Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    I for one think Ricky was impressive in the first quarter and sure looked like he had no problem throwing the long pass, which was surprising during the first possession.
    Amazing for a pylon.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Kackert should dress & play IMO - IF this offensive brain trust had any faith in a run game whatsoever - a duo of Whitaker & Kackert = 2 different style backs, with each getting some work, could be very effective, again IF they are prepared to run the ball plenty,which I seriuously doubt; Steele is a tough little back who runs hard, but not even close to Kackert ability in terms of breaking big gainers on the ground; and Steele's good ST ability could easily take a 2nd seat to having a better offensive weapon ; lots of other guys can play hard on STs.
    You can have faith in a ground game without playing two tailbacks. I don't know how much we will run the ball next week (probably not a ton) but I am very confident we won't take out an INT receiver to put two INT RBs in the game at the same time. I believe Milanovich has never done that, as a head coach or an OC in Mtl, so it's not gonna start now. As for Steele, IMO it's not just about playing hard on STs, it's about playing effectively. He has a unique skill set among the backups and special teamers and I'm not inclined to think he can be easily replaced with a snap of the fingers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I hope we start whoever gives us the best chance to win. I'm betting the coaches believe that is Whitaker, given that he played something like 10 games in a row as the only tailback on offence. Love Kack, but the playoffs are no time to get sentimental over past glories.
    I would dress both Whitaker and Kackert and have them both pound the ball and establish a running game. They've both played better than Steele IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    The running game as we know is crucial outside in the elements in November.
    Especially if that wind tunnel in Hamilton is churning.
    We have to find the way under the ratio for Kackert and Whitaker to be in the backfield.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Ottawa just kicked the crap out of the Cats defense using the air.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    You can have faith in a ground game without playing two tailbacks. I don't know how much we will run the ball next week (probably not a ton) but I am very confident we won't take out an INT receiver to put two INT RBs in the game at the same time. I believe Milanovich has never done that, as a head coach or an OC in Mtl, so it's not gonna start now. As for Steele, IMO it's not just about playing hard on STs, it's about playing effectively. He has a unique skill set among the backups and special teamers and I'm not inclined to think he can be easily replaced with a snap of the fingers.
    You can dress both Whitaker & Steele, but not both Whitaker & Kackert ??? - and they don't have to be in the game at the same time, though they could be in some formations if the offensive thinkers had some notions of variety and different looks. Kackert has the power and break-away ability that Whitaker does not have; if the offence however has no faith in the ground game breaking 10 or 15 or 20 yard plus gains to help move the ball and prefer lots of check-downs or dink & dunk passes for 5 to 8 yard gains instead, then yeah, don't bother with Kackert. Faith in the ground game equals more than 6 or 7 carries in a game on the same old standard CFL run play IMO.

Not sure I see Steele's "unique skill set" either? - he's a decent RB but nothing special there, and he isn't exactly a league leader in ST tackles type; if he was an awesome special team gunner (which he isn't IMO) you could count on to really control Banks or Sinkfield on returns, then dress him as DI and let him play STs, and replace the extra import DB who does little, or take out Martin Wright (who is another nothing special at all position player) and give Walker the shot as the back-up/sub DE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Ottawa just kicked the crap out of the Cats defense using the air.

Ottawa kicked the crap out of a lot of CFL defences using the air this season - Burris set the single season completion number record and they had 4 receivers over a thousand yards.

However - the Argos" D seemed to have Burris's number somewhat this year, but I wouldn't count on that to continue in a big play-off game, and the Argos D-backfield is ultra inexperienced, The way to win if they get to face them in the final is to control the ball lots and keep Blank off the field.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    TSN posted the stats from the games this season between the Argos and Ticats and the one that was especially lopsided was turnovers. The Argos turned the ball over 11 times while only forcing 3. The key to beating Hamilton next week will be not to beat themselves with turnovers and penalties. Ray does tend to protect the ball better than Harris at this point.

