Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    Bought a few things from there, but most of it was overpriced unfortunately. I think I paid $75 for a windbreaker back in 1995.
    An Argo windbreaker from the store at rogers centre cost around $100 last season. Sports merchandise in general is overpriced. I don't think that it was due to overpricing that the old Argo store didn't succeed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    An Argo windbreaker from the store at rogers centre cost around $100 last season. Sports merchandise in general is overpriced. I don't think that it was due to overpricing that the old Argo store didn't succeed.
    I'm not suggesting that alone was the reason or even any reason at all. I am just relaying the fact that it was overpriced. Yes most sports merchandise is overpriced. However $75 in 1995 could buy you a lot more in 1995 than $100 can in 2016, regardless of what the lying bank of canada inflation calculator tells you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    I'm not suggesting that alone was the reason or even any reason at all. I am just relaying the fact that it was overpriced. Yes most sports merchandise is overpriced. However $75 in 1995 could buy you a lot more in 1995 than $100 can in 2016, regardless of what the lying bank of canada inflation calculator tells you.
    Agreed. That was some big coin to drop on a windreaker 20 years ago. To put it into perspective, gas was about 50 cents a litre then.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Agreed. That was some big coin to drop on a windreaker 20 years ago. To put it into perspective, gas was about 50 cents a litre then.
    The way our economy is going gas might be 50 cents a litre again in a couple of months. It probably already is in US dollars.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    The way our economy is going gas might be 50 cents a litre again in a couple of months. It probably already is in US dollars.
    Yeah, good point. In fact, based on the price of oil these days, it probably should be closer to that than the 90 cents or so it is now.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Yeah, good point. In fact, based on the price of oil these days, it probably should be closer to that than the 90 cents or so it is now.
    Here's an article discussing that very issue.

Meanwhile, gasoline prices have not fallen as dramatically as the price of crude, which is down roughly 75 per cent from its peak in June 2014.
    "When you hear about lower oil prices, it does not necessarily translate into lower gasoline prices," Sadorsky says. "The integrated oil companies have a tendency to keep the price at the pump higher in order to compensate for some of the lost profits they're incurring on the production side."
    On balance, that means many consumers are feeling pinched.
    The situation is even worse for low-income families or those living in poverty, many of whom don't see any savings at all from the reduction in the price of crude.
    Leilani Farha, executive director of Canada Without Poverty, says many lower-income families don't have cars, and often the cost of heat is included in their rent. That means they don't enjoy even a slight benefit from plummeting crude prices to help offset higher bills at the grocery store, she said.
    "Any time our economy falters, it's always the most vulnerable people who are affected most immediately," says Farha. "They don't have savings to rely on, and they rely on money coming in to pay for just basic survival."

http://www.vancouversun.com/business..._lsa=d9ac-dd4e

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Just a friendly reminder for all Argos fans that like to collect Argo memeborillia and all other CFL stuff that you can make your way to the CFL hall of fame tmrw in Hamilton for a sale. Apperantley they are selling a lot of stuff there that you can see on there web site. I guess they are just clearing up some stuff in order to make the move to thf next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    And the average house price was probably around $175,000 in the GTA. Don't even care to know what it is now, that's why I'm moving to Ottawa.