Thread: New regime

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Well I find it strange that a fan base for a team that has dealt with crap over crap that they still sit back and do nothing even worse they stand by lousy owners who don't do nothing to improve the teams image. If this was any other sports team it would be a totally different situation it would have never gotten to the point of where the Argos were last year. Having said I do believe strongly that this situation will get turned around next year to what extent and for how long is still to be determined.
    This is a genuine question.

What have you done about it besides complain about it on this message board?

Multiple users (starting in June 2014) started to take notice with the shortcomings of David Braley's regime so it isn't as if you were the only one who has been doing that, but not everybody chooses to express their feelings to the degree that you do. It doesn't make them any worse of a fan than you are.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    field turf endzones have been done before. Edmonton had them for a few years and moncton games had them. You don't notice it. its way different than old astroturf.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    There is no excuse for that Qman. Rocket has already provided the solution to the BMO Field engineers, construction team, grounds keepers, etc. that they couldn't figure out. It's not rocket science:

It's Rocket science.
    Maybe it's just me, and argoholic could probably explain it better, but doesn't it make sense to have turf for the Argonauts ?
    The turf will get covered during tfc games and other events, so if there was grass in those areas; it would look yellow and dark when the Argonauts played. Speaking only for myself; I have no issue with the turf areas, so long as the seams are done right and the players are safe. IMO it would look bad if the pretty much the entire field is green and we have yellow endzones.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    This is a genuine question.

What have you done about it besides complain about it on this message board?

Multiple users (starting in June 2014) started to take notice with the shortcomings of David Braley's regime so it isn't as if you were the only one who has been doing that, but not everybody chooses to express their feelings to the degree that you do. It doesn't make them any worse of a fan than you are.
    Well there is only so much I can do I would say I have supported this team by attending at least 80% of there homes games watch every game that I can on t.v. tried to tell people about the Argos etc..
    And there is no way that I am applying on that everyone on this site is a lousy fan because they don't express themselves like myself towards the team,but the thing that gets me is why a few of these fans continue to support stupidity. I am sure if David Braley still owned this team and declared that he was moving the team to a high school field this year and that he would bring in bleacher seating for a 1,000 fans we would have people on here saying how great of an idea it is! How good of an intimate environment it would be to play on grass high school field outdoors.
    Argofan87 tell me that me bringing up the idea of having a proper field size and having a 100% grass field at bmo field that this is a legitimate question that us Argo fans should be asking our owners to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Maybe it's just me, and argoholic could probably explain it better, but doesn't it make sense to have turf for the Argonauts ?
    The turf will get covered during tfc games and other events, so if there was grass in those areas; it would look yellow and dark when the Argonauts played. Speaking only for myself; I have no issue with the turf areas, so long as the seams are done right and the players are safe. IMO it would look bad if the pretty much the entire field is green and we have yellow endzones.
    Ok the turf gets covered during a 2.5 hrs soccer game! What happens after the game? Bleachers go up grass is exposed to its natural elements! Bingo problem solved!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    It's not rocket science:

It's Rocket science.
    Post of the year candidate.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    It's not rocket science:

It's Rocket science.

hahaha.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    tell me that me bringing up the idea of having a proper field size and having a 100% grass field at bmo field that this is a legitimate question that us Argo fans should be asking our owners to fix?
    Some of us that operate in the real world understand there are limitations, we are not "supporting stupidity" as you put it. They're converting an existing structure not building new from scratch. I'm not an engineer but I understand that the land BMO Field sits on is a certain size. As Neely2005 pointed out and it has been mentioned several times before:

Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    They can only extend the stadium so far as there is a road to the south and a building to the north.
    To extend the field 6 yards so you will be happy I don't think they're willing to tear down the Food Building. Not only would that be expensive but the Food Building is a staple for The Ex and a great place to stop before a game while the The Ex is on.

Ok the turf gets covered during a 2.5 hrs soccer game! What happens after the game? Bleachers go up grass is exposed to its natural elements! Bingo problem solved!
    I love how you have a solution for everything. Do you know what type of bleachers they are putting in at BMO Field? I don't. I'm sure there is a legitimate reason they are putting in artificial turf and if it was as easy a fix as you mentioned above or this:

go to the friggin Home Depot buy a metal platform and put it over the grass to put the stands on top.
    they would do it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really liking the fact that we're getting more information about the team this off season. Lots of video and audio from mini camp - the Argonauts also have a soundcloud account - where pretty much all audio involving the team goes. I've also seen advertisements on TSN.ca and have heard radio ads for both flex/mini packs and season tickets on TSN 1050.

One thing I would like to see/hear is having more players and football ops people on radio outlets (especially 1050). We need some more coverage and exposure - this is essentially free advertising and Bell could easily pull it off.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really liking the fact that we're getting more information about the team this off season. Lots of video and audio from mini camp - the Argonauts also have a soundcloud account - where pretty much all audio involving the team goes. I've also seen advertisements on TSN.ca and have heard radio ads for both flex/mini packs and season tickets on TSN 1050.

One thing I would like to see/hear is having more players and football ops people on radio outlets (especially 1050). We need some more coverage and exposure - this is essentially free advertising and Bell could easily pull it off.
    I would assume a media/PR blitz will commence roughly May 15-20. We're still too far out from the season (barely) to where you don't want to waste any bullets.

Barker has already been on with McCown, and I would imagine that will turn into a weekly or every other week thing.

We're lucky to have somebody as PR-savvy as Barker is. We could end up with some jackass like Kent Austin who demeans his own beat writer for asking legitimate questions. I swear, if I were Drew Edwards, I'd have a hard time not baiting Austin every week just to get him pissed and show the world what an ass he is.