Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Argo57 don't you think having orridge around for another couple of years would be a bigger embarrassment to the league and owners then doing the more logical thing to just get rid of him at this point. I don't think anyone can honestly think that orridge is going to solve any of the leagues problems in the future. Allowing this joker to stay just feels a little to much déjà vu with the circus that Braley left behind in Toronto and it just feels we are going to go down the same route again with this moron. The same people that are still backing orridge are the same people that think what David Braley is doing out in b.c is good for the league which just doesn't make any sense.
    I think they have to leave things alone and see how he fares in the 2016 season for a couple of reasons:
    1) They obviously saw some good qualities and a certain skill set to lead this league and take it to the next level, the old adage could alloy here "everyone deserves a second chance" we may be surprised.
    2) If the league pulls the plug too quickly on Orridge future candidates may be less inclined to leave current jobs to go to a league that will pull the plug at the slightest misstep.
    As I said before if Orridge blunders through the 2016 season then all bets are off IMO.

**Many people wanted rid of Chris Rudge, imagine if that had happened Rocket, the man did a masterful job with the 100th Grey Cup and guided the good ship Argonaut cleanly through some rough times and single handedly kept the franchise afloat**
    

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post

**Many people wanted rid of Chris Rudge, imagine if that had happened Rocket, the man did a masterful job with the 100th Grey Cup and guided the good ship Argonaut cleanly through some rough times and single handedly kept the franchise afloat**
    
    Good luck convincing Rocket of that.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I think they have to leave things alone and see how he fares in the 2016 season for a couple of reasons:
    1) They obviously saw some good qualities and a certain skill set to lead this league and take it to the next level, the old adage could alloy here "everyone deserves a second chance" we may be surprised.
    2) If the league pulls the plug too quickly on Orridge future candidates may be less inclined to leave current jobs to go to a league that will pull the plug at the slightest misstep.
    As I said before if Orridge blunders through the 2016 season then all bets are off IMO.


    I think a lot of people get hired for a position with companies or any line of work thinking that they have found the right person who has good qualities or certain skill set to be successful at there job. But at the end of there term or a few weeks/months they found out they had hired the wrong individual for the job. Just look at the last mayor of Toronto or I am sure you found people who you worked in your line of work that just couldn't get the job done.
    I see where you are saying that it doesn't look good on future Candidates but if you remember a few years back when Braley fired two commissioners in a matter less then a year. And it still got us the best cfl commissioner the league had ever seen in Mark Cohen so I really wouldn't think it wouldn't be to bad to fire orridge now. How will the league look after a few more seasons of orridge just collecting his cheques and doing nothing in return. How will cfl get and quality future candidate after a few years of orridge bringing the cfl down with him?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    This is no longer the Sydney Halter era (CFL commissioner from 1958 to 1966 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Halter) who almost no one heard from until he stopped the 1963 Grey Cup Fog Bowl, resulting in it taking two days to complete the game. Today's commissioner needs strong communication skills to help project the league's image in a very diverse sports and media market. Orridge (every time I type his name spell checker converts it to Porridge, which is what he reminds me of - the cold variety that tastes blah) has not shown much in the way of such skills.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    This is no longer the Sydney Halter era (CFL commissioner from 1958 to 1966 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Halter) who almost no one heard from until he stopped the 1963 Grey Cup Fog Bowl, resulting in it taking two days to complete the game. Today's commissioner needs strong communication skills to help project the league's image in a very diverse sports and media market. Orridge (every time I type his name spell checker converts it to Porridge, which is what he reminds me of - the cold variety that tastes blah) has not shown much in the way of such skills.

