Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
As for the $3.00 beers, please....I'll have to see that before I believe it. The same rumour was floating around when the Redblacks played their first season a couple of seasons ago, and it was just hype.

Beer sales account for most of the concession sales at many sporting events, there is no way a team or venue would sacrifice that amount of profit for costumer satisfaction. Another reason is the social cost and negative publicity that can come with promoting beer drinking with cheaper prices. In the nanny state of Ontario, where government no longer beleives its' citizens can make responsible decisions for themselves. The last thing the Toronto Argonauts or any sports team or venue needs is to be held responsible for public drunkenness by appearing to be the enablers of allowing fans to overdrink through cheaper prices. Let's not even talk about fans who will be taking their cars to and from the game....just that thought alone, is enough to really laugh at this notion of $3.00 beers.
Yeah I remember going to the first home game in Ottawa after reading those articles and expecting different / better lower priced concessions and beers and it was totally the opposite. Overpriced, cold, bland food and super slow service with overpriced low quality beer.