Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

2015-2016 Offseason Transactions

http://www.tsn.ca/argos-extend-foley...-2018-1.406595

Also Wednesday, the Argonauts signed Canadian defensive back Marcus Grandison. The Toronto native played for the University of Toronto last season. Contract terms weren't released.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level

Never heard of him - on any CFL draft prospect rankings; any resume on the guy to show what he did at U of T ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Never heard of him - on any CFL draft prospect rankings; any resume on the guy to show what he did at U of T ?
    Stats don't always tell a true story, but here they are.

In 6 games: 23 solo tackles, 5 assisted tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recover, 2 pass break-ups.

http://www.varsityblues.ca/roster.aspx?rp_id=8175
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    6'1 and 200-205 lbs, he's got the size and looks like he can play db, safety and olb.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jvP6AxgVCQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QizWSlMt2Y
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu2rQggVwHk

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    He seems to have OLBer speed at 4.6 something. Maybe could be depth at safety. Will have to make it on special teams and go from there I would think.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Bio says in year 2 of eligibility. Don't get why he is able to be signed as a FA without going thru the CFL draft?

CFL Prospects December list now out: and 2 UBC players who were prominent in their Vanier run are now added to the top 20 - dual kicker Van Glyswick and safety Loffler (formerly at Boise State) - both seem like excellent CFL prospects IMO; and neither is listed as a 4th year CIS player which I thought was the criterion for being CFL draft eligible, but I guess I don't fully understand the new CFL draft rules.

Also - saw 2 of the top 5 prospects - Michigan State corner Arjen Colquhon, and Iowa receiver Tevan Smith - play in a recent college ball play-off game; matched up against each other frequently too. Colquhon had an excellent game - fumble recovery, nice pass break-up in the end zone (against Smith) and in on some tackles too; Smith was not that prominent till he caught an 80 yard or so TD bomb late in the game. Argos might be able to draft one of those guys (I'd prefer Colquhon in a big area of need), but serious NFL interest might scare off some CFL teams.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I think some of these guys flunk out of school and go and play Junior Football. Or play Junior Ball first before getting their grades up to enroll in University. The CFL counts years in Junior Ball towards the 4 years eligibility. That is my understanding.

WR Llevi Noel played his 4th, this past year, with Windsor AKO Juniors after dropping out of U of Toronto. But he is going to be a good one IMO. Reminds me of former Ottawa Rough Rider star Bo Scott. Hope the Argos can get him.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Interested to see what Gallon brings to the table. The "big three" is bigger in terms of height with Spencer being the smaller receiver. It also depends on what happens with Durie and Owens.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I had forgotten that Whonder was hurt all year (and had been thinking of him as PR fodder). Perhaps in 2016 we'll see if he can at least contribute on teams.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Interested to see what Gallon brings to the table. The "big three" is bigger in terms of height with Spencer being the smaller receiver. It also depends on what happens with Durie and Owens.
    I fully expect Durie and Owens to be with the club next year. Can't help but wonder what is going on in the heads of "The Big Three"....I just don't trust any of them to be level headed and could see them try to depart the Argos one way or another.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I fully expect Durie and Owens to be with the club next year. Can't help but wonder what is going on in the heads of "The Big Three"....I just don't trust any of them to be level headed and could see them try to depart the Argos one way or another.
    IMO Durie and Owens' services are no longer required. Spencer, Gallon and Coombs fill the void nicely. I like these moves, I had forgotten about Whonder, but I think he has some potential and Bonner IMO would be an upgrade in our backfield.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I like Coombs, but I am not 100% sold on him to the point where I'd cut Durie loose. Gallon has also proved diddly squat.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I like Coombs, but I am not 100% sold on him to the point where I'd cut Durie loose. Gallon has also proved diddly squat.
    Me neither. IMO Coombs will never be able to replace Durie. Has good speed and some moves in the open field, but he can't run through anybody like Durie can. Hopefully Durie has another good injury free year left in him as he is a difference maker in a possible Grey Cup year. The same with Spencer and Owens. The big difference now if they have to go with Coombs and Spencer is the big three receivers that are available. Durie and Owens never had those other weapons to take the heat off them except maybe Childs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    While I'm a fan of Durie's, I don't think he's healthy enough anymore. Gallon has proven nothing, but both Gallon and Spencer have similar size and style of play to Owens. Durie IMO is much harder to replace than Owens is.
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Me neither. IMO Coombs will never be able to replace Durie. Has good speed and some moves in the open field, but he can't run through anybody like Durie can. Hopefully Durie has another good injury free year left in him as he is a difference maker in a possible Grey Cup year. The same with Spencer and Owens. The big difference now if they have to go with Coombs and Spencer is the big three receivers that are available. Durie and Owens never had those other weapons to take the heat off them except maybe Childs.
    Owens is not the player he once was and Spencer can perform all the jobs Owens used to. However in saying that, I have mentioned before that if Owens is willing to take a pay cut and actually earn his spot, I'd have no issue with him returning. Likewise with Durie I suppose.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    With the GC here and the fresh start I would love to see Durie and Owens back. That is a ton of experience and play making ability. If there are other big time receivers alongside them then they no longer need to be what they were and their big play abilities will be huge come playoff time. Owens still made plays in the semi final and his game winning catch against Ottawa is all world.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    With the GC here and the fresh start I would love to see Durie and Owens back. That is a ton of experience and play making ability. If there are other big time receivers alongside them then they no longer need to be what they were and their big play abilities will be huge come playoff time. Owens still made plays in the semi final and his game winning catch against Ottawa is all world.
    Agree regarding Owens, however counting on Durie providing production for the whole season would be a major stretch at this point in his career.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Agree regarding Owens, however counting on Durie providing production for the whole season would be a major stretch at this point in his career.
    Agreed. That knee injury will be a tough one to overcome, but if anybody can do it, based on the past it is Durie. Platooning him with Coombs and other receivers would make sense to keep him at his best. I would just love to see him go out on his terms, much like Kackert. They have done so much to overcome serious injuries.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Being a Wolverine fan I was pumped to see that we signed Jeremy Gallon. I'll be surprised if he doesn't impress. The guy is a terrific receiver and returner. Love Owens and hope he can still play but you have to look to the future. Plus Durie hopefully comes back healthy as he has all the heart in the world with the injuries he's been through. These are the real tough times for coaches and GM's when evaluating when they think a guy is done or should be replaced. I think Wally and Chris Jones are the harshest in cutting guys loose.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    I feel the same way. I just can't get over how people have turned on Owens the way the have. I honestly feel that Owens biggest issue was the fact that an inexperienced QB felt more comfortable throwing the bigger targets in the line up than him. I don't think that a lot of people also realize that Owens led the league in punt return average at 12.6. He is nowhere near washed up. He's also a great leader on the team.
    It's us vs the rest of the country