Agreed with you.
    So far he has been a major disappointment.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Agreed with you.
    So far he has been a major disappointment.
    I really wouldn't call him a MAJOR disappointment, but he has disappointed. Here's the thing with him, he's probably actually very intelligent, has a lot of great ideas, and has a lot of connections. He is probably definitely someone the league would love to have working for them. And he would probably make a great CEO at some company where the CEO doesn't really need a strong public leader. But here's the thing. He's a terrible public speaker, and he doesn't come off as a strong leader as a result. My problem with him is that when I watch him speak, he doesn't instil an ounce of confidence in me that he should be in the position he's in. A major sports league needs a strong leader as well as an intelligent one. I don't doubt his intelligence, but I strongly doubt his leadership. He needs to prove himself this year, or I think things might get real ugly for him.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    I really wouldn't call him a MAJOR disappointment, but he has disappointed. Here's the thing with him, he's probably actually very intelligent, has a lot of great ideas, and has a lot of connections. He is probably definitely someone the league would love to have working for them. And he would probably make a great CEO at some company where the CEO doesn't really need a strong public leader. But here's the thing. He's a terrible public speaker, and he doesn't come off as a strong leader as a result. My problem with him is that when I watch him speak, he doesn't instil an ounce of confidence in me that he should be in the position he's in. A major sports league needs a strong leader as well as an intelligent one. I don't doubt his intelligence, but I strongly doubt his leadership. He needs to prove himself this year, or I think things might get real ugly for him.
    Well if this guy is actually intelligent it would be nice if he actually picked up a book and read a little about the cfl and its history. Instead of sounding like a complete idiot when he does his media appereances.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Patience is a virtue. Now, I'm not saying that Orridge is guaranteed to end up being a good Commish for the CFL, but less than a full year is not enough time to figure that out.
    Last edited by R.J; 01-08-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I would consider myself an above average CFL fan, but as an Argo fan, many would see me as a CFL diehard. I have seen the commish on TV a few times and he has seemed fine. I don't spend a lot of time on him, as he really is just an avenue to the owners. If it wasn't for forums like this, I would never know of the "terrible" job he is doing. The casual fan, Grey Cup watcher, or member of the general public cares far less than me. No, he doesn't deserve the criticism.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I would consider myself an above average CFL fan, but as an Argo fan, many would see me as a CFL diehard. I have seen the commish on TV a few times and he has seemed fine. I don't spend a lot of time on him, as he really is just an avenue to the owners. If it wasn't for forums like this, I would never know of the "terrible" job he is doing. The casual fan, Grey Cup watcher, or member of the general public cares far less than me. No, he doesn't deserve the criticism.
    Well said ArgoZ. As I have said many times, too many people just prefer to complain for the sake of complaining. I don't know, maybe it makes them feel smarter in some crazy way about themselves.

Just like the constant criticism of Chris Rudge. He was brought in to make the 100th Grey Cup a success, and it was. After that, he could only play with the cards that the owner dealt him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Just like the constant criticism of Chris Rudge. He was brought in to make the 100th Grey Cup a success, and it was. After that, he could only play with the cards that the owner dealt him.
    Uh oh, now you've done it.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Well said ArgoZ. As I have said many times, too many people just prefer to complain for the sake of complaining. I don't know, maybe it makes them feel smarter in some crazy way about themselves.

