After several years of decline in both wins and attendance, Wally Buono has once again taken over as head coach of the BC Lions. The question is can he re-engender his old winning form. Is Jonathan Jennings the QB who can do that or will defences have him figured out in his sophomore year, after seeing what he could do in his rookie season. Is Lulay capable of a comeback? Can the Lions resign Andrew Harris and have him lead the offence?

The winningest head coach in the history of the Canadian Football League is back in the saddle, four years after he kicked himself upstairs, because after hiring and firing two head coaches who didn't work out, either he decided he was the best man for the job, or David Braley said: "You made this mess, fix it."
He insists it’s the former.

“Let’s just say I’m rekindled. I’m eager to do what I think I was made to do.”
And though it’s not without trepidation that he becomes the one and only place the buck stops, he said, “If I’m going to be successful, that’s probably the only way I can do it. And that’s not a reflection on anybody but me.”
He has totally low-keyed the assembly of a coaching staff, hasn’t ventured into any of the splashy bidding for the Weston Dresslers or John Chicks of early-onset free agency, and isn’t tipping his hand on what he’s looking for once actual free agency opens Feb. 9, other than to say “we have a plan.”
Buono is entering his 14th season in Vancouver, which is fairly remarkable in a town that’s gone from hockey GMs Brian Burke to Dave Nonis to Mike Gillis to Jim Benning in that span, from Marc Crawford to Alain Vigneault to John Tortorella to Willie Desjardins behind the bench.
None of them has escaped controversy, and five of them haven’t escaped the axe, either.
The last couple of seasons have been substandard for the Lions. Buono is tight with the owner, but he’s also about to turn 66.
The fans are restless, and in one of those “show me” moods that could make a mediocre year hazardous to the bottom line.
“We have to put a competitive, entertaining product on the field. To me, I don’t have longevity to accomplish this,” he said. The smile was audible on the phone line.
“I’m not a college coach on a five-year plan.”
The faithful (to a point) will be glad to hear it.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/cole+failure+longer+option+buono+lions/11685892/story.html