Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    New Fan
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points

Level

2016 Toronto Argonauts Season Ticket Deposits and First Selection of Grey Cup Tickets

Hello fellow Argos Fans!!!

I wanted to reach out to all you fans with some exciting news about the Argos. Next year will see the Argos return to Exhibition Stadium, when they kick-off next season at the newly renovated BMO Field.

In addition to this, The Argos have been awarded the 104th Grey Cup Championship game and Festival to be played at BMO Field on November 27th, 2016.

AND ONLY 2016 Argos season-ticket holders are guaranteed the right to purchase tickets to the 104th Grey Cup.
    All it takes is a $50 deposit per seat, to reserve your spot in line to purchase tickets to the inaugural season of football at BMO Field and to guarantee yourself the right to purchase a ticket to the 104th Grey Cup. Let me know if there is any interest at all to return to our team to experience football the way it was meant to be enjoyed; watched live, played on grass and in the open air.
    Let me know when is best to reconnect with you to chat about options.

If anyone is interested or any questions, feel free to email me at tknight@argonauts.ca or call me at our Head Office at 212 King St W at (416) 341-2720

Regards,
    Tim Knight
    Account Executive at MLSE (Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment)

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thank you for posting this information!

It is refreshing to see the Argos be proactive in trying to buildup excitement and momentum for the upcoming move to BMO Field.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

New Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    We are hoping we sellout every game this season, as well as have a packed stadium full of Argo fans to watch them win the Grey Cup on home soil!

Lets get those deposits for season tickets in!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks for posting here Tim. I echo AF87, this is very refreshing to see a proactive approach like this.

Can't wait until June!!
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Tim, I haven't had seasons since about 2005 but promised I would be back once the team left Rogers Centre. I took some time rounding up troops but put down 13 deposits on Saturday through the ticketmaster account manager. I want to try and get seats in a particular section where I also sit for TFC. If you have any info on that process please let me know.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian45 View Post
    Tim, I haven't had seasons since about 2005 but promised I would be back once the team left Rogers Centre. I took some time rounding up troops but put down 13 deposits on Saturday through the ticketmaster account manager. I want to try and get seats in a particular section where I also sit for TFC. If you have any info otn that process please let me know.
    Or better yet please let all of us who placed deposits and/or already have seasons tickets know at the same time. It is incumbent upon the new org to be fair and transparent in this process. And to not do anything that treats, or is perceived as treating, diehard fans worse than newbies.

New Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Or better yet please let all of us who placed deposits and/or already have seasons tickets know at the same time. It is incumbent upon the new org to be fair and transparent in this process. And to not do anything that treats, or is perceived as treating, diehard fans worse than newbies.
    Hey Paul, the season ticket selection will be based on seniority, with the people who have held season tickets the longest getting first selection, and so on, and so fourth. A rep with the Argos will be contacting you when that is available, and if you haven't done it through a rep, email me at tknight@argonauts.ca and I will be sure to contact you when season tickets are available so we can get the ball rolling!
    Last edited by tknight; 12-15-2015 at 01:45 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tknight View Post
    Hey Paul, the season ticket selection will be based on sonority, with the people who have held season tickets the longest get first selection, and so on, and so fourth. A rep with the Argos will be contacting you when that is available, and if you haven't done it through a rep, email me at tknight@argonauts.ca and I will be sure to contact you when season tickets are available so we can get the ball rolling!
    Tnx for the reply (although you might want to upgrade your spellcheck program -- sonority?). In any case, while seniority does make sense, more info on exactly how the process will work would be both welcome and appropriately transparent. Will seniority go in tranches? How long will each group have to choose before the next group gets an opportunity? Will all STHs be notified of their estimated "place in line" and seniority date and given an opportunity to verify the info? (This one is especially important IMO because I'm not overly confident the org has had the manpower or willpower to maintain accurate records through all the ownership changes.) Will each STH be able to buy as many seats as desired? That may seem self-evidently yes, but if it is yes there is a chance that more recent buyers might be shut out of desired sections. These are just the first questions that popped into my head. I'm sure I could come up with more, as could others. You should give serious thought to creating an FAQ and making it dynamic and interactive with frequent updates. Thanks for listening.

New Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    Hi Paul,

Season ticket holders will be notified based on seniority, and will have a limited time frame to respond then we proceed down the list. There was big hiring so we indeed will have the manpower, as well as accurate records. Many things are still up in the air because of the new ownership, but in the new year we will be getting lots more information, so sit tight!

