Quote Originally Posted by Johno27 View Post
Your point is fair enough as far as it goes, Paul. However, in an electronic/cybernetic age, it could also be argued that electronic media, even the "radio talk show", like print media, is a distinct platform capable of far-reaching influence that could be consumed/interpreted in a variety of ways. Moreover, I use the expression "eroded" to draw attention to a cumulative diminishing of substance all along the line, consistent with the artistic import of Paddy Chayevsky's film, "Network", in 1976.

That having been said, yes, all these products, sport and the talk of sport, exist to distract and entertain. I can't help but feel, however, that the Argonauts, their origin and history, their status in the community, extends beyond these trivial pursuits and is capable of journalism (electronic or otherwise) beyond beyond the "impressario" level commonly practiced by many in the business.

From a personal standpoint, I cite as an example, your masterly work on "Bouncing Back" which you thoughtfully, and no doubt strategically, showcased in both print and "talk show" format. Your project brought much, much more than mere entertainment value to me, my family and my friends. And I would suggest the impact of this project on you, to your credit as a bonafide journalist, extended well beyond the desire to merely entertain.

Cheers!
Well said