Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I picked up a nice powder blue Argos hoodie at River City Sports here in Winnipeg for $37.00. However, it is extremely disappointing that to find Argos gear that I need to travel to Edmonton or Winnipeg.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks for the detailed information -- I went and grabbed the last Argos hat you mentioned - I was happy as I was searching for a hat with the old logos for a while now (anyone know where I can get any more of the 60s or 70s/80s boat logo stuff? I used to get from Cupstuff but they are no longer in business). I grabbed the last Argos $5 hat and scarf combo as well - should be good when things get a bit colder down at BMO next fall....

Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by argofandave View Post
    Was at Dixie Outlet Mall before the game yesterday. A store called Man Cave has some CFL items. They have a Argo toque/scarf combo for only $5 but only 2 were left. They also have Argo long sleeve kids shirts for $10. Other CFL items they have include Saskatchewan boxer shorts for $3, BC, Calgary & Edmonton balaclavas for $5 and Montreal toque/scarf combo for $5. They only accept cash. Another store there is called Sports Centre. They still have some Argo 100th Grey Cup Champs t-shirts. They also have some CFL hats with older logos on them including 1 with the 1960's Argo boat logo. I bought a BC Lions hat with an old logo which had a price of $30 but I was only charged $25 for it and I wasn't charged tax since I paid with cash. There is also a Lids store in the mall that sells some Argo shirts and hats.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    Thanks for the detailed information -- I went and grabbed the last Argos hat you mentioned - I was happy as I was searching for a hat with the old logos for a while now (anyone know where I can get any more of the 60s or 70s/80s boat logo stuff? I used to get from Cupstuff but they are no longer in business). I grabbed the last Argos $5 hat and scarf combo as well - should be good when things get a bit colder down at BMO next fall....

Thanks again!!
    Glad you were able to get the last toque/scarf combo...they had 6 when I was there and I bought 4 of them to give to some friends...that Argo hat with the boat logo was behind several other CFL hats when I was there so I left the hat in front so it would be easy to find. That store is so packed with merchandise, it's hard to walk through it when other people are in there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post
    Anyone know if the walmarts have anything this year? Can't check myself as I nolonger live in Ontario or work at Walmart.
    I was in both Walmart stores in Burlington yesterday and they have a good supply of Argo gear there including short and long sleeve tees, hoodies, other types of shirts, boxer shorts, and pyjama pants. They have some items in both the clothing department and the sporting goods section. Didn't see any hats or toques or gloves. I also was in Old Navy at Burlington Mall and they have all their Argo merchandise on sale. They have 2 different hats that look very similar. One is $10 and the other is $11. Tank tops are $10 and tees are $13.50. They even have Argo eye blacks (package of 4) for $5. Sport Chek at Burlington Mall has Argo Junior Size footballs (although they look full size) for $15 down from $25.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofandave View Post
    I was in both Walmart stores in Burlington yesterday and they have a good supply of Argo gear there including short and long sleeve tees, hoodies, other types of shirts, boxer shorts, and pyjama pants. They have some items in both the clothing department and the sporting goods section. Didn't see any hats or toques or gloves. I also was in Old Navy at Burlington Mall and they have all their Argo merchandise on sale. They have 2 different hats that look very similar. One is $10 and the other is $11. Tank tops are $10 and tees are $13.50. They even have Argo eye blacks (package of 4) for $5. Sport Chek at Burlington Mall has Argo Junior Size footballs (although they look full size) for $15 down from $25.
    To read this and other forums, you would think the CFL and the Argos never get any merchandise into stores, and yet I keep reading here about people finding stuff in stores, even big chains like Wal Mart, SportChek and Old Navy.

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    To read this and other forums, you would think the CFL and the Argos never get any merchandise into stores, and yet I keep reading here about people finding stuff in stores, even big chains like Wal Mart, SportChek and Old Navy.
    I'm always on the look out, I'm downtown core/east and don't stumble on Argos gear often. I did see a pack of 3 Argo socks at shoppers drugmart...of all places.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I think the frustration stems from large Canadian sports retailers like Sport Chek and National Sports carrying little CFL merchandise and lots of NFL merchandise whereas large American retailers in Canada like Walmart and Old Navy carrying similar amounts of both. The only CFL merchandise that I saw at Sport Chek in Burlington were footballs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Please Paul. The only reason you read about it on here is that it is so scarce, that the diehards on here try to alert other diehards of any findings. That's not the case for any other team in this city. Even TFC stuff is fully stocked everywhere. Adding to the frustration is that the majority of anything you see in stores now is likely inventory from 2014 or earlier, and it wouldn't surprise me if these stores that do have some inventory acquired it in some sort of liquidation of assets.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Please Paul. The only reason you read about it on here is that it is so scarce, that the diehards on here try to alert other diehards of any findings. That's not the case for any other team in this city. Even TFC stuff is fully stocked everywhere. Adding to the frustration is that the majority of anything you see in stores now is likely inventory from 2014 or earlier, and it wouldn't surprise me if these stores that do have some inventory acquired it in some sort of liquidation of assets.
    Exactly Angelo, wife and I out looking for Christmas gifts for my son saw plenty of Ticat gear (Hamilton, Burlington,Oakville) area but almost no Argonaut merchandise.
    Most times even on the CFL Shop site the Argonaut selection is a mere pittance compared to the other teams which is frustrating.
    Willing to bet this is one area in which the new ownership group improves things for us Argo fans heading into 2016.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    We all might want to think twice about buying any current merchandise if there is a potential rebrand coming under new ownership.

