Thread: 2016 Schedule

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

2016 Schedule

Going thru the MLS schedule to figure out what dates MLSE/TSN wanted held for Argos dates.
    FYI the following saturdays will be available - basically 2-3 saturdays a month

Bolded the most likely weeks (some weeks will likely have a thur/friday night game instead --- probably July 29 and Sept 16)

Grand opening of BMO field will be around June 25th ... with dry run preseason game around June 11

June 11
    June 25

July 16
    July 30

Aug 13
    Aug 20

Sept 3
    Sept 10
    Sept 17

Oct 8
    Oct 15
    Oct 30
    Nov 6
    Last edited by Qman; 01-07-2016 at 05:52 PM.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Let's hope the cfl comes out with this schedule soon no need to wait any longer to figure out when these games are going to be played and allow the teams to properly market there flex and season tickets packages. Not sure what the lousy commissioner is doing now if he is on vacation or just sitting around doing nothing for the off season. but let's hope he realizes how important it is to get the schedule out as soon as possible we have already seen this slacker delay the hosting of the grey cups let's hope he doesn't do the same for the rest of the cfl schedule

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks for doing this Qman -- very helpful for planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    June 11
    June 25

July 16
    July 30
    -- doubt we will play at home on this date because TFC is at home the next day
    Aug 13
    Aug 20

Sept 3 -- this is Labour Day weekend so we won't be at home this week unless there is no alternative schedule-wise
    Sept 10
    Sept 17

Oct 8 -- Oct. 2 also looks available; TFC plays at home on Oct. 1
    Oct 15
    Oct 30
    Nov 6
    I added some comments above. I really hope we open at home around June 25 as I have to be away in early July and I would hate to miss the opener. June 25 and July 16 would be perfect dates for me.

As I expected, we are likely going to have a back-loaded schedule, with potentially four home games in October and one in November. That problem should go away in 2017 when TFC won't need to play its first eight (!) games on the road.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I added some comments above. I really hope we open at home around June 25 as I have to be away in early July and I would hate to miss the opener. June 25 and July 16 would be perfect dates for me.

As I expected, we are likely going to have a back-loaded schedule, with potentially four home games in October and one in November. That problem should go away in 2017 when TFC won't need to play its first eight (!) games on the road.
    I almost guarantee you that we will likely be playing around July28th/29th. TFC has moved their home game for some reason to a sunday (every other home game on saturday), which means TSN probably wants a Argo game on Thurs or Fri (i guessing friday because the only teams draw well on the new thursday date in summer is WPG and MTL). I believe every other game has 7 day buffer (one team is away and other is home)

We could easily play 6 summer games/4 in fall or 5 summer/5 fall with this schedule (and you're right schedule will be even better after this season).
    Last edited by Qman; 01-07-2016 at 06:12 PM.

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Don't forget the possible TFC friendlies and amway cup games and such!

Qman there is no way the Argos would play on July 30th. TFC plays the very next day. Sept. 17t is the same. TFC plays on the 18th.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Let's hope the cfl comes out with this schedule soon no need to wait any longer to figure out when these games are going to be played and allow the teams to properly market there flex and season tickets packages. Not sure what the lousy commissioner is doing now if he is on vacation or just sitting around doing nothing for the off season. but let's hope he realizes how important it is to get the schedule out as soon as possible we have already seen this slacker delay the hosting of the grey cups let's hope he doesn't do the same for the rest of the cfl schedule
    Orridge just gave a speech to the business community in Ottawa the other day, Rocket, so you don't have to worry about him not being hard at work. I seem to recall reading that it was an entertaining speech that he gave at that.

As for the prospective Argos home schedule, it looks promising. We certainly don't have to worry about it in the same way that we used to at SkyDome.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    I almost guarantee you that we will likely be playing around July28th/29th. TFC has moved their home game for some reason to a sunday (every other home game on saturday), which means TSN probably wants a Argo game on Thurs or Fri (i guessing friday because the only teams draw well on the new thursday date in summer is WPG and MTL).
    I will be stunned if we play a home game one or two days before a TFC home game. Not politically palatable for TFC ownership, and I don't believe our owners or TSN will fan those flames. Not this year, at least.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I will be stunned if we play a home game one or two days before a TFC home game. Not politically palatable for TFC ownership, and I don't believe our owners or TSN will fan those flames. Not this year, at least.
    I agree with you, but wasn't it Larry T, or someone related to the Bell/Tananbaum or MLSE group, suggesting that they had the methods or technology available to ensure that the field could be ready for soccer shortly after a football game? I could be wrong, but if I'm not, maybe they are wanting and willing to test it out?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Orridge just gave a speech to the business community in Ottawa the other day, Rocket, so you don't have to worry about him not being hard at work. I seem to recall reading that it was an entertaining speech that he gave at that.

