Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I'll be watching, as will everyone else who enjoys football and isn't (tragically) distracted.

They will eh?
    Read some of the posters here please.
    Some of us enjoy real football CFL style, much less hype with better athletes paid a reasonable amount and well under three hours.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    They will eh?
    Read some of the posters here please.
    Some of us enjoy real football CFL style, much less hype with better athletes paid a reasonable amount and well under three hours.
    I think we all prefer CFL football on here. To each their own, and when I was younger I admit to making the same arguments as you are now. As I became older, I realized that I still watch NFL and enjoy it. Not to the level I do CFL, but I'm not going to lie and say the CFL has better athletes. That was a blanket statement. Some CFL athletes are better than NFL athletes, and vice versa. But you make yourself sound pretty stupid to make a general statement that CFL athletes are better.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I think we all prefer CFL football on here. To each their own, and when I was younger I admit to making the same arguments as you are now. As I became older, I realized that I still watch NFL and enjoy it. Not to the level I do CFL, but I'm not going to lie and say the CFL has better athletes. That was a blanket statement. Some CFL athletes are better than NFL athletes, and vice versa. But you make yourself sound pretty stupid to make a general statement that CFL athletes are better.

Of course it's a matter of opinion.
    Mine is overall the CFL player has to be faster, smarter, more agile to play our game on a bigger field with far less time on the 20 second clock not to mention a small roster requiring versatility.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Of course it's a matter of opinion.
    Mine is overall the CFL player has to be faster, smarter, more agile to play our game on a bigger field with far less time on the 20 second clock not to mention a small roster requiring versatility.
    Smarter? I'd love to see you prove that.

The game-day rosters are different by only two players.

The play-clock is pretty much a wash since the NFL's starts as soon as the previous play ends while the CFL's doesn't start until the ref brings the ball back to the line of scrimmage.

Your arguments are no better than those who put down the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Does anyone else find that there is less hype over the Super Bowl this year? I have had to be reminded a couple of times - usually by seeing this thread - over the last couple of weeks that there is a big game this Sunday.
    The lack of hype could be attributed to the fact that the game has now moved well into the winter, being played in February. In the past, the NFL played Super Bowls not even in the final Sunday in January, but even in the 3rd Sunday in January. Not unlike the NHL, and MLB, the NFL has ridiculously moved their schedules into a month where football was not played. The Super Bowl in February is as ridiculous as the Stanley Cup in June and the World Series playing games in November.

Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Smarter? I'd love to see you prove that.

The game-day rosters are different by only two players.

The play-clock is pretty much a wash since the NFL's starts as soon as the previous play ends while the CFL's doesn't start until the ref brings the ball back to the line of scrimmage.

Your arguments are no better than those who put down the CFL.
    You want proof of how unprofessional the NFL has become and that the players are not necessarily smarter than they are in the CFL... that's not difficult to prove. Did you watch the final 5 minutes of that Cincinnati - Pittsburgh Wild Card playoff game? The Bengals handed over the game to the Steelers on a silver platter, stupid playcalls, stupid penalties, stupid clock management. Compounded penalties. A guy who recovered a fumble, but was lucky that a Steeler accidently fell on him, or he would've given them a safety after running the wrong way toward his end zone. Marvin Lewis looked like he was coaching a prison team, not a pro football team. He could not control his players at all. Even Boomer Esiasson, the ex-Bengal was ashamed of that performance and lack of discipline.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    You want proof of how unprofessional the NFL has become and that the players are not necessarily smarter than they are in the CFL... that's not difficult to prove. Did you watch the final 5 minutes of that Cincinnati - Pittsburgh Wild Card playoff game? The Bengals handed over the game to the Steelers on a silver platter, stupid playcalls, stupid penalties, stupid clock management. Compounded penalties. A guy who recovered a fumble, but was lucky that a Steeler accidently fell on him, or he would've given them a safety after running the wrong way toward his end zone. Marvin Lewis looked like he was coaching a prison team, not a pro football team. He could not control his players at all. Even Boomer Esiasson, the ex-Bengal was ashamed of that performance and lack of discipline.
    That is an isolated example. Just look at box scores of all the games. CFL games, while running fewer total plays, has considerately more penalties. A lot of talented players are in the CFL due to disciplinary issues. Talent wise, many are as good, but for the most part, bad discipline that hurts the team isn't tolerated in the NFL.
    It's us vs the rest of the country