Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Exactly why a supervisor should have been contacted and that could have been pointed out. Pulling the "You don't know who you're dealing with" card and being belligerent is not the best way to handle the situation. Was Gabriel doing something other than just wearing the mask that caught that first guards attention?

Like I said more details are needed for a fully informed opinion. Just because Gabriel is a former Argos player he doesn't get an automatic pass.

I know some Rogers Centre security can be a pain in the ass. I had a friend meeting me on the Flight Deck for a game last season and he was stopped by security and told he could not enter the 200 level with a 100 level ticket. My friend asked for a supervisor and the guard told him he had no radio to call one. My friends response was "I can wait." The guard then pulled out his Rogers Centre rule book and pointed out the section about entering diffrent levels with out the appropriate ticket. Under the section there was a bracketed area that referenced the Flight Deck specifically saying that people from both the 100 level and 500 level could go there and my friend pointed that out. The guard had nothing further to say and that was the end of it.
    with all due respect, I am well aware at this point of your obsessive need to justify or take the opposite opinion of every post on this forum just for the sake of doing so , but lets break this one down....

1. It was Halloween, any rule on wearing masks should have been stated before the game as its done in stadiums around the world this time of year

2. "Contacting" a supervisor was not something Mr. Gabriel was capable of seeing as he did not know who the supervisor was. He was limited to nothing more than requesting one which would fall on the rent a cop's willingness to do so which is not likely as it would have put more accountability on him.

3. He was Argos alumni which means he is a guest of the team, he should have stated who specifically the guard was dealing with for this reason.

4.whether he said anything more vulgar than take off is pure speculation on your part. Mr. Gabriel stated he said "Take Off" and until he is challenged on what he said by a witness than I have no problem taking him at his word.

5.There should be a certain sense of common decorum in situations like these, following everything by the book will usually end badly. Qualified and professional security guards usually follow that example. I believe a 20 something security guard with backup a radio call away will act in a more aggressive manner than a 70+ year old male, Its not speculation, its simple psychology and biology, lol. Everyone should respect everyone in this situation to avoid what happened. Mr. Gabriel should respect that he is a visitor and should follow rules and the security should respect their elder and realize his is a senior and is more vulnerable and there is no need to swing a big stick in this situation.

6. In th end, If Mr. Gabriel was physically grabbed or even touched in this situation , and if he was made to feel physically threatened by a group of intimidating men then by the legality of it alone he is in the right and probably has course to sue unless they can prove that he was in any way a threat to himself of someone else at the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    I would have just handed over the Tiger Wood's mask ... who would wear that thing anyway!
    Well, it's been well documented that Mr. Woods has been in the company of many beautiful women.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Typical dome BS. Seen it way too many times. I would have told them all to F right off. What a bloody joke. They most likely took it to be racist. It's a frigging Halloween mask, dome morons!!!!!

Right on.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    with all due respect, I am well aware at this point of your obsessive need to justify or take the opposite opinion of every post on this forum just for the sake of doing so , but lets break this one down....

1. It was Halloween, any rule on wearing masks should have been stated before the game as its done in stadiums around the world this time of year

2. "Contacting" a supervisor was not something Mr. Gabriel was capable of seeing as he did not know who the supervisor was. He was limited to nothing more than requesting one which would fall on the rent a cop's willingness to do so which is not likely as it would have put more accountability on him.

3. He was Argos alumni which means he is a guest of the team, he should have stated who specifically the guard was dealing with for this reason.

4.whether he said anything more vulgar than take off is pure speculation on your part. Mr. Gabriel stated he said "Take Off" and until he is challenged on what he said by a witness than I have no problem taking him at his word.

5.There should be a certain sense of common decorum in situations like these, following everything by the book will usually end badly. Qualified and professional security guards usually follow that example. I believe a 20 something security guard with backup a radio call away will act in a more aggressive manner than a 70+ year old male, Its not speculation, its simple psychology and biology, lol. Everyone should respect everyone in this situation to avoid what happened. Mr. Gabriel should respect that he is a visitor and should follow rules and the security should respect their elder and realize his is a senior and is more vulnerable and there is no need to swing a big stick in this situation.

