Thread: BC Lions Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Jarious Jackson has never been an offensive coordinator before, so wouldn't that mean he doesn't fit into the recycle trend we see in the CFL ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Jarious Jackson has never been an offensive coordinator before, so wouldn't that mean he doesn't fit into the recycle trend we see in the CFL ?
    Apparently, anybody that apprentices under a GOB is part of the GOB chain for life. Sort of the way Blake Nill is a GOB that goes from top job to top job in the CIS, therefore holding back younger "outside the box" guys.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Apparently, anybody that apprentices under a GOB is part of the GOB chain for life. Sort of the way Blake Nill is a GOB that goes from top job to top job in the CIS, therefore holding back younger "outside the box" guys.
    Sure - I suppose Nill could be considered a CIS GOB type; and maybe not surprising that he would be hired again there somewhere, as he has built 3 National Championship teams in his time there. Obviously - college ball is different than the pros though - (players only able to stay a max 5 years; recruiting is a whole different animal for building a roster; less paid coaches / quite limited budgets in CIS ball, etc.).

CFL GOB is a different kettle of fish; but a similar sub-species i guess ? ;o)

And you're also forgetting about my other criterion for qualifying for the CFL GOB club (aside from same old guys getting recycled /re-hired as key decision makers); and that would be same old offence - mostly pass play calling (70% + most of the time); QB always in shot-gun; one simple basic run play to the one back; little to any use of a real tight end or a fullback anymore. And some CIS offences might be headed to copy-cat the CFL same old GOB offensive ways, but there are still a lot of teams who use plenty of ground game and more diversity on offence.

But when ALL (20 some; not just 9) CIS teams feature that same old offence + only hire key decision makers who have recently been with another team in their league, then you could help me form/name a CIS football GOB club.

Same old/ same old = a hallmark of the GOBs. Not the Blues Brothers, but the real Good Ole Boys ;o)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Sure - I suppose Nill could be considered a CIS GOB type; and maybe not surprising that he would be hired again there somewhere, as he has built 3 National Championship teams in his time there. Obviously - college ball is different than the pros though - (players only able to stay a max 5 years; recruiting is a whole different animal for building a roster; less paid coaches / quite limited budgets in CIS ball, etc.).

CFL GOB is a different kettle of fish; but a similar sub-species i guess ? ;o)

And you're also forgetting about my other criterion for qualifying for the CFL GOB club (aside from same old guys getting recycled /re-hired as key decision makers); and that would be same old offence - mostly pass play calling (70% + most of the time); QB always in shot-gun; one simple basic run play to the one back; little to any use of a real tight end or a fullback anymore. And some CIS offences might be headed to copy-cat the CFL same old GOB offensive ways, but there are still a lot of teams who use plenty of ground game and more diversity on offence.

But when ALL (20 some; not just 9) CIS teams feature that same old offence + only hire key decision makers who have recently been with another team in their league, then you could help me form/name a CIS football GOB club.

Same old/ same old = a hallmark of the GOBs. Not the Blues Brothers, but the real Good Ole Boys ;o)
    And when CIS becomes more competitive rather than the same old same old 6 teams having a reasonable shot to win the Vanier Cup, and 40% of the games not decided by 30 some odd point margins, then I may also agree with you.
    It's us vs the rest of the country