Thread: Playoff Picture

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    No team in CFL history may have scrapped as much as the 1994 B.C. Lions and they, after a third place finish in the West, went on to win the Grey Cup. That team was a model of dysfunction.
    And apparently there was a lot of dysfunction in the locker room that year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Honestly AT, you really need to show more respect for Ray if you want anyone to take you seriously on here. I get what you are saying, just seems very disrespectful to him the way you are saying it.

No disrespect intended, but he looked horrible to me last week.
    Almost sad to compare with the QB he once was even during our last GC win.
    Just heard how the team has nominated Harris as the MOP for the East, so doesn't that tell us something.
    He must start to give us frankly a chance as he is more of a dual threat to include his wheels unlike RR.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    No disrespect intended, but he looked horrible to me last week.
    Almost sad to compare with the QB he once was even during our last GC win.
    Just heard how the team has nominated Harris as the MOP for the East, so doesn't that tell us something.
    He must start to give us frankly a chance as he is more of a dual threat to include his wheels unlike RR.
    But you always seem to out of your way to trash Ray. You pined for Collaros for almost a year and now Harris can do no wrong in your eyes.

Ray didn't "play horrible" last week considering the circumstances. Harris looked just as bad the previous week against Montreal with that pitiful O-line but I'm sure you gave him a pass. Ray is just coming off shoulder surgery so this is like preseason for him, having to develop chemistry with new receivers and get into actual game action. What was horrible last week was the O-line, kicking, and discipline. Last time I checked, Ray doesn't kick, block, or play defence.

That being said, as I mentioned in another thread, I do believe that both Ray and Harris should receive a half in Winnipeg, which gives Milo the perfect chance to compare them in relatively identical circumstances. The guy that plays better gets the starting role in the playoffs. However, the said starter should be on a very short leash should things go south in a hurry, and the backup should be ready to step in off the bench, be it Harris or Ray.

No doubt that Harris has had an outstanding year given the circumstances, and I do think that the Argos should keep him moving forward if forced to choose between him and Ray due to younger age and fewer injury issues.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by MEEZY View Post
    But you always seem to out of your way to trash Ray. You pined for Collaros for almost a year and now Harris can do no wrong in your eyes.

Ray didn't "play horrible" last week considering the circumstances. Harris looked just as bad the previous week against Montreal with that pitiful O-line but I'm sure you gave him a pass. Ray is just coming off shoulder surgery so this is like preseason for him, having to develop chemistry with new receivers and get into actual game action. What was horrible last week was the O-line, kicking, and discipline. Last time I checked, Ray doesn't kick, block, or play defence.

That being said, as I mentioned in another thread, I do believe that both Ray and Harris should receive a half in Winnipeg, which gives Milo the perfect chance to compare them in relatively identical circumstances. The guy that plays better gets the starting role in the playoffs. However, the said starter should be on a very short leash should things go south in a hurry, and the backup should be ready to step in off the bench, be it Harris or Ray.

No doubt that Harris has had an outstanding year given the circumstances, and I do think that the Argos should keep him moving forward if forced to choose between him and Ray due to younger age and fewer injury issues.

I am not trashing Ray, I am calling it the way I see it.
    Ray did not have it last week, he threw for something like 47 yards in the second half.
    Was involved in a number of sacks and his throws were poor at best.
    You will recall the week before Harris was pulled in the second half for Ricky.
    So I say why wasn't the same short leash on Ricky?
    Ok I am willing to have each play a half of the game tomorrow with the decision for the playoff riding on the outcome.
    As for next year that to me is no longer in dispute.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Level
    You will recall the week before Harris was pulled in the second half for Ricky.
    So I say why wasn't the same short leash on Ricky?
    For starters, the Argos were ahead at half time, and never out of the game. If you really want to compare his first half against B.C. to Harris' against Montreal, it's not even close. Ray was much better.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    No team in CFL history may have scrapped as much as the 1994 B.C. Lions and they, after a third place finish in the West, went on to win the Grey Cup. That team was a model of dysfunction.
    They had a lot more established talent to fall back on than we have and had a +148 point differential, 2nd best in the league. I know it was a 12-team league that year, but that Lions team was probably the best 3rd-place team in league history.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I am not trashing Ray, I am calling it the way I see it.
    Calling him a "pylon" is trashing him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Rays arm strength was not there to make all of the throws. He managed the game well and produced even though the BC defence by the second half could just pin their ears back with the lead. Ray needs to be able to make the throws or one of the Argo receivers need to channel Andre Durie and become a YAC machine. Otherwise Harris should start the playoffs. I hope they try going deep against Bombers a lot. If successful the opposing defense next week will have to game plan beyond dink and dunk 3 yd passes.

Ricky Ray is not a pylon. Any pocket passer that can win 3 Grey Cups in the CFL is something special.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Level
    It's so hard to judge Ray's arm right now. I was quick to think the worst last week, but in reality, he didn't have any opportunity to step into his throws, which is definitely the key to throwing down field. I hope the O-line has a better night, so we can accurately see where he is at.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    It's so hard to judge Ray's arm right now. I was quick to think the worst last week, but in reality, he didn't have any opportunity to step into his throws, which is definitely the key to throwing down field. I hope the O-line has a better night, so we can accurately see where he is at.
    There should be no excuses tonight as Winnipeg playing alot of futures should not be putting up the kind of opposition the Argos have faced in the last three weeks. The O-Line should be able to step up and protect tonight. The last three weeks have seen Toronto play Calgary, desperate Montreal team and desperate BC team. I expect nothing less than an Argo blowout tonight. Kackert should see the ball alot tonight too. If he shows explosiveness I would love to see a Whitaker/Kackert backfield to combat cold windy November outdoor games in Ottawa and Hamilton.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Well said, AV! I think far too many assumptions are being made about Ray based on that one game last week. Ray has never been one to force the football downfield if there isn't anything there either.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

That's what I am talking about. Share our game with the world. I think the league should partner with IMAX a Canadian company and film and live broadcast in IMAX theatres worldwide the Grey Cup game.
    GO ARGOS!!!