Let it be on record here that Chris rudge had no part of any success for the 100th grey cup. That success was brought on by Mark Cohen and his staff for pushing and wanting a big party for the 100th and all the great cfl fans in this country. As well all the $10 million the cfl got from the government to host the event you could have had anybody have his name on the title as Chris rudge had for the event and it would have been a success. I would guarantee you could have had a clueless moron like Jeffery orridge for the 100th and it would have been the same story as when rudge was there.
    Worst ever CEO will always go to Chris rudge and the worst owner will always go to David Braley end of story!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    . . . end of story!
    Please be true to your word on this.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Let it be on record here that Chris rudge had no part of any success for the 100th grey cup. That success was brought on by Mark Cohen and his staff for pushing and wanting a big party for the 100th and all the great cfl fans in this country. As well all the $10 million the cfl got from the government to host the event you could have had anybody have his name on the title as Chris rudge had for the event and it would have been a success. I would guarantee you could have had a clueless moron like Jeffery orridge for the 100th and it would have been the same story as when rudge was there.
    Worst ever CEO will always go to Chris rudge and the worst owner will always go to David Braley end of story!
    Glad you got that out of your system..and even happier you've mastered the art of copy and paste. Not sure I've read you post that before.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Please be true to your word on this.
    Yeah I trying to stop with the rudge/Braley talk but everytime someone always opens up on how great of a job rudge did or how Braley cares so much for the cfl just sets me off I can't help myself but go off.
    And having some posters talk how orridge did a good job at the state of the league address or how he doesn't sound so bad justs gets me off even more. Cfl needs to get rid of having these useless guys who could care less about the cfl and only interest for these types of guys are how they are going to collect there pay cheque for doing nothing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Yeah I trying to stop with the rudge/Braley talk but everytime someone always opens up on how great of a job rudge did or how Braley cares so much for the cfl just sets me off I can't help myself but go off.
    And having some posters talk how orridge did a good job at the state of the league address or how he doesn't sound so bad justs gets me off even more. Cfl needs to get rid of having these useless guys who could care less about the cfl and only interest for these types of guys are how they are going to collect there pay cheque for doing nothing.
    "I can't help myself." So get help.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    "I can't help myself." So get help.
    Well help can come if we don't have such people keep backing the same crappy regime that's always bring the cfl down. If us great fans of this league got together and defied this commissioner and others who want to do same crap he is doing now we would have a much stronger and healthier league to be a fan of.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well help can come if we don't have such people keep backing the same crappy regime that's always bring the cfl down. If us great fans of this league got together and defied this commissioner and others who want to do same crap he is doing now we would have a much stronger and healthier league to be a fan of.
    Name a better applicant for commissioner that got passed over in favour of Orridge. I'm not by any means saying Orridge is the best, but who would have been better in your opinion? Was there a lineup of super better commissioners in waiting beating down the door for the job, that you are aware of that we don't know about? You keep saying Orridge, is the worst. Maybe they are, but can you provide us and the league a better alternative? We all would love something better, and we all can criticize something we don't like. But can you do anything else besides that? Obviously if you think something is wrong, you shouldn't keep your mouth shut, but after awhile, without providing a better alternative, your constant whines just become unwanted noise. So I will ask you again, which applicant for commissioner that was denied, should have been chosen as the commissioner over Orridge?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Name a better applicant for commissioner that got passed over in favour of Orridge. I'm not by any means saying Orridge is the best, but who would have been better in your opinion? Was there a lineup of super better commissioners in waiting beating down the door for the job, that you are aware of that we don't know about? You keep saying Orridge, is the worst. Maybe they are, but can you provide us and the league a better alternative? We all would love something better, and we all can criticize something we don't like. But can you do anything else besides that? Obviously if you think something is wrong, you shouldn't keep your mouth shut, but after awhile, without providing a better alternative, your constant whines just become unwanted noise. So I will ask you again, which applicant for commissioner that was denied, should have been chosen as the commissioner over Orridge?
    ABOBRAS

Anyone but Orridge, Braley, Rudge and Snowrogue.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Well just heard a couple of names that was up for discussion when they were making the decision how about Richard peddle? Not to big of a fan of this guy but he did manage to triple the profits of ml$e in his time there. Karen stintz? Big fan of the Argos always going to there games demonstrated good leadership skills as a councilor in Toronto. I am sure there were many more out there how about even reaching out to a guy like Doug ford? Wouldn't think that ford would put up with crap with guys like Braley/rudge and others were doing in there time with the cfl. There is so many others I would think if the cfl actually did there homework and research into getting a proper Candidate for this job. Mark Cohen left this job at a very high point in his career I wouldn't think it would be to hard to find a better canadiate then orridge.