Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Bob McCown talks about his dislike for the Argos now

Took this from the CFL form, but I did hear McCown talk about this on Friday driving home. Always wonder why the guy went from great CFL supported to his now hate on the league. Comes down to a simple fact. His buddys who owned the Argos, he believes got screwed by the league and the Braily did not invite McCown to sit on the 100 Grey Cup committe. I'm just amazed a CFL caller got through to his show.

Fri 4 pm, Bob takes your calls. Second caller in

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/prime-time-sports/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballstothewall View Post
    Took this from the CFL form, but I did hear McCown talk about this on Friday driving home. Always wonder why the guy went from great CFL supported to his now hate on the league. Comes down to a simple fact. His buddys who owned the Argos, he believes got screwed by the league and the Braily did not invite McCown to sit on the 100 Grey Cup committe. I'm just amazed a CFL caller got through to his show.

Fri 4 pm, Bob takes your calls. Second caller in

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/prime-time-sports/
    Poor Bob, his ego never ceases to amaze me, why would he expect Braley to include him in the Grey Cup committee other than his overall greatness.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    It seems like Braley knew what kind of a fake fan and lurch Bob was. Bob showed his true colours. Now that Braley is gone and the new owners are big MLSE wigs, will his tone change? To hate the whole league, something he did have fun being a part of, because of one owner, is childish. His fake owner/buddies got screwed too? What a joke.

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I understand Bob was a long time supporter of the Argos. Probably frustrated with the ownership situation over the past decade. I think he's tempering his enthusiasm a bit and waiting to see how the BMO situation works out.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    This guy has always been about posing and nothing more. He hides behind his shades because deep down he has zero confidence.Never liked the guy in the least. Now he shows that he's a narrow minded dick.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Poor Bob, his ego never ceases to amaze me, why would he expect Braley to include him in the Grey Cup committee other than his overall greatness.
    I also love the way he said that his close buddies lost millions and then the league turned on them when they asked for "just a little bit of help". What a load of crap that is. He fails to understand that they only took over ownership after the league took the team away from the previous owner because he stopped paying the bills. Why would they treat C&S differently then they treated Sherwood? He lost respect for the league because it took away ownership from C&S for the same reason it did so from Sherwood. To me, that deserves more respect, because they weren't treated any more special than the previous owner. They stuck to their set of guidelines.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I also love the way he said that his close buddies lost millions and then the league turned on them when they asked for "just a little bit of help". What a load of crap that is. He fails to understand that they only took over ownership after the league took the team away from the previous owner because he stopped paying the bills. Why would they treat C&S differently then they treated Sherwood? He lost respect for the league because it took away ownership from C&S for the same reason it did so from Sherwood. To me, that deserves more respect, because they weren't treated any more special than the previous owner. They stuck to their set of guidelines.
    A case of McCown not letting the facts get in the way of a good story.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    So basically all the new Owners have to do is be nice to McCown and invite him to become a prominent member of the Grey Cup committee and he'll get back on board with the Argonauts and CFL ? Sounds easy enough.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    U
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Yeah, Bob forgets to mention that his buddys the Argos owners, walked away from building 3 different stadium deals, that would have helped the Argos secure their future, all because the Dome offered them a sweetheart lease for 5 years. c and S left a lot of scorched earth behind them. I did like them as owners though

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Bob's buddies couldn't close deals with Varsity, York, or BMO. Not sure how was that the league's fault. And if they were the rich developers they portrayed themselves as, why didn't they help the league?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    So basically all the new Owners have to do is be nice to McCown and invite him to become a prominent member of the Grey Cup committee and he'll get back on board with the Argonauts and CFL ? Sounds easy enough.
    Yes, kiss Bobby's ass and all will be well.
    It's all about his ego unfortunately.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I have problems with Bob's reasoning but, if we take his feelings at face value, it sounds like he has gone through the same thing with the Argos as I have with the Leafs. I used to be as big of a Leaf fan as I am an Argos fan until the strike or lockout (can't recall which it was) in 1994-95. I then realized that winter that I could live quite nicely without hockey and lost my passion for it. I have never regained it for the Leafs although I will watch a lot of the playoffs in the spring. As far as the Leafs go though, I couldn't care less how they do. When they were in the playoffs a couple of years ago, I really couldn't root for them as I no longer had that same passion. I can't see it coming back ever either. Hopefully things work out differently for Bob and his feelings about the Argos/CFL.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Not to be taken serious nothing more than a big time jerk.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I thought he answered the question quite well.