6. In th end, If Mr. Gabriel was physically grabbed or even touched in this situation , and if he was made to feel physically threatened by a group of intimidating men then by the legality of it alone he is in the right and probably has course to sue unless they can prove that he was in any way a threat to himself of someone else at the game.
    Two thumbs up from me on your synopsis.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Meh. I find it hard to be sympathetic after he played the "You don’t know who you’re dealing with" card. The staff probably should have been a bit nicer, but PG seems like a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    I'm sure Phil Collins is behind all this.
    What was the Genesis of your interpretation?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    There is no need to wait for a supervisor. When I had trouble I simply walked to the guest services counter and explained the situation. The security person in question was following me everywhere, so he followed me there. He got his comeuppance there. End of that hassle. I would say that is good advice for going to games at the dome, but there is only one more of those for all time, and I for one, will never be inside there again.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Well, it's been well documented that Mr. Woods has been in the company of many beautiful women.
    That he paid dearly for ...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    "you don't know who you're dealing with." Seriously, dude? NO ONE, even diehard Argo fans, would know who you are. Saying you had a cup of coffee with the Argos 40 years ago is an insult to coffee cups.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Yah the you don't know who you're dealing with is a pile of crap but the whole issue was blown way out. I'm sure this was a race issue.They figured that a white guy in a black mask was wrong. The fact that it was a Tiger Woods mask made it not only wrong but stupid judgement.Who cares if a rich golfer can pay for and sleep with beautiful whores. They are still what they are. Woods is a TOOL! It is however a Halloween Mask!! Cut the guy with bad judgement some slack. He wasn't dressed in black face paint mocking anyone.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Yah the you don't know who you're dealing with is a pile of crap but the whole issue was blown way out. I'm sure this was a race issue.They figured that a white guy in a black mask was wrong. The fact that it was a Tiger Woods mask made it not only wrong but stupid judgement.Who cares if a rich golfer can pay for and sleep with beautiful whores. They are still what they are. Woods is a TOOL! It is however a Halloween Mask!! Cut the guy with bad judgement some slack. He wasn't dressed in black face paint mocking anyone.

"beautiful whores" hahahahahahaha, awesome

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    "you don't know who you're dealing with." Seriously, dude? NO ONE, even diehard Argo fans, would know who you are. Saying you had a cup of coffee with the Argos 40 years ago is an insult to coffee cups.
    Maybe he was thinking he would get away with...

"English singer-songwriter, musician and humanitarian activist who rose to fame as the original lead singer and flautist of the progressive rock band Genesis"
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    You don't know who you are dealing with dammit, I'm Tony Gabriel's brother!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    You don't know who you are dealing with dammit, I'm Tony Gabriel's brother!!
    That would have been the card to play although the Rogers person may not have known who Tony Gabriel is either.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    I think he should come back with a few friends and they all should wear the masks along with home made Rogers Sucks shirts!!! It is not right. They could have handled it differently but the security guard probably did not work on de-escalating the issue and went for the jugular.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I ask again: did some try to get the "Rogers sucks" chant going last game like i heard would be tried; and if not - why not (very disappointing); and if it was tried, did the Rogers Gestapo try to do anything about it?

One last home game, and I would love to see some Argo fans make an effort to mock, humiliate, insult or otherwise p.o. those scumbag, wannabe, corporate sleazeball Rogers @$$-hats. It would be fitting for what the Argos were put thru by those clowns this year and they deserve it anyways for being a scum company - a nice Argo middle finger salute send-off to that hole. Chant, hold up signs, cause disturbances that send their little pin-head Gestapo twits into a frenzy, etc. etc. Please ;o)

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I ask again: did some try to get the "Rogers sucks" chant going last game like i heard would be tried; and if not - why not (very disappointing); and if it was tried, did the Rogers Gestapo try to do anything about it?

One last home game, and I would love to see some Argo fans make an effort to mock, humiliate, insult or otherwise p.o. those scumbag, wannabe, corporate sleazeball Rogers @$$-hats. It would be fitting for what the Argos were put thru by those clowns this year and they deserve it anyways for being a scum company - a nice Argo middle finger salute send-off to that hole. Chant, hold up signs, cause disturbances that send their little pin-head Gestapo twits into a frenzy, etc. etc. Please ;o)
    I have a 3XL jersey from the 90's that I have no use for which should be large enough to fit on the Ted Roger's statue if anyone wants it.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Im saving a big Rogers sucks for the end of the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    A couple of friends went to a blue jay game with blue jays masks and were asked not to wear them .... also checked during the game so that they weren't wearing them ..... sounds like kindergarten police .... is it really that bad in other MLB stadiums? .... sad

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    Im saving a big Rogers sucks for the end of the game.
    Why save it for the end of the game it should be before the game,anytime the Argos are on defense,at halftime,when they score etc.. It should go on all game basically! Signs would be very much appreciated anything to cause a disruption so we get people's attention to this matter.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Maybe he was thinking he would get away with...

"English singer-songwriter, musician and humanitarian activist who rose to fame as the original lead singer and flautist of the progressive rock band Genesis"
    The irony is that Peter Gabriel, the singer, was known for wearing masks in many of his stage shows with Genesis. Had this Peter Gabriel came dressed as a flower or an old man, it may not have been as much an incident. Although the old man mask was a full face mask...geez, no wonder he's never played Skydome, always the Amphitheatre or an arena.

Thank God fans won't have to deal with the Gestapo and KGB security at Rogers Centre after next week. They can finally have what they've always wanted...they can finally sing, "I'm only wanting freedom. I'm only wanting freedom." That's freedom to cheer and freedom from Rogers, only old Genesis fans could fully appreciate the context of that last sentence.