Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Any updates on how season ticket deposits are going?
    other threads have noted ticket people saying at they are 10,000ish. That was before xmas and they haven't even taken over the team yet or started marketing

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    other threads have noted ticket people saying at they are 10,000ish. That was before xmas and they haven't even taken over the team yet or started marketing
    I know its a Grey Cup year and all, but that's sound great if true. Could we dare to hope for 20,000 ST's by the season opener?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I know its a Grey Cup year and all, but that's sound great if true. Could we dare to hope for 20,000 ST's by the season opener?
    I think that I read that was their goal but I don't think it's going to happen. We're starting from 3 - 5k.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I think that I read that was their goal but I don't think it's going to happen. We're starting from 3 - 5k.
    Yeah I have a hard time believing those rumors of Argos selling 10,000 deposits for season tickets to be true. With the amount of crap that the older management team did with running this team to the ground the last few years and with the new owners having done nothing with getting the word out that the Argos are going to bmo field with exception of running a web site to date I just can't believe that amount of people have put in a deposit. Having said that new CEO of the Argos Michael copeland has stated that his goal is to have 20,000 season tickets to start the season. Which I find very encouraging considering this guy has been in league office in Toronto for many years and knows this market well when it comes to the Argos in Toronto it's not some guy like Chris rudge or some outsider who is out to lunch when it comes to knowing how to market the Argos in Toronto is making these claims. So i would say I am optimistic with this situation.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Tomorrow will be the first business day of new ownership.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Yeah I have a hard time believing those rumors of Argos selling 10,000 deposits for season tickets to be true. With the amount of crap that the older management team did with running this team to the ground the last few years and with the new owners having done nothing with getting the word out that the Argos are going to bmo field with exception of running a web site to date I just can't believe that amount of people have put in a deposit. Having said that new CEO of the Argos Michael copeland has stated that his goal is to have 20,000 season tickets to start the season. Which I find very encouraging considering this guy has been in league office in Toronto for many years and knows this market well when it comes to the Argos in Toronto it's not some guy like Chris rudge or some outsider who is out to lunch when it comes to knowing how to market the Argos in Toronto is making these claims. So i would say I am optimistic with this situation.
    I've heard rumors that a lot of existing season ticket holders are buying more season tickets than they currently have. Personally I went from 2 to 4.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I called to put down my deposits and was told by the rep himself they are over 9100 and that was before Xmas

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballstothewall View Post
    I called to put down my deposits and was told by the rep himself they are over 9100 and that was before Xmas
    its-over-9000-thumb.jpg

New Fan
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballstothewall View Post
    Argos Fans!

Get your season deposits in sooner then later, tickets have been selling quick and this season is shaping up to be the best one yet!

If you want to hear about the incentives and promos going on, contact me at the Argonauts Head Office - tknight@argonauts.ca / (416) 341-2720

Tim Knight
    Account Executive at The Argonauts Football Club

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenners View Post
    I talked to an Argo rep today, yes they are sitting at approx 10,000 deposits, the front half of this list consists of fans with an active account, the back half of the list are brand new applicants with no account history.
    Expect pricing in January and you will be sent a seating plan and instructions regarding the selection process which will happen in February.
    So any Argonaut fan with a deposit and previous account history will have very good seats to choose from.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I talked to an Argo rep today, yes they are sitting at approx 10,000 deposits, the front half of this list consists of fans with an active account, the back half of the list are brand new applicants with no account history.
    Expect pricing in January and you will be sent a seating plan and instructions regarding the selection process which will happen in February.
    So any Argonaut fan with a deposit and previous account history will have very good seats to choose from.
    Hopefully. I'm a little concerned that a lot of existing season ticket holders are increasing the number of tickets that they have.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Hopefully. I'm a little concerned that a lot of existing season ticket holders are increasing the number of tickets that they have.
    Some may, some may pass altogether, pricing levels haven't been released which could scare some people off.
    Even if you are in the top 10k to pick in a 27,000 seat facility you will end up with good seats, one other thing to consider is we all have different thresholds regarding seat preference vs pricing, many may choose seating in a less premium location to fit their budget and price point.
    Bottom line is nothing to worry about regarding seat selection IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Some may, some may pass altogether, pricing levels haven't been released which could scare some people off.
    Even if you are in the top 10k to pick in a 27,000 seat facility you will end up with good seats, one other thing to consider is we all have different thresholds regarding seat preference vs pricing, many may choose seating in a less premium location to fit their budget and price point.
    Bottom line is nothing to worry about regarding seat selection IMO.
    Hopefully you are right, I don't think that anyone is going to pass all together though. Wouldn't they forfeit their deposit if they did?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Hopefully you are right, I don't think that anyone is going to pass all together though. Wouldn't they forfeit their deposit if they did?
    Yes, deposits are non-refundable.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I wouldn't read into to much of an Argo rep claiming to have approx. 10,000 deposits it's not the first time I have heard an Argo rep claiming something on this site and then later finding out it to not be true. When they had Michael copeland on the radio a couple of weeks back reporter asked him how many st have been sold he answered they have been going well but didn't want to give a number to it at this time. If that number is in fact true I would think they would try to be getting that word out to the public instead of just sitting back with the one web site they have running now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I wouldn't read into to much of an Argo rep claiming to have approx. 10,000 deposits it's not the first time I have heard an Argo rep claiming something on this site and then later finding out it to not be true. When they had Michael copeland on the radio a couple of weeks back reporter asked him how many st have been sold he answered they have been going well but didn't want to give a number to it at this time. If that number is in fact true I would think they would try to be getting that word out to the public instead of just sitting back with the one web site they have running now.
    Speculation on your part, whatever the number is (around 10k or so) the point is if you have put down a deposit and already had an account you will have the chance for good seats.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Speculation on your part, whatever the number is (around 10k or so) the point is if you have put down a deposit and already had an account you will have the chance for good seats.
    I don't believe the 10000 figure either, already a 300% increase. However, the 10001 seat is going to be just fine in a 27000 seat stadium. Like always, I have to see the price point and schedule before I commit. Currently, I am in no rush to go out and reserve a seat. I have a hard time believing that the majority of people do not feel the same way.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    It is in deed just speculation on my part but I do think I have a good idea to this teams fan base. if you look at my prior posts you would see that I pretty much gave accurate attendance figures to a lot of Argo home games even the games in Hamilton this year where I stated that they would get crowds in the 3,500 range and yet I was right on the ball with that figure.
    One good and positive thing us die hard Argo fans could take away from David Braley disatourous ownership of the Argos is that he gave such a bad image of the Argos that none of us Argo fans will not have to worry about getting bad seats for season tickets if you get it in the next couple of months. I am sure bell will start papering the number of season tickets later on as the season gets closer to sponsors,media,league officials etc..

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...AxYQMwglKAowCg

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Half way through January and still no word from the Argos. I was all gung ho at the start of the year, just waiting to hear about my seat selection process. Guess this is going to take more time than I figured. I am anxious to get this started.