Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I didn't care for Kylo Ren or Finn. One threw hilarious temper tantrums and was one of the worst "bad guys" I've ever seen on film. The other was a lame, unfunny, predictable and a stereotypical 90's character.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Another thing I liked.

I liked how Kylo is obsessed with Darth Vader (his Grandpa) even to the point of wearing a mask. Considering the Kylo Character it makes sense why he says "Finish what you started." Seems to me he's looking to finish what Darth started and that's going to the dark side and getting rid of all the Jedi. When you look at it that way you see that Darth failed because he listened to the light. (to save Luke) Kylo seeing himself with the same weakness of being torn by the dark and lig (But in a more batshit crazy fashion)ht.
    I think he is aware that Vader turned to the light to save Luke. I wonder what plan (if any) there is for Ren in that regard. Is his relative (Rey) going to get to him?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I think he is aware that Vader turned to the light to save Luke. I wonder what plan (if any) there is for Ren in that regard. Is his relative (Rey) going to get to him?
    Jaina kills Jacen in the Legacy series, so I wonder if Disney will follow a similar plot line.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Jaina kills Jacen in the Legacy series, so I wonder if Disney will follow a similar plot line.
    I haven't read enough of the "Legends" expanded universe to comment. I've seen some speculation that Kylo Ren is (i) deep undercover (sounds a bit far-fetched) or (ii) that he will be redeemed. But, how do you redeem someone who killed one of the most beloved characters in cinematic history? As horrible as it sounds, at least Anakin only killed a bunch of faceless younglings.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I haven't read enough of the "Legends" expanded universe to comment. I've seen some speculation that Kylo Ren is (i) deep undercover (sounds a bit far-fetched) or (ii) that he will be redeemed. But, how do you redeem someone who killed one of the most beloved characters in cinematic history? As horrible as it sounds, at least Anakin only killed a bunch of faceless younglings.
    TBH, I'm hoping he isn't redeemed in similar fashion to Anakin, redemption in film is fine and all, but not of fan of when it happens more than once within a series. Rey killing Ren in an epic battle would be great.
    I've also read some theories about Rey and Ren switching sides, if the story and execution is flawless it could work I suppose, but I think it would have to be believable as to why they've switched. Then again, we are talking Star Wars, so I'm not sure how much "realism" plays into it lol.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    TBH, I'm hoping he isn't redeemed in similar fashion to Anakin, redemption in film is fine and all, but not of fan of when it happens more than once within a series. Rey killing Ren in an epic battle would be great.
    I've also read some theories about Rey and Ren switching sides, if the story and execution is flawless it could work I suppose, but I think it would have to be believable as to why they've switched. Then again, we are talking Star Wars, so I'm not sure how much "realism" plays into it lol.
    IMO the movie set it up that redemption is impossible. Or for Rey to switch.

Kylo obsessed with the going dark. He sees the "call of the light" as the evil. He spent the entire time looking inward and only thought of himself. Fought with his passion. Textbook "dark side" ideals.

Rey spent the entire time helping others. Right from saving BB8 to chasing Finn over a stolen coat. Kicked ass when she calmed herself and channeled the force. Textbook Jedi ideals.

Can't see either switching now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    IMO the movie set it up that redemption is impossible. Or for Rey to switch.

Kylo obsessed with the going dark. He sees the "call of the light" as the evil. He spent the entire time looking inward and only thought of himself. Fought with his passion. Textbook "dark side" ideals.

Rey spent the entire time helping others. Right from saving BB8 to chasing Finn over a stolen coat. Kicked ass when she calmed herself and channeled the force. Textbook Jedi ideals.

Can't see either switching now.
    Just a theory being discussed on the interwebs, personally I don't agree with it either.