Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    See names of guys I also loved in Moore, Clash and Levingston. I remember giving Bashir's mom a blue Argo pompom as she stayed on our floor at Grey Cup.

Oh I forgot about Kelly Wiltshire who I used to call 'Stay Sharpe' Got to know him well. He's an OPP now. See everyday I come up with faves. Donald Smith. Too many and I won't do this topic again, it's too hard. haha
    I loved Kelly Wiltshire!!! Forgot to put him on my list. I always liked the two Smith's on the corners. I remember when Adrian was returning from an NFL tryout and he showed up in the stands at Ivor Wynne Stadium. He was interacting with many of the fans in the section I was in behind the Argo bench. He then dressed and played in the next game. So many great memories.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    And it is ironic how Gizmo burned us in the Grey Cup game. That 1987 Grey Cup was depressing but when you rematch the game now with out the emotion it was one heck of a game. I was young and 1982 is the first season I can remember following the team to any extent. 1983 was my first game ever being the Eastern Final which hooked my for life.
    The '83 East Final is, arguably, the most entertaining playoff game ever. The '87 Grey Cup, despite the result, was the most entertaining Grey Cup ever IMO. It beats the much-ballyhooed '89 game because we saw big plays from offence, defence and special teams in '87 whereas the '89 game was mostly about the offences.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The '83 East Final is, arguably, the most entertaining playoff game ever. The '87 Grey Cup, despite the result, was the most entertaining Grey Cup ever IMO. It beats the much-ballyhooed '89 game because we saw big plays from offence, defence and special teams in '87 whereas the '89 game was mostly about the offences.
    Both great games, but I think the '89 was a better game.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm with Ravi. 1987 best GC ever IMO. Something like six lead changes, huge plays from big stars (gizmo, tank Landry, Gill the Thrill). And the league desperately needed a great game. Mtl had folded and at least two other franchises (ott and sask) were teetering on the precipice.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I'm with Ravi. 1987 best GC ever IMO. Something like six lead changes, huge plays from big stars (gizmo, tank Landry, Gill the Thrill). And the league desperately needed a great game. Mtl had folded and at least two other franchises (ott and sask) were teetering on the precipice.
    Sure it was a great game, but I can't rank it as an all time great game because the Argonauts lost in a heartbreaking fashion, if that makes me sound like a homer then I guess I am.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm with Ravi & Paul, sort of - 87 maybe the greatest GC game ever - had so much in terms of big plays & diversity, BUT not sure I could pick just one game as THE #1; 88 & 89 were great games too = 3 classics in a row. 94 was a great game too; some of the close 60s & 70s GCs were outstanding displays of solid, tough, competitive football - when the game was different and more diverse (better IMO)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Sure it was a great game, but I can't rank it as an all time great game because the Argonauts lost in a heartbreaking fashion, if that makes me sound like a homer then I guess I am.
    I'm a huge Argo fan, obviously, but despite that and being at the game, I came away from 1987 exhilarated and not the least bit pissed about losing. In retrospect it bugs me that we couldn't get a stop or two on Damon Allen and Milson Jones in the fourth quarter, but it was a simply fantastic game (and we avenged it nine years later, fortunately).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Because it was sandwiched between the' 87 and '89 games, the '88 game will always be underrated. Unfortunately the team with a schmuck for a QB (Sean Salisbury) won the game. Difference in that one may have been that Bob Cameron punted into the wind better than Lui Passaglia.

Carl Brazley is my favourite Argo. As good a corner as we've ever had early in his career, and then successfully made the transition to half later on. He also had as much spirit and personality as any Argo with the possible exception of Pinball.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Grey Cup 87 has been deleted from my memory. I remember telling someone about that game while partying at Grey Cup one year and saying I hated Kauric and it turned out to be one of his relatives and then he called Kauric over. I was floored and Kauric actually turned out to be a pretty good guy. Man I'm feeling sick about not going to Grey Cup this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I'm a huge Argo fan, obviously, but despite that and being at the game, I came away from 1987 exhilarated and not the least bit pissed about losing. In retrospect it bugs me that we couldn't get a stop or two on Damon Allen and Milson Jones in the fourth quarter, but it was a simply fantastic game (and we avenged it nine years later, fortunately).
    It was a great game Paul, emotionally taxing but I admittedly take Argonaut losses pretty hard!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Because it was sandwiched between the' 87 and '89 games, the '88 game will always be underrated. Unfortunately the team with a schmuck for a QB (Sean Salisbury) won the game. Difference in that one may have been that Bob Cameron punted into the wind better than Lui Passaglia.

Carl Brazley is my favourite Argo. As good a corner as we've ever had early in his career, and then successfully made the transition to half later on. He also had as much spirit and personality as any Argo with the possible exception of Pinball.
    I had tickets for the '88 Grey Cup but did not go due to being depressed about the Argos not making it.... loses just kill me. I cannot handle them although I am better with a regular season lose than I use to be.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!