Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I wouldn't feel all pumped by this game. We haven't exactly played lights out and our D is so so at best. Hamilton's D carries that team and plays us really well. With makeshift qb's at the helm they played Ottawa tough and the trickery worked again. If we need to score 35 to 40 points to win it won't happen. I really hope we can win our first game at Tims but I won't hold my breath. Milanovich has to pull out some trick or unusual plays to help us on Sunday.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I wouldn't feel all pumped by this game. We haven't exactly played lights out and our D is so so at best. Hamilton's D carries that team and plays us really well. With makeshift qb's at the helm they played Ottawa tough and the trickery worked again. If we need to score 35 to 40 points to win it won't happen. I really hope we can win our first game at Tims but I won't hold my breath. Milanovich has to pull out some trick or unusual plays to help us on Sunday.
    Maybe they'll be working on those trick plays you speak of.

Argos closed Wednesday's practice to public and media. I was planning on going since I don't work that day. Oh well.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    It seemed to me, after watching the highlights, that the Tabbies did indeed play Ottawa tough, and "Mazola's" (second?) oily fumble - in the red zone, IIRC - effectively killed his team's chance to win momentum and, indeed, the game.

IF the Argonauts SHOW UP to COMPETE, it'll be a good game, and the second derivative of my opinion of Head Coach Milanovich will change sign.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    As long as Argos do not allow defensive or special teams scores there is no way the Hamilton offence can put up multiple touchdowns with the quarterbacks they have. It should be a close game and I should the Argos win the turnover battle they can win.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    As long as Argos do not allow defensive or special teams scores there is no way the Hamilton offence can put up multiple touchdowns with the quarterbacks they have. It should be a close game and I should the Argos win the turnover battle they can win.
    Scooter is right. Win the turnover battle and don't take stupid penalties. Force the Hamilton offence to march down the field for their points which will be a real challenge for them.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Meh, tricks are for kids. I think our defense has it's shit together a little better than Ottawa. I see us forcing whomever the tabbies have left as QB into making lots of errors. This won't be a cakewalk but I think we'll be well prepared for this game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Scooter is right. Win the turnover battle and don't take stupid penalties. Force the Hamilton offence to march down the field for their points which will be a real challenge for them.
    Of course, that didn't help in the B.C. game. Argos dominated the turnover battle in that game.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I really do hope for an Argo win so every Argo fan in attendance can watch Hamilton fans bail like rats off of a sinking ship. It's really a rare but great feeling for TO fans in Hamilton. I'll be at home but I've experienced the losing end while at Ivor Wynne too many times and the Cats fans yapping just doesn't stop. Hope Ray can be vintage Ray.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Of course, that didn't help in the B.C. game. Argos dominated the turnover battle in that game.
    You are right. But that is such an outlier. If you win the turnover battle like that you should win 99% of the time. 2 missed FGS by Toronto cost them. Rogers is long gone.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    You are right. But that is such an outlier. If you win the turnover battle like that you should win 99% of the time. 2 missed FGS by Toronto cost them. Rogers is long gone.
    Agreed. Just saying stranger things have happened, but I fully expect the Argos to win this game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    IF any of those Ticats QBs out duel or perform either of Ray or Harris there is something big-time wrong with that picture = no way the Ticats should win this game based on a better offence - they are not clearly better in any phase of offence (though receiving corps' might be fairly equal, maybe O-line too); scoring way more points with better offensive drives would mean, IMO, the Ticats have wayyyyy smarter offensive coaches - play-book & calling.

Ticats have IMO a very solid D, but the Argos can play solid there too but are vulnerable in the D-backfield (injury status with Gabriel & Smith, Hawkins ?) = Ticats have an advantage with a better D AND ... better return game if Banks is healthy; kicking game is the big question mark; IF Waters is back and good to go - Argos are as good or better, especially big advantage in punting: Medlock is a very accurate FG kicker but a lousy punter (Kenty going to stick with him as a punter in the play-offs?)

So ... Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgooos win easily ;o) - picked up my tickets today to cheer them on in the East final at Lansdowne on the 22nd !!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I am hoping QB Mitchell Gale doesn't come back to haunt us. He has the arm, and as played plenty against our defence. I expect Kent Austen will do whatever it takes to blow this open and try and take momentum early. Last 4 games against us (2014/15) he was very successful. Gable will see the ball plenty.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I am hoping QB Mitchell Gale doesn't come back to haunt us. He has the arm, and as played plenty against our defence. I expect Kent Austen will do whatever it takes to blow this open and try and take momentum early. Last 4 games against us (2014/15) he was very successful. Gable will see the ball plenty.

??? - if Kenty had any intention of playing Gale at QB he surely would have gone to him in the Ottawa game rather than going with Harris & Mazoli

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    ??? - if Kenty had any intention of playing Gale at QB he surely would have gone to him in the Ottawa game rather than going with Harris & Mazoli
    Agreed. I said at the time the Cats signed him, the only way Gale sees the field is if both Harris and Masoli get injured. For starters, there is no way he will get any serious practice reps.

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    But it may be painful to watch Gale get first downs on a sneak (if they even use him) while McPherson struggles to do so.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    But it may be painful to watch Gale get first downs on a sneak (if they even use him) while McPherson struggles to do so.
    That's got a lot more to do with lack of push from the line than it does the QB. McPherson was awesome at that when he played for the Als.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Furthermore, the Argos had two consecutive B.C. drives where they all but handed the Lions TDs because of stupid penalties. They can't do that against the Ticats either. The good news is that I believe the Argos only had two penalties called against them against Winnipeg so hopefully that is the start of a new trend.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    I think our defense has it's shit together a little better than Ottawa.
    ????
    Since that statement is unsupported by any statistic of defensive play this year, you'll have to explain how you come to that conclusion!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I love Greenwood, but I wouldn't start him over Miles at this point. Miles is playing great, and we have no idea if Greenwood can pick up where he left off after all that inactivity.