Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
Wow I can't...hahaha, just kidding!!! Actually looks better to me in those shots. Not as legoland like. I love the shot with the old buildings and the new stadium. TO does that well as it respects old buildings yet builds some cool new ones. Vancouver for example tends to look mostly like one big mirror downtown.
Actually Toronto is not known as a city that has preserved their old buildings compared with other cities in North America.Toronto tore down many of their art deco style buildings from the early 20th century in the downtown core to make the same glass towers that you speak of in Vancouver. It looks like a South Asian city in terms of architecture. Other than Old City Hall and the Royal York, I think there is nothing aesthetically pleasing about downtown architecture, but that's my opinion....the flat iron building is also pretty interesting, and I'm sure there are a few other small buildings. I also like the character of those CNE buildings that mimic 19th century buildings where the firehall and mobile police station are located.

I actually don't mind BMO field at all, the concourse will be as wide as Tim Hortons Field, and it holds more in capacity. The roof will also make it more comfortable for fans in foul weather games shielding the sun, rain and snow. Real football in a real football stadium with seats running parallel to the field not in a bowl configuration which puts fans 50 yds away from the field at the 55 yd line will be great.