Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
BC Lions have an extensive list of free agents, which when combined with their last place finish this year and the uncertainty about whether Wally will be back, means that major changes are likely.

http://3downnation.com/2017/11/14/ex...tracts-ending/

One I would love to see the Argos pick up is Shaq Johnson who had 521 yards on 30 receptions. His 17.4 yard average per reception indicates he could become a great deep threat. Being only 24 and only in his second year, he could become a very good National deep threat. Coming from Brampton suggests he might be interested in returning to Toronto.

Johnson was pretty impressive and might be a nice pick-up; but the Argos already have Williams, Ralph, Noel, Brian Jones around as "depth" or little used receivers; assuming Coombs stays and progresses at slotback, I guess Johnson might be a good addition if he could win the wide-side WR job - he has speed and could be a deep threat, but they might think they are OK already with all those other "NI receivers".

Hunter Steward and David Menard are the 2 guys on the BC FA list I would be more interested in; Steward has potential as a solid starter at either OT or OG and might be an upgrade for the Argos at either spot; Menard has a motor and plays mostly DE, but has the strength to play some DT too = a very good rotation guy; and if the likes of Finley, Gaydosh, Waud (all very solid to play in the rotation at DT IMO) or last year;s draft pick Foster are not that highly regarded ? - but the Argos seem quite solid with those 3 DTs behind Laing (not likely all 3 are retained?); another NI DE in the mix would be nice if Foster is not given a real shot by Chamblin, but not sure he would think much of Menard ?