If anyone saw the Hamilton/Ottawa game today, the Ticats defence forcing turnovers and their special teams making big plays were the only reasons they were in that game. Austin gave up on Jacory Harris pretty early and while Jeremiah Masoli played okay at QB, he had a couple of untimely fumbles which really killed his team. That has been the story of Masoli's career so far - he can move the ball but has a real penchant for turnovers. Again, if the Argos can play a clean game next week they should win but playing a clean game is easier said than done, especially against that tough Ticats defence.
    Last edited by ArgoRavi; 11-08-2015 at 12:24 AM.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    It is definitely the right choice to start Ray. Harris wouldn't be the first QB to hit a wall late in his first season of starting. I think after all the playing time he had this year, sitting on the sidelines a bit now can actually benefit him down the road.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    It is definitely the right choice to start Ray. Harris wouldn't be the first QB to hit a wall late in his first season of starting. I think after all the playing time he had this year, sitting on the sidelines a bit now can actually benefit him down the road.
    Maybe it will also cool out his out to lunch agent when it comes to him asking for a ridiculous salary. Harris is not all that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Not sure I see Steele's "unique skill set" either? - he's a decent RB but nothing special there, and he isn't exactly a league leader in ST tackles type; if he was an awesome special team gunner (which he isn't IMO) you could count on to really control Banks or Sinkfield on returns, then dress him as DI and let him play STs, and replace the extra import DB who does little, or take out Martin Wright (who is another nothing special at all position player) and give Walker the shot as the back-up/sub DE.
    We're not gonna dress only four INT DBs, or only two INT D-linemen. We rotate constantly on the d-line and we need a backup DB besides Matt Black, who can play CB and S but definitely would be overmatched at HB. Walker is a nice prospect but has barely played d-line all season. So those ideas don't fly.

Steele brings more on ST than Kackert does, that's why I expect him to dress along with Whitaker. Steele has been strong on ST since he got back in the lineup, and our kick coverage has gotten a lot better. Not all because of him, obviously, but the coaches aren't gonna mess with what's working just to put in a guy who can spell Whitaker on offence.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Agree with you long term being next year.
    I for one think Ricky was impressive in the first quarter and sure looked like he had no problem throwing the long pass, which was surprising during the first possession.
    Having said that, Harris did well during his time.
    My choice bottom line based on his overall versatility would be Harris.
    For sure Kackert has to start as he was explosive all night long.
    Versatility ?
    Aside from Harris being a bit more athletic than Ray is and being younger, I don't see how Harris is versatile, he's a pocket passer just like Ray. However, Trevor can't read a defence like Ray and Harris sucks at running play action and I mean sucks at it. "The Pylon" as you call him is actually pretty good at it and had defences and camera people fooled 2 games in a row.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Versatility ?
    Aside from Harris being a bit more athletic than Ray is and being younger, I don't see how Harris is versatile, he's a pocket passer just like Ray. However, Trevor can't read a defence like Ray and Harris sucks at running play action and I mean sucks at it. "The Pylon" as you call him is actually pretty good at it and had defences and camera people fooled 2 games in a row.
    We will see.
    I do hope there is a short leash on Ricky same thing with Trevor had he started.
    Hopefully it will not be a repeat of the 2013 East Final when Ricky was horrid in the second half with Milanovich stubbornly sticking with him throughout.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Short leash ?
    Harris has been horrid for a few games now.
    Sometimes I think you only dislike Ray because he's old.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Short leash ?
    Harris has been horrid for a few games now.
    Sometimes I think you only dislike Ray because he's old.
    You are kidding right?
    When it's one game and your a done potential, every position subject to back up player availability has to be on a short leash.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    You are kidding right?
    When it's one game and your a done potential, every position subject to back up player availability has to be on a short leash.
    This is going nowhere. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    You are kidding right?
    Come on AT...enough with the cliches (short leash). If the game is close, and Ray is not turning the ball over, there is no way he comes out. I've come to like Harris a lot, but as I mentioned, he seems to have hit a wall (as many first year starters do). The pick he threw last game was brutal. You can't throw a deep ball to the wide side off of your back foot, which is what he did.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Come on AT...enough with the cliches (short leash). If the game is close, and Ray is not turning the ball over, there is no way he comes out. I've come to like Harris a lot, but as I mentioned, he seems to have hit a wall (as many first year starters do). The pick he threw last game was brutal. You can't throw a deep ball to the wide side off of your back foot, which is what he did.
    Angelo, in the most important game of the year at the most important position on the field, there is no question regardless of who is the pivot a short leash is needed.
    With RR the 13 East Final is an example, as Zach should have come in the second half.
    Meanwhile if Harris was starting, same would apply.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Angelo, in the most important game of the year at the most important position on the field, there is no question regardless of who is the pivot a short leash is needed.
    With RR the 13 East Final is an example, as Zach should have come in the second half.
    Meanwhile if Harris was starting, same would apply.
    Now I've heard everything. You are claiming that Ray should have been pulled in the 2nd half of a game in which he led the offence to 24 first half points. Sorry, but there is no other way to say it, that is a moronic opinion.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050...-prep-1.391920

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks for posting audio. Is this the first time they have talked Argos in the morning in months? Listening between the lines I get the sense that things will be different better next year but why the complete ignore job this year. It's just sad.
    GO ARGOS!!!