He felt his friends were treated poorly by the league.
    He supports his friends.
    He doesn't feel any passion for the league anymore.

Simple.
    Understandable.
    I have no problem with it.
    He is not obligated to market the Argonauts or the CFL.

I don't understand all the hatred for him in this regard.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post

He supports his friends.

Simple.
    Understandable.

His "friends", who were fake owners, bankrolled by someone else, were not treated poorly.
    He supports his friends, but not the team he claimed to love, which currently has nothing to do with his "friends".
    He is not obligated to market the CFL, true, but why does he have to go out of his way to ignore, or talk negative about the league? He admitted that it's all personal. It's not professional in the sports media business to act and pout like this.
    He's fake and a shame. Someone that many of us enjoyed listening and talking CFL with, now is one of the leagues, especially the Argos, most vocal opponent. It's very easy for Argonauts fans to dislike him. It feels like someone that turned his back on us, a group of fans that already have a tough time in this city.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    H

He supports his friends.

Because now he is just using his platform to spout negitve storys or just doom and gloom. Case in point, he closed his show FRI questioning if this will be one of the last grey cup due to the drop in TV numbers. if the Cup gets 1 point less then last year, Bob will talk about that all day next week. he even agreed with Cox's on Friday, who stated the league would have FOLDED this year without the TSN TV money. Ca you imagine what would happen to ANY league who lost their TV money. Here you have 8 teams out of 9 making money . TV ratings that although down, still kills the Raptors, MLS and 19 years out the 20, the Jays. The CFL has quietly changed its business operation to now, make money on 19,000 to 20,000 paid. Even the Lions will make a profit this year after their drop in attendance, so what League folds with90% of the teams in the black

Simple.
    Understandable.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I stopped listening to him back around the 100th Grey Cup game when he never even mentioned it the entire Grey Cup week. I lost all respect for him at that time as a sports personality. I remembered how much he gushed over the previous Argo win with Damon Allen and crew, even having several Argos in the studio for interviews. He used to have Sherwood Schwartz on his show all the time as well. I listened to that clip and it is the first time I've even heard his voice in years. Maybe the new ownership will become his buddies and he will once again talk Argos, but I don't really care what he does.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    His "friends", who were fake owners, bankrolled by someone else, were not treated poorly.
    He supports his friends, but not the team he claimed to love, which currently has nothing to do with his "friends".
    He is not obligated to market the CFL, true, but why does he have to go out of his way to ignore, or talk negative about the league? He admitted that it's all personal. It's not professional in the sports media business to act and pout like this.
    He's fake and a shame. Someone that many of us enjoyed listening and talking CFL with, now is one of the leagues, especially the Argos, most vocal opponent. It's very easy for Argonauts fans to dislike him. It feels like someone that turned his back on us, a group of fans that already have a tough time in this city.

What he said!!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    Bob Is full of shite. Always amazed how 60 plus types can carry around such bitterness and anger. he should be happy if he wakes up everyday generally pain free. He is clearly telling 1 side of the story. He even admits the leagues had him involved at one point so they had done for him probably a lot more than he ever did for the league.

This is the equivalent of 10 year old kids picking friends. You were nice to me, but my friend hates, so now I have to hate you.

C&S were enthusiastic but generally had caviar dreams and a pilsener budget. They were handed the keys to the club (a team they paid a pittance for) and said, ok we are trusting you with this, make it work - which they didn't. Were the cards stacked against them>> Of course, but that was their decision to get into the sports owning business.

C&S treated the Argos ownership like it was a toy for them, and didn't have a legit long term vision, the league saw this but Mclown cannot through those cheesy looking shades he wears.

ps- wishing Ottawa and the "Rough Riders" luck at the end. Respect....you get what you give.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level

He supports his friends.

Simple.
    Understandable.

It's not about marketing the team or league. It is about coverage and discussion as he has a sports radio show. Not talking Grey Cup when 5 - 6 million Canadians will be watching is an abdication of sports journalism. I just want him to do his job.
    GO ARGOS!!!