and more consistent home/road travel, it might be a different story. But I see nothing in his CV as Argo head coach that comes close to warranting termination at this point. Three-four weeks ago he was being touted as possible coach of the year.
    If they win a playoff game given what has happened this year he should be coach of the year. It is the worst schedule any pro team in any sport has ever had all time. Assuming they beat Winnipeg they will have a 10-8 record while having played only 5 home games. Unheard of.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I don't understand how you could want Chamblin anywhere near this team, his defense was absolutely horrible, even when he was the DC in Hamilton.
    Just a gut feeling that I think he could be an excellent DC. His team did win a Grey Cup and I doubt he left the DC completely alone. In any event, I fully understand I may be one of the few people in Cda open to the idea of him coming in here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    Just a gut feeling that I think he could be an excellent DC. His team did win a Grey Cup and I doubt he left the DC completely alone. In any event, I fully understand I may be one of the few people in Cda open to the idea of him coming in here.
    Benevides in a heartbeat would be an upgrade. Always ran strong defenses in BC.