Thread: 2015: Week 19

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Aside from their offense sucking without Collaros, I don't see how they're in worse shape than the Argonauts.
    I believe the comment was about Ham's o-line. Ours played badly the other night but at least we have our five starters healthy so there's reason to hope for improvement. Hamilton's played badly yesterday and they are down to twine and masking tape.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I would have been cursing like crazy if I were you, AV. The fumble wasn't even forced either. Marsh appeared to just drop the ball before he made it to the goalline. Tanner Marsh's career has to be over after this season, doesn't it?

Marsh is a useless stiff who should have been out of the league well before now, or maybe never made a roster - which he did only because of his birth certificate; hey - notice how much opportunity Poop gave to Brandon Bridge to try to help at QB after Carto was unavaliable for a bit and before they acquired Kevin Glenn = ZERO; after he trotted out Marsh yet again and air-lifted in another raw rookie import (Boone) to give shots to instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Aside from their offense sucking without Collaros, I don't see how they're in worse shape than the Argonauts.

Yeah exactly;

Outside of a rookie QB in Matthews who IMO has very limited talent but plays in a much smarter all-pass offence than the Argos have.

The Ticats O-line lost starter Ryan Bomben but have vet O'Neill as a replacement; and didn't they get starting OT Figueroa back last game? - they were facing the leading sack team in Ottawa who has given a lot of teams with vet QBs lots of pass protection problems.

Ticats receiving corps is a match for the Argos and maybe experience advantage with Fantuz to lead there. Run game ? = next to irrelevant with either offence, though I would take Whitaker over anything the Ticats have had this year.

And the Ticats defence is, sorry, IMO, wayyyyy better than the Argos' version with a bunch of often lost CFL rookies manning the D-backfield. FG kicking would be a huge advantage for the Ticats with Medlock over the mess the Argos have deployed lately; a return of a helathy S Waters would be huge for the Argos to help remedy that imbalance though - Waters has been a very good FG kicker to at times match Medlock's strong FG leg, but Waters is a way better punter - hands down / no contest.
    Last edited by OV Argo; 11-02-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I believe the comment was about Ham's o-line. Ours played badly the other night but at least we have our five starters healthy so there's reason to hope for improvement. Hamilton's played badly yesterday and they are down to twine and masking tape.
    Yup, that's what I was replying to, but I can understand why my post might have been misunderstood. As OV pointed out, Bomben may be out, but O'Neill is a capable starter let alone back-up. IMO Hamilton's problem on the line is a direct result of Matthews, he's a straight drop back QB and the play calls don't seem to move the pocket itself, which makes it worse because not only is Matthews immobile, but predictable in his drop backs. Toronto's issue on the offensive line has been the right side all season along with not moving around the pocket and predictable drop backs. As I've stated multiple times, Van Zeyl at guard and Sewell at tackle could help. Fonoti is terrible and Van Roten isn't much better. Van Zeyl has had issues all year, maybe a permanent move to the inside could help.
    Last edited by R.J; 11-02-2015 at 05:45 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    VZ has had a terrible year, for sure. If moving him inside would help, I'd be fine with that. I wish we knew whether Sewell is any better than our other options at RT. Too bad King is done for the year.

I do feel Ham's o-line is thin regardless of who's at QB. O'Neill is not much of a player any more, IMO. Figueroa and Lewis are OK at tackle but not all-stars. Dyakowski is pretty good. Filer and Rice are meh. Girard has no experience. Bomben is a big loss.