Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    So what is going on. My local Walmart had lots of Argo stuff and my local Canadian tire. The guy working in the sports section at Canadian Tire told me the Argo stuff is selling very well in Dec. he was surprised he told me, of course he was all,of 17. Got into a big debate with him regarding TV numbers for the Argos and CFL. Had to google it and show him. As he said, why does the league not promote its success, like TVnumbers more via the main stream media. Told him that is a on going debate. Anyways he said he is buying some Argo tickets for BMO to check it out. I hope the Argos pull off all the stops for the first season at BMO, as fans that have never given the Argos a thought, are going to be checking them out come 2016 and we want them back for 2017.
    Ps
    My conversation started with him over him thinking the Raptors get a TV rating over a million all the time. He was shocked to see the real Raptor numbers

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Will be very interested to see in 2016 with Bells ownership stake in the Argos if they give the team and league greater attention on all their platforms. Sure hope so.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Will be very interested to see in 2016 with Bells ownership stake in the Argos if they give the team and league greater attention on all their platforms. Sure hope so.
    Would be idiotic if they didn't.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballstothewall View Post
    So what is going on. My local Walmart had lots of Argo stuff and my local Canadian tire. The guy working in the sports section at Canadian Tire told me the Argo stuff is selling very well in Dec. he was surprised he told me, of course he was all,of 17. Got into a big debate with him regarding TV numbers for the Argos and CFL. Had to google it and show him. As he said, why does the league not promote its success, like TVnumbers more via the main stream media. Told him that is a on going debate. Anyways he said he is buying some Argo tickets for BMO to check it out. I hope the Argos pull off all the stops for the first season at BMO, as fans that have never given the Argos a thought, are going to be checking them out come 2016 and we want them back for 2017.
    Ps
    My conversation started with him over him thinking the Raptors get a TV rating over a million all the time. He was shocked to see the real Raptor numbers
    Merchandizing is one area I would expect the new ownership to concentrate on, get the logo and colours out in the public.
    As often touched on availability of Argo merchandise has been pitiful at best the last few years and unless at the stadium for games somewhat difficult to get.
    The old "chicken or egg" argument applies regarding this topic, is it lack of interest or lack of supply that has lead to where we currently sit (or both)??

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    The old "chicken or egg" argument applies regarding this topic, is it lack of interest or lack of supply that has lead to where we currently sit (or both)??
    Lack of retailers' belief in profitability, IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Lack of retailers' belief in profitability, IMO.
    A misguided belief perhaps; a lot of retail is run by clueless morons and wimpy little bean-counters. Some dork buyer telling a store to purchase all sorts of American college gear while totally ignoring CFL merchandise would be typical there. Wannabes at work.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    A misguided belief perhaps; a lot of retail is run by clueless morons and wimpy little bean-counters. Some dork buyer telling a store to purchase all sorts of American college gear while totally ignoring CFL merchandise would be typical there. Wannabes at work.
    Yeah, maybe. Or maybe chains (like National, as I have mentioned previously) have brought in a lot of CFL merch and ended up blowing it out at bargain-basement prices because of lack of demand. It doesn't fit the "wannabe" story line, unless we are talking wannabe-profitable.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Yeah, maybe. Or maybe chains (like National, as I have mentioned previously) have brought in a lot of CFL merch and ended up blowing it out at bargain-basement prices because of lack of demand. It doesn't fit the "wannabe" story line, unless we are talking wannabe-profitable.
    Hopefully with a clear aggressive marketing plan and increased profile Argonaut merchandise will become fashionable with no need to be included on the clearance shelves of your local retailer.

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    not going to lie, kinda like that its hard to find Argo stuff...... Rare = Valuable & Unique, IMO

I'll be wearin' my Argo gear proudly

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Noticed my local SDM was selling Argo's socks for $7.99 for 3. I bought a set, why not? I have shirts, gloves, jerseys, hats, a scarf, now socks. All I'm missing now is Argo underwear.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenners View Post
    not going to lie, kinda like that its hard to find Argo stuff...... Rare = Valuable & Unique, IMO

I'll be wearin' my Argo gear proudly
    I am always surprised how often you will see someone with an Argo item on especially when you consider how much harder it is to find things compared to the Leafs, Jays or Raptors.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Anyone ever check out a site called Sticker You. They have pretty good CFL stickers. My wife bought me a sheet of Argo ones and Stamps ones for herself. We've had a few Argo and Stamps ones on the car for a while now and they seem to be doing just fine. They have a good selection various ones from each team.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Seen at Petsmart yesterday:

IMG_2592.jpg

I, however, do not believe in dressing my dog up in clothing. Do you see the fur that they have? It's there for a reason!
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Seen at Petsmart yesterday:

Attachment 690

I, however, do not believe in dressing my dog up in clothing. Do you see the fur that they have? It's there for a reason!

I saw that on Sunday as I had my dog groomed there. Love it, but can't justify paying $35 for it. My dog has hair and not fur, so I have to put a sweater or coat on her in the winter.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Saw these at Walmart near Sherway Gardens last week-- both $30. Sweater was kinda nice, but I didn't end up getting it.Attachment 691

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:

Level
    Wish the Argos would have a store or part of store in Liberty village and down town location where we could pick up Argo stuff... would be nice if your going to a game to have a location where you could go to pick up Argo Stuff... I like the way the Tiger cats do it... they have a store down town so I have heard.... and they seem to have regular items on sale on game day.... the blue jays used to have a corner location at Sears.... I think that sort of approach is more realistic to me for the Argos to sell Merchandise.... but there should be a location or locations Argo fans could go to get Argo Merchandise.... even its just to avoid shipping charges... Go ARRGOS !!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgofanIan View Post
    Wish the Argos would have a store or part of store in Liberty village and down town location where we could pick up Argo stuff... would be nice if your going to a game to have a location where you could go to pick up Argo Stuff... I like the way the Tiger cats do it... they have a store down town so I have heard.... and they seem to have regular items on sale on game day.... the blue jays used to have a corner location at Sears.... I think that sort of approach is more realistic to me for the Argos to sell Merchandise.... but there should be a location or locations Argo fans could go to get Argo Merchandise.... even its just to avoid shipping charges... Go ARRGOS !!!
    The Argos used to have their own store on Front Street in the 90's (right next to East Side Mario's) called the End Zone, but it did not do well, and closed.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    The Argos used to have their own store on Front Street in the 90's (right next to East Side Mario's) called the End Zone, but it did not do well, and closed.
    Bought a few things from there, but most of it was overpriced unfortunately. I think I paid $75 for a windbreaker back in 1995.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    Bought a few things from there, but most of it was overpriced unfortunately. I think I paid $75 for a windbreaker back in 1995.
    An Argo windbreaker from the store at rogers centre cost around $100 last season. Sports merchandise in general is overpriced. I don't think that it was due to overpricing that the old Argo store didn't succeed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    An Argo windbreaker from the store at rogers centre cost around $100 last season. Sports merchandise in general is overpriced. I don't think that it was due to overpricing that the old Argo store didn't succeed.
    I'm not suggesting that alone was the reason or even any reason at all. I am just relaying the fact that it was overpriced. Yes most sports merchandise is overpriced. However $75 in 1995 could buy you a lot more in 1995 than $100 can in 2016, regardless of what the lying bank of canada inflation calculator tells you.