Thread: 2015: Week 20

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Too early to tell. It was his first year out of college, and I thought he did pretty good for not even having a year of learning the league. I think he will be pretty good. He was much better than Crompton and Marsh as well as guys like Matt Nicols, and they have been here some time.
    I don't disagree about being better than Crompton, Marsh and Nichols, but the amount of hype over Cato was beyond ridiculous, he's a game manager with very little athletic ability IMO and looks brittle. Personally I think Bridge has a boatload more potential (being Canadian makes no difference to me, but it would be nice to see), though considering how wrong I was about Marsh, what do i know lol. I believe Glenn's deal with the Riders was a 2 year deal, so he could be a good stop gap for the Als until one of the young guys are ready.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I don't disagree about being better than Crompton, Marsh and Nichols, but the amount of hype over Cato was beyond ridiculous, he's a game manager with very little athletic ability IMO and looks brittle. Personally I think Bridge has a boatload more potential (being Canadian makes no difference to me, but it would be nice to see), though considering how wrong I was about Marsh, what do i know lol. I believe Glenn's deal with the Riders was a 2 year deal, so he could be a good stop gap for the Als until one of the young guys are ready.
    I know what you are saying, but let's be honest, how many first year pros come into the league and not be game managers? I think he ran pretty well too, so I don't see what you do as far as his athletic ability. He may be as you say brittle, but to me, that is the only think standing in his way of being a good QB.

Agreed on Bridge. I hope he really grabs the opportunity.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I know what you are saying, but let's be honest, how many first year pros come into the league and not be game managers? I think he ran pretty well too, so I don't see what you do as far as his athletic ability. He may be as you say brittle, but to me, that is the only think standing in his way of being a good QB.
    Jennings, Reilly and Collaros come to mind as of late, I wouldn't describe them as game managers. Durant has now become a game manager but didn't start out that way IMO.
    Agreed on Bridge. I hope he really grabs the opportunity.
    Here's hoping.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Jennings, Reilly and Collaros come to mind as of late, I wouldn't describe them as game managers. Durant has now become a game manager but didn't start out that way IMO.

Here's hoping.
    I meant straight out of college. Reilly and Collaros had the opportunity to be with CFL teams for a while before starting. Jennings was in some NFL camps in 2014 as well as Saskatchewan. This was Cato's first year out of college. It makes a huge difference.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I meant straight out of college. Reilly and Collaros had the opportunity to be with CFL teams for a while before starting. Jennings was in some NFL camps in 2014 as well as Saskatchewan. This was Cato's first year out of college. It makes a huge difference.
    I didn't know that, I knew it was his first glimpse of the CFL, I suppose I just assumed he got some NFL camp invites.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't want to repeat my previous post about Cato. The only thing that he really lacks (besides experience, of course) is size: stature may or may not prove decisive.

Good for Bridge; keep it going next season. Onwards and upwards.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Good experience for Bridge in a semi-preseason game, nothing more, nothing less. The best part for me was seeing the joy on his dad's face.