BRING BACK THE BOAT!!!!

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    We all might want to think twice about buying any current merchandise if there is a potential rebrand coming under new ownership.

BRING BACK THE BOAT!!!!
    true...BUT holidays are coming....and I have a collection to build. LOL.

also, i figure the more we show we want, the more we hope will come.....with variety....may not make a whole lot of sense but this is how i ended up with 5 more boxing sweaters than I actually need lol.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I enjoy seeing some of the older Argo jerseys and hats that the old geezers (51+ years old) wear to the games, brings back a lot of good memories however being 50 years old I also like the new swag as well (except the shitty 3rd jersey crap).
    Really interested in seeing what the new regime comes up with I still believe there are a lot of Argo fans out there and they will surface when this franchise becomes relevant again.
    Anyone heard any updates regarding ticket deposit numbers??

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I enjoy seeing some of the older Argo jerseys and hats that the old geezers (51+ years old) wear to the games, brings back a lot of good memories however being 50 years old I also like the new swag as well (except the shitty 3rd jersey crap).
    Really interested in seeing what the new regime comes up with I still believe there are a lot of Argo fans out there and they will surface when this franchise becomes relevant again.
    Anyone heard any updates regarding ticket deposit numbers??
    I think there are a lot more Argo fans than people think out there. People just don't like admitting or coming out and saying it. I work in a very large company and everyone knows I am an Argo fan / CFL fan. People take shots at me from time to time and you end up finding out that there are other people that like or liked the Argos but don't want to talk about it because it is not cool. I hope BMO and the new ownership make it cool again like 1983 all over again, but this time for decades!
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    I think there are a lot more Argo fans than people think out there. People just don't like admitting or coming out and saying it. I work in a very large company and everyone knows I am an Argo fan / CFL fan. People take shots at me from time to time and you end up finding out that there are other people that like or liked the Argos but don't want to talk about it because it is not cool. I hope BMO and the new ownership make it cool again like 1983 all over again, but this time for decades!
    I work for a large company too, and get a lot of abuse in a joking way. But these people are also very happy for me when the Argos win. Do they prefer the Argos to the "major league" teams in the city? No. But they are not negative towards them either.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Speaking of old geezers, I am seriously considering wearing a different jersey to each home game in 2016. I have pretty well every version since mid-1970s. Haven't got the current version yet, hoping they change it (back to some version of the boat) and the old stock gets blown out at discount prices.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Speaking of old geezers, I am seriously considering wearing a different jersey to each home game in 2016. I have pretty well every version since mid-1970s. Haven't got the current version yet, hoping they change it (back to some version of the boat) and the old stock gets blown out at discount prices.
    That would be a great blast from the past Paul, I have a Willi Pless jersey from 1986 that now fits me like a tube top but I have home and away customized jerseys (current version) and despite warnings from my wife am planning to get the new 2016 jerseys as well (provided they don't screw it up).
    The league would be well served to lower the game jersey price point to encourage more people to wear them and get the CFL brand out there.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    No way I could fit into my old Paul Pearson or Harold Hallman jersey's. I gave my old Masca (make) Terry Martin Leafs jersey to my wife. Also my old Steve Smith #16 Michigan Wolverine jersey to her. Steve played a bit with Montreal way back when.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Do you have a jersey from the 1975-76 era, Paul?
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I have collected jerseys from over years, most of them are older than me so I find the old geezer comment a bit offensive lol.

I think I have multiple Holloways, Minter, Fenerty, #44 White (Boat logo), gameworn #31 Whitley (blue boat logo), replica Mud Bowl jersey for the reenactment in 2012 and a Rocket jersey. And that's just what I call "vintage". Always on the look out to add more. Correct if I am wrong but weren't jerseys originally for children? The older the jersey, the smaller the size?
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I have collected jerseys from over years, most of them are older than me so I find the old geezer comment a bit offensive lol.

I think I have multiple Holloways, Minter, Fenerty, #44 White (Boat logo), gameworn #31 Whitley (blue boat logo), replica Mud Bowl jersey for the reenactment in 2012 and a Rocket jersey. And that's just what I call "vintage". Always on the look out to add more. Correct if I am wrong but weren't jerseys originally for children? The older the jersey, the smaller the size?
    Where do you find these jerseys if you don't mind me asking?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022