Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Argo Fan
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    that sack (second in a row) is a flaw of Harris -- pressure is on and he runs into opponent.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    Pinball is the best guy. A friend and I met him in Bayview Village a couple of years ago -- he was so friendly, it made you think he knows you.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    Nice return by Hawkins - hopefully he (and other) injuried players will be 100% for next week.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    wow - Steele with a nice run to get the first down.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    Good game by Argos - final score 21-11. Ray played very well 75% with a TD and hopefully Ray will start next week for our playoff run.

GO ARGOS GO

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    It was nice to watch a win for a change! I still don't see this team as a contender, but we have a decent chance of appearing (and being destroyed) in the GC game. No complaints here!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I thought that the Argos accomplished what they wanted out of tonight's game. Ricky Ray looked like Ricky Ray and I think that Milanovich was quite pleased with his performance which is why he took him out after the impressive TD drive that he engineered in the 2nd quarter. Other than the INT, Trevor Harris looked like he has for most of the season as well. I think that the decision has already been made to go with the experience of Ray in the playoffs but I also don't think that Milanovich will hesitate to put Harris in if necessary.

The offence looked very good tonight with few two and outs. They moved the ball quite impressively although I don't think that the scoreboard did justice to their play. The running game was excellent tonight as both Kackert and Steele had strong games. As OV mentioned in another thread, the receivers looked very good tonight as well. And the defence had a strong game and has generally improved quite a bit since the home-and-home with Hamilton in mid-season.

The only concern coming out of tonight's game is some of the injuries - Elliott, D. Smith and Hawkins - in particular but hopefully they will all be ready to go for the game next Sunday and they do have a long week to do so. The Argos are deep in the receiving corps so I am actually a little less concerned with Elliott being injured than I am with the two defensive halfbacks who have started most of the season.

In my own mind, I am already expecting the Argos to be playing in Hamilton next week followed by yet another visit to Ottawa but we will know for sure in 24 hours. Good to see the team finish with a winning record though which I believe exceeded many expectations on here when the season began.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    It was nice to watch a win for a change! I still don't see this team as a contender, but we have a decent chance of appearing (and being destroyed) in the GC game. No complaints here!
    Many a team thought to "be destroyed in the GC" have won the GC. EVERY team in the playoffs is a contender until proven otherwise. (Just ask the 89 Eskimos)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Many a team thought to "be destroyed in the GC" have won the GC. EVERY team in the playoffs is a contender until proven otherwise. (Just ask the 89 Eskimos)
    They are not a "contender" per se going in to the playoffs, but I agree with you. The 2012 Argos were also not really a contender. But its funny what an excellent QB can do for a team. It doesn't mean he will, but can​. The Argos happen to have a proven excellent QB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Nice finale at Skydome.

The Kack Attack made an appearance
    The crowd was decent (iv'e seen way worse)
    and Hogan called the Skydome a dump on the post game.

The Natural Hatrick

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Loved seeing Kackert running again. What's up with some of you saying he is washed up?? Sad thing is that this may be the end for him, judging by his actions after the game was over. You can usually tell if a player thinks that is the end. Lots of hugging and a full minute kneeling by himself at one goal line. I sure hope the Argos don't sit him out in the playoffs.
    As well as things went, you have to remember that that Winnipeg team was not very good. Their quarterback looked good at times, but in the end accomplished virtually nothing. It was an entertaining game with lots of great catches and great running. Just lacked the intensity of a game that had real meaning. Crowd was good. Was hoping for better, but about average.

I have to agree with starting Ray in the playoffs, but would not hesitate to put Harris in if Ray struggles at all. This will keep the opponent wondering who they have to prepare for. It is a great advantage to have two good quarterbacks. Now, all we need is Swayze Waters to be healthy and playing next week. Whereever they are playing I will be there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Justin Palardy is an average kicker IMO..however, his punting was actually pretty good last night & his kickoffs are decent. My question is how the &^(*# did Rogers dress ahead of him the last 2 games?? Kackert looked like himself, I don't recall anyone on the forum saying he was washed up, but it looks like the coaching staff are going in a different direction. He deserves to be on the playoff roster. Phil Bates, next time there is an interception, touch the defender down...dont just sit there & watch...that helped Winnipeg score the FG at the end of the 1st half. Would like to see ex Argo DB Donald Washington, a recent cut of Hamilton get signed this week as veteran depth.

Don't count this team out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Justin Palardy is an average kicker IMO..however, his punting was actually pretty good last night & his kickoffs are decent. My question is how the &^(*# did Rogers dress ahead of him the last 2 games?? Kackert looked like himself, I don't recall anyone on the forum saying he was washed up, but it looks like the coaching staff are going in a different direction. He deserves to be on the playoff roster. Phil Bates, next time there is an interception, touch the defender down...dont just sit there & watch...that helped Winnipeg score the FG at the end of the 1st half. Would like to see ex Argo DB Donald Washington, a recent cut of Hamilton get signed this week as veteran depth.

Don't count this team out.
    When the time finally arrives, I honestly feel I won't regret seeing the Argos' next Head Coach.

Perhaps the Argos should have signed that DB abruptly cut by Ottawa (after playing the Argos), subsequently signed by Calgary (IIRC)...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I think that the decision has already been made to go with the experience of Ray in the playoffs but I also don't think that Milanovich will hesitate to put Harris in if necessary.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/is-ray-the-r...e-argos~744046

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Not great seeing injuries to two guys in the secondary and Elliott with a walking boot on.

I knew Kack still had it when many thought he was done. I love how he just plows guys over. Love Spencer and Kenny Shaw had a few nice blocks freeing Spencer up on that one run down to near the goal line. Bates looked like a beast on that run after catch. He gained 35 odd yards after the first attempted Bomber tackle. He might not look like a speedster but he's strong as a bull. I think we should be set up just fine next year even if we lose a few receivers. How about Stala who still can play. The guy is a great athlete and a very valuable guy to keep around.

How about the fact that we finally kept our penalties down. If we can play some good D and keep penalties down we could surprise in the next few weeks.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Level
    Kackert when healthy, is such an exciting back to watch play.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    Loved how they called the dome the SkyDome at the very end of the game!!! I couldn't even buy beer where I have bought beer every game since they changed out the restaurant in the end zone. Then couldn't buy ice cream in the 4th quarter. What an ending to the SkyDome.

Glad the team seemed to be moving the ball. I think the quarterback situation was and is being handled correctly. We have a very good chance of getting to the Grey Cup under the current situation. I wish I felt more confident with the defence even though I like a lot of the players we have. We will see.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    He looked great!!! Glad he played as much as he did.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Exactly what I think every time he gets the ball!
    You just never know when he will either bounce off a tackle and dodge around for extra yards, or just bust a play open for big yards.
    The legs are always pumping fast!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Exactly what I think every time he gets the ball!
    You just never know when he will either bounce off a tackle and dodge around for extra yards, or just bust a play open for big yards.
    The legs are always pumping fast!
    It was great to see Chad, he was explosive every time he got the ball and that's why he has to be in the game next week.