As for the prospective Argos home schedule, it looks promising. We certainly don't have to worry about it in the same way that we used to at SkyDome.
    Yeah not sure how the schedule will be this year as the tfc don't play at home for the first couple of months so a lot of home games will be played later on during the Argo season,as well they will not want to play games to close to each other. Still a lot of questions to be answered with all of this I am sure bell ml$e are still waiting to see how this all plays out.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    2016 TFC Regular Season Home Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by eiben35 View Post
    Don't forget the possible TFC friendlies and amway cup games and such!
    The majority of friendlies and the Canadian Championship games are played on Wednesdays. The Canadian Championship games will be held in June and July this year.

Let's hope the cfl comes out with this schedule soon no need to wait any longer to figure out when these games are going to be played and allow the teams to properly market there flex and season tickets packages.
    MLB usually has their schedule out for the next season before their current season ends. That means the CFL actually had more time before to sort out the schedule than they do now so I'm not sure why you think the schedule will be out that much sooner than usual. MLS schedule just came out yesterday and the season starts March 6, that's only 2 months in advance. The CFL schedule usually comes out in February slightly over 3 months in advance, I don't see the problem.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    MLB usually has their schedule out for the next season before their current season ends. That means the CFL actually had more time before to sort out the schedule than they do now so I'm not sure why you think the schedule will be out that much sooner than usual. MLS schedule just came out yesterday and the season starts March 6, that's only 2 months in advance. The CFL schedule usually comes out in February slightly over 3 months in advance, I don't see the problem.
    MLB wasn't the only thing that had to be scheduled around at the Rogers Centre.
    Last edited by Neely2005; 01-08-2016 at 11:55 AM.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    My father spoke to his ticket rep yesterday who said that the schedule might still be a little wonky this year because of the renovations forcing Toronto FC's home schedule to start a little bit late. He said that we might end up with a couple of games on unusual days, but that they'd be much more evenly distributed throughout the season.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    My father spoke to his ticket rep yesterday who said that the schedule might still be a little wonky this year because of the renovations forcing Toronto FC's home schedule to start a little bit late. He said that we might end up with a couple of games on unusual days, but that they'd be much more evenly distributed throughout the season.
    Hopefully we have fewer home games in October and November than the past few seasons.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I wonder, does wonky mean in this case some Tuesday Night games again. I can see why some people are holding off buying ST's with the possibility of these unusal days.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    He is working on the 2017 CFL Logo and a new marketing plan to attractive fans under the age of 6.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    He is working on the 2017 CFL Logo and a new marketing plan to attractive fans under the age of 6.
    Ha, ha ... they'll hand out crayons and a logo colouring book at the gates.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    Ha, ha ... they'll hand out crayons and a logo colouring book at the gates.
    gotta start 'em young. Get them hooked.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    2016 TFC Regular Season Home Schedule

The majority of friendlies and the Canadian Championship games are played on Wednesdays. The Canadian Championship games will be held in June and July this year.

Two things that I didn't like under Mark Cohen leadership was that he didn't do enough work with regards to the Argo situation and how he dealt with the schedule. I don't understand why you would want to delay getting the schedule out when the cfl teams are usually the main tenants to there stadiums. And if they have some kind of issues with the city/university etc. they should negotiate some deal so they get this done on time and give proper dates for these games to be played out.
    I will guarantee we won't see the schedule come out in the first couple of weeks in February under Jeffery orridge this clown will make up all kinds of stupid excuses to why he won't be able to get it done. I also wouldn't be surprised with orridge doing something stupid like forgetting to put the Argos/ti cats game on labour day or something around those lines.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Jeffery orridge this clown
    Pot meets kettle.