Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    New Fan
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Not that I should have to justify myself to anybody but no-one "stooged" anything to me. I've been a lurker on this board for about 2 years now.

Full disclosure - yes I'm a TFC fan and poster over at the RPB board(I had season tickets for the first 5 years of the team before giving them up). I've also averaged going to one Argos game a season when I can for the last 8/9 years and I recently paid $50 for a season seat deposit.

I didn't realize it was a crime to support both

And yes - I signed up today because I saw pictures that I took posted here. Someone had asked where he got them so I signed up and answered the question. What's wrong with that? Common message board etiquette is to post a link as to where you got the pictures particularly is someone else took them. I'm the guy who spent an hour walking around the stadium on a freezing cold Sunday afternoon 2 weeks ago.

It's not like I came in "attacking" the poster demanding for them to credit me credit like some people have it in their heads.

It's always good to get a nice friendly welcome.

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I wonder if the Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Sounders have the same rivalry that we have in this neck of the woods? Of course they play on astro-turf so maybe not as big a deal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue_Red View Post
    I wonder if the Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Sounders have the same rivalry that we have in this neck of the woods? Of course they play on astro-turf so maybe not as big a deal.
    I doubt it. Originally TFC fans had zero issues with sharing with the Argonauts when the Argonauts were taking the lead at UofT and York, once they got their own playpen and the Argonauts owners started looking at BMO in 07 or 08, that's where it all seemed to start. I still think BMO will eventually have some type of Fifa approved turf before long, the economics of it just make too much sense. I could also see an Argonaut only turf put over the grass, which makes sense too, as the Argonauts practice at Downsview and not BMO, so would only need the stadium for game days.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    What do you mean you don't know what I'm talking about? Your making insinuations about someone with an agenda. Like I said, I think you are insinuating that I informed someone at RPB because you know I post on their on occasion. I can't speak for anyone else so I don't know who outside of me from this board posts on RPB but I know there is a Qman account over there.
    Why are you getting so defensive? Again, I didn't mention that I was thinking it was you. Can you come up with a quote from me where I said it was you?
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Why are you getting so defensive? Again, I didn't mention that I was thinking it was you. Can you come up with a quote from me where I said it was you?
    I honestly don't believe you don't know what "insinuation" means so stop playing stupid. Stop with the insinuations and stop with the stupid questions. I PM'd you this link last night so you knew I've posted on the RPB board. Hence why I think your insinuation was directed at me. Be honest, if you weren't insinuating I contacted RPB then who were you insinuating did?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Give it a rest, Angelo. We all know to whom you were referring.

And please don't attack new posters. "Gabriel Hurl" politely took credit for his own photography, and your response was "Waaaa!!! If you post something on a public forum, anyone can take them."? That is childish.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    With Argos fans like you guys, who needs the Red Crotch Boys.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I know old habits die hard, but I'll re-emphasize the option of using the Ignore feature.

I'd also ask each of you to take a moment and consider what a potentially new member of this site thinks when all he or she sees are threads descending into madness like this one.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    Not that I should have to justify myself to anybody but no-one "stooged" anything to me. I've been a lurker on this board for about 2 years now.

Full disclosure - yes I'm a TFC fan and poster over at the RPB board(I had season tickets for the first 5 years of the team before giving them up). I've also averaged going to one Argos game a season when I can for the last 8/9 years and I recently paid $50 for a season seat deposit.

And yes - I signed up today because I saw pictures that I took posted here. Someone had asked where he got them so I signed up and answered the question. What's wrong with that? Common message board etiquette is to post a link as to where you got the pictures particularly is someone else took them. I'm the guy who spent an hour walking around the stadium on a freezing cold Sunday afternoon 2 weeks ago.

It's not like I came in "attacking" the poster demanding for them to credit me credit like some people have it in their heads.

Welcome to the board. You'll find it informative and enjoyable if you ignore the petty spats caused by a few (although usually knowledgeable) posters.

And by the way it is common courtesy and etiquette to cite content posted publicly, but usually not required so long as you are not explicitly claiming them as your own. I don't fault Qman for posting them without citing their origin, and I certainly don't fault you for claiming credit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Again, I have no problem with the poster. The timing to me was very suspicious. If he's a legitimate Argos fan and wants to post stuff on the Argos here, I absolutely welcome him. I just don't like what I "think" happened. Do I have any proof? No. But as I said, the timing of it all is suspicious.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Again, I have no problem with the poster. The timing to me was very suspicious. If he's a legitimate Argos fan and wants to post stuff on the Argos here, I absolutely welcome him. I just don't like what I "think" happened. Do I have any proof? No. But as I said, the timing of it all is suspicious.
    Angelo, the new poster has given a detailed description of himself and what happened from his perspective. There is not a shred in anything he has written that warrants suspicions about some TFC fan trying to bait Argo fans, or anything else along those lines. The appropriate thing to do here would be to withdraw the suggestion and say welcome to a potential new season-ticket holder. Come on, man, you can do it!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

You ain't from around here are yuh??
    Welcome to the site, personally I find the back and forth rhetoric by both fan bases kind of stupid, although I am not much of a soccer fan I have nothing against TFC and hope they do well as I am a Toronto sports fan.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    You really should keep your suspicions to yourself. I get what you were getting at, and that's ok. But its not like he came in here like a bat out of hell supposing things. Keep your cards close to your vest, and if he was a suspicious character he would have given himself away eventually.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    TFC seems to be the root of all evil on this forum. (And, yes, I am only joking.)
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Welcome aboard. Sorry about the circumstances.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level

welcome to the site! I to am a fan of both teams more so Argos then tfc but don't worry about any of these guys keep posting to what you believe maybe with a new start to this team we can gain some new fans to the site and weed out the ones that always want to fight with each other on here.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    If you like the Argos then welcome. This site is F'ed up and so is the Toronto sports scene. There once was a day when if you where a fan of Toronto sports you wished all of it's teams did well. I go back to when The Argos, Jays and Blizzard (soccer) shared CNE stadium. Oh how times have changed thanks to screwed up owners, certain fans and the media.

They are pictures of a stadium. To quote others on here, chill, the sky is not falling etc..etc.

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks! Nice work.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    GabrielHurl..... great pictures on your Flikr site. I've been amassing pictures of Toronto for a couple years myself. Looks like you either work in construction or have access to some high places to take some of those pictures. Wish I could get access to some top spots in the city.