Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level

2016 CFL Schedule?

When the heck is this schedule going to be released? I'm really disappointed that the schedule is not released as we are now entering the 3rd week of the new year. For years, we were always under the assumption, which was probably true that the schedule was always held up from being released until February because of the Argos situation at the dome. What on earth is holding it up this season, now that the Argos have left the dome? Surely dates at BMO among the the 17-20 TFC dates can't be as difficult as finding home dates between 81 Blue Jay home dates.

Why the delay? What is Orridge doing to get this 2016 schedule out as efficiently as possible, so that fans could actually make long-term arrangements for road trips, or even plan their schedule for them to attend home dates as season ticket subscribers?

They better get this schedule out before the Super Bowl, so that football fans in Canada could at least have football on their mind when the CFL schedule comes out, even if it because the NFL playoffs are still on. Any thoughts.. gotta admit, I'm miffed at why the schedule has not been put out by now.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    It's still scheduled to be released in February. Does anyone remember the schedule ever being released earlier before Rogers/Jays became such a problem?
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    2015 - Feb. 13
    2014 - Feb. 12
    2013 - Mar. 5
    2012 - Feb. 18
    2011 - Feb. 18
    2010 - Jan. 29
    2009 - Feb. 3
    2008 - Feb. 21
    2007 - Feb. 14
    The rest - ?????

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I can remember the schedule not coming out until May back in 1995 so things have improved dramatically since then.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I suspect that they actually have pretty much figured out a schedule, but that they are waiting until after the Superbowl to release it. The next three weeks are all NFL hype machine, so why get swallowed in that? After Feb. 7, we will likely see a big push on both the CFL sked and all the Argos stuff, including seating, schedule, etc. While us diehards are anxious for a sked, it makes more sense, and has a greater impact to release it in February when there is no more NFL, the NHL and NBA are pre-playoffs, and baseball has not started. A good time to get maximum punch. And from SnowRogue's helpful research, we can see that this is when it usually happens.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I have no problem with any time in February. Four months before the regular season is more than enough time. The NHL usually does it three months ahead of the season in July (it was late June in 2015). MLS just did it with 2.5 months to spare.

Boatman
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtownfan View Post
    I suspect that they actually have pretty much figured out a schedule, but that they are waiting until after the Superbowl to release it.
    Yup. The same reason free agency begins two days after the game. No sense fighting for media attention when you aren't going to get it.
    Support CFL league & team sponsors by buying their stuff!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    I have no problem with any time in February. Four months before the regular season is more than enough time. The NHL usually does it three months ahead of the season in July (it was late June in 2015). MLS just did it with 2.5 months to spare.
    And MLB released the 2016 schedule in September 2015.

It looks like the NBA does it about 3 months in advance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    And MLB released the 2016 schedule in September 2015.

It looks like the NBA does it about 3 months in advance.
    Funny that the two arena leagues that play in the winter barely get their schedules out with barely 3 months advance, could be the owners who in some cases own the arena, want to make sure to jam as many concerts and other events between Hockey and Basketball games before releasing an official schedule. Attendance for both NHL and NBA games is quite poor in many markets and that could be a reason why?

I think it's no coincidence that the NFL and MLB are the 2 biggest money makers who put their schedules out with way more advance notice. The NFL practically does it right after the Super Bowl, and even has a tentative schedule in terms of knowing which divisions will be playing against each other for the next 3 years in advance and MLB puts out the following years schedule out before the end of the season, so that teams can sell season seat packages, and flex packages for the holidays.

How much press is a schedule release going to get anyway? The point is, the earlier the better for selling season seat packages, flex packs and for fans to arrange out of town trips. I don't think predicating the release of a league schedule on when the NFL is still playing is important. You could find an excuse for delaying the release of a schedule out in that case... be it the NFL factor, or the middle of the NHL season factor. I for one think it would be more beneficial to have the schedule out while the NFL is still playing in January because it puts football at the forefront. Who's kidding who? Everybody knows about the NFL regardless, so what point is their in waiting for their season to end? It just delays selling season tickets and gives teams less days to sell tickets in the lead up to the season.

I, for one can't wait for the release of the schedule, so we can see how much more conducive it will be for the Argos and their fans now that the move to BMO is finally here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    I think it's no coincidence that the NFL and MLB are the 2 biggest money makers who put their schedules out with way more advance notice. The NFL practically does it right after the Super Bowl, and even has a tentative schedule in terms of knowing which divisions will be playing against each other for the next 3 years in advance and MLB puts out the following years schedule out before the end of the season, so that teams can sell season seat packages, and flex packages for the holidays.
    Not correct. The NFL releases next year's opponents in January right after the season is over. The actual schedule doesn't come out until late April, which makes it about 4.5 months before the regular season starts.

A tentative schedule means assigning games to dates, not a list of future opponents. Pointless for the NFL to do that, especially since the networks want the better teams from the previous season to appear in prime time as much as possible.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Pointless for the NFL to do that, especially since the networks want the better teams from the previous season to appear in prime time as much as possible.
    I'm sure Fox and CBS are 2 networks that wouldn't agree with this.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I have a feeling the Argos sked. for their first season will not be that great! Just looking at TFC's schedule mas me think that!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by eiben35 View Post
    I have a feeling the Argos sked. for their first season will not be that great! Just looking at TFC's schedule mas me think that!
    It will still be much better than it was at SkyDome IMO.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I tend to agree with both yourself and Ravi. It won't be perfect, but it'll be better than Skydome.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I tend to agree with both yourself and Ravi. It won't be perfect, but it'll be better than Skydome.
    Better than actually playing all of your home games at home? What a great idea. If they stick the Argos on a greater than 2 game road trip this year, everyone involved should be ripped because this team for the last 3 seasons have had 4 game road trips in 2013 and 2014 something only done in professional football on a couple of occasions in the last 100 years, and of course last season's freakshow schedule. They have earned a friendly schedule, that allows them to stay relevant in this marketplace and not disappear for a month at a time.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Needless to say, the Argos will be playing more than 5 games in their actual home stadium in 2016. They won't be starting their home schedule in Fort McMurray or play a home game vs Ottawa at Lansdowne Park. An improved home schedule from last season is not the hardest thing to improve on with the charade they had to go through last season.

I'm ansty about the schedule because I'm curious about whether there will be a consistent start time or weeknight or weekend. Will it be Friday and Saturday...will there be any Thursday home games or may I dare say Sunday Afternoon games.

I'm also curious about the TSN TV schedule which is probably being finalized right now. Will we be seeing TSN cutting potential viewers on many games this season as they started doing last season by not offering all CFL games on all regional basic networks, which they try to mask by calling their regional stations by number instead of geography as Sportnet does. Will they be putting live games on TSN2 which would really be a step down. Many CFL fans were expressing disenchantment with TSN when they began jumping on the Blue Jay bandwagon despite having no broadcast rights to any of their games. TSN sportscentre was either starting with 30 second highlights of the CFL at the beginning or at the end of the show, while jamming the remaining 45 minutes with Blue Jays hype. I won't be expecting the same distractions this year, but I'm still curious to see how TSN treats the CFL now that the Argos are owned by one of their parent companies, Bell Media.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Probably true. 2017 will be when the Argonauts get back to a normal CFL schedule.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Bell should do as much as they can to protect and enhance their largest sports property and their investment in the Argos. Securing a normal schedule in a GC year should be a priority.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm certain the team will try and get as good a schedule as possible. They have to contend with open dates at BMO and the self interests of the other CFL teams.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Do the Argo's have a "plan B" if for some reason BMO isnt ready on time?
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021