Cody Fajardo discusses why he joined the Lions and Ricky Ray.

“It’s a great fit for me and my strengths,” explained Fajardo. I love the way both Jennings and Travis play. I want to learn from them and I think the thing that was most appealing to me was to be able to learn from two guys who have played this game at such a high level. Playing and learning from Ricky Ray last year was incredible and I think to continue my transition in the CFL, learning from both those guys will be even better,” said Fajardo. ...

“Size has always been one of my things to use to my advantage, especially when using my speed on a bigger field,” said the 2011 Western Athletic Conference Freshman of the Year.“That has really helped me. My first time on a CFL field it was like ‘whoa, I get all of this yardage to run?’ I have fun playing the game when I get to use those strengths to my ability.” ...

It was at the Reno campus where he backed up Colin Kaepernick and eventually succeeded him as the Wolf Pack starter in 2011. In fact, those two are the only quarterbacks in NCAA history to finish their career with over 9,000 passing yards and 3,000 rushing yards.
“It was a lot like being around Ricky and a lot like what I think it will be learning from Travis and Jonathon, being behind a guy that played at such a high level,” said Fajardo of Kaepernick. It made my transition at Nevada very easy because I saw how he did it and I knew that was the way it had to be done because he had so much success. I didn’t try to be someone I’m not, which I learned early. I took tidbits from his game, added them to my strengths and it worked out for the best.” ...

“That’s what I love most about the CFL, just how fluid the league is. Most guys sign one or two-year deals. For me to go from being at the bottom of the spectrum (in 2016) to the best team in the CFL was really cool.”
https://www.bclions.com/2018/02/16/c...coast-flavour/