Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
I realize the budget cuts are deemed necessary, but if I want to hear US sports radio, and I occasionally do, I just listen to ESPN radio on line. TSN IMO, would be better off reducing the some of the local shows and go with a National show. It would definitely fit better into a budget, and keep the Canadian content. For example, keep all the local morning and evening drive shows as is, but add a National show the rest of the day.
I think the problem with this is that any really successful sports radio station has focused on local. Sports by nature tends to be locally oriented. Would Torontonians tune in to hear a lot of talk about the Canucks, Oilers, Blue Bombers, etc.? I think CFL fans here would, if there was lots of CFL content through the day, but I doubt hockey, baseball and basketball fans would want a national approach. I think Bell will probably abandon the sports talk format in Toronto at some point. Hopefully 1150 sticks to sports and maybe eventually goes with 18 hours of local programming each day.