Go Argos go!
    Last edited by tknight; 12-15-2015 at 01:44 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Tnx for the reply (although you might want to upgrade your spellcheck program -- sonority?). .
    Paul, was that really necessary? This is a forum, not an official email. We should all just be happy that someone from the Argos cares enough to post any info on here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    have to agree with Angelo here. It's refreshing to see Tim working at it to generate sales and re-subscriptions for SSH. I'm so happy to see someone unabashedly behind the Argos - feels like a long time. Heck, Tim even reached out to me via facebook in addition to email. The guy is working and full credit to him for that. Good luck Tim in waking up the sleeping giant that are Argonauts supporters - all the best from me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Anyone speaking publicly on behalf of any organization should endeavour to ensure that communications meet basic standards of grammar and usage and spelling IMO. It is not difficult to do so and ensures that communications look polished and professional. It's just good business practice, and especially important IMO for any org that needs to win new business.

That said, I appreciate the fact that the team (for first time ever, as far as I can recall) is communicating directly and publicly with fans on this forum. I hope and expect the info flow to continue.

Hi Paul,

Season ticket holders will be notified based on seniority, and will have a limited time from to respond then we proceed down the list. There was big hiring so we indeed do have the manpower as well as accurate records. Many things are still up in the air because of the new ownership, but in the new year we will be getting lots more information, so sit tight!

Go Argos go!
    Thanks. For the record my reference to possibly incomplete records was not directed at the new owners but rather past regimes. It's been reported -- and I believe -- that past ownership groups threw much of the team's history in the garbage. I would not be at all surprised if there are STHs who have been buying longer than the records indicate.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Great to hear directly from the team and I look forward to the pricing, seating chart etc....in the new year.

Any idea of how many deposits have been received to date?
    Last edited by Mightygoose; 12-15-2015 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Spelling

New Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Great to hear directly from the team and I look forward to the pricing, seating chart etc....in the new year.

Any idea of how many deposits have been received to date?
    I don't have an exact number, but people are very excited about the move to BMO field this coming year! Get those season ticket deposits in so we can fill the Grey Cup with all Argos fans and see them take it home on home soil!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Tim thanks for the posting and update. It is great to see an interest in this forum from the new organization. Can't wait for the new season.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Keep up the good work Tim as a true argonaut supporter I appreciate your efforts! It won't be easy getting people back on board especially from the previous ownership group work but am sure if you guys work long and hard at it that you will achieve success.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Hey Paul, the season ticket selection will be based on seniority, with the people who have held season tickets the longest getting first selection, and so on, and so fourth. A rep with the Argos will be contacting you when that is available, and if you haven't done it through a rep, email me at tknight@argonauts.ca and I will be sure to contact you when season tickets are available so we can get the ball rolling!
    In regards to seniority I'm assuming that it has to be consecutive seasons as a season ticket holder?

For example if someone dropped their season tickets for the 2015 season but had season tickets for multiple years before that will they get priority over those who suffered through the 2015 season?

Anyone speaking publicly on behalf of any organization should endeavour to ensure that communications meet basic standards of grammar and usage and spelling IMO. It is not difficult to do so and ensures that communications look polished and professional. It's just good business practice, and especially important IMO for any org that needs to win new business.

That said, I appreciate the fact that the team (for first time ever, as far as I can recall) is communicating directly and publicly with fans on this forum. I hope and expect the info flow to continue.

Thanks. For the record my reference to possibly incomplete records was not directed at the new owners but rather past regimes. It's been reported -- and I believe -- that past ownership groups threw much of the team's history in the garbage. I would not be at all surprised if there are STHs who have been buying longer than the records indicate.
    Wouldn't Ticketmaster have that information since the Season Tickets seem to be managed through them?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    no doubt you had to have suffered through 2015 as an SSH. It's the only way that can be done, it's a cluster if not.
    "oh i had tickets until 2, 5, 10 years ago and had them for x years..."

it'll be seniority based on years holding tickets as of now. given the size of the 2015 SSH base even if i didn't have any seniority i wouldn't exactly be worried. There are probably only 2k people in front of you worst case - you'll live.

my 2 cents.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    no doubt you had to have suffered through 2015 as an SSH. It's the only way that can be done, it's a cluster if not.
    "oh i had tickets until 2, 5, 10 years ago and had them for x years..."

it'll be seniority based on years holding tickets as of now. given the size of the 2015 SSH base even if i didn't have any seniority i wouldn't exactly be worried. There are probably only 2k people in front of you worst case - you'll live.

my 2 cents.
    I feel the same way. Having said that, I think that if someone had ST's for 19 of the last 20 years, they shouldn't be behind a 5 year consecutive ST holder, and I'm not talking as someone that hasn't had consecutive ST's, because I've had ST's now for 20 consecutive and the majority of the last 35 years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    I had seasons for 5 years (2010-14), considering re-uping for 2016 provided I can find a job when i move back to Oshawa in the spring... looking for something comparable or cheaper to the 2014 bronze pricing from Rogers Centre.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227