Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Argo Fan
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    I don't know if the logo will be painted on the field or not. Never been to a TFC game so I was just expressing my enthusiasm for seeing the Argos at BMO.

Now that you mention it though, I wonder why the agreement would forbid it, since it doesn't seem like a logistical challenge. E.g., in Green Bay they paint the logo and lines before every game and remove them soon after so that the grass gets direct sunlight between games.
    it has to do with the blue paint. Right now they have white paint (for grid lines) that can be washed off and become unnoticeable during TFC games. They probably won't be able to wash the logo off entirely. The agreement that I hear is that the Argos can paint permanate logos in the endzones(which will be AstroTurf) and be covered up by stands during soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Some of the Red Patch Boys going to throw a fit if an Argo logo (that can be removed) is at centre field?
    Blue paint will be harder to wash off than the white.. So faded logo during TFC games would be a possibility. I have feeling they will use green screen technology for adds and the logo on centerfield that would be viewable on tv. Sort of like what Rogers does with the advertising along the first and third base lines as well as over the centre field bleachers, as well as the first down markers on tv during football... You don't see them if your at the game but it's on tv.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Some of the Red Patch Boys going to throw a fit if an Argo logo (that can be removed) is at centre field?
    For some reason I was under the impression there will be a logo, but no blue paint?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    who cares. Why does MLSE even pay attention. All of those guys are paying less than $16/game for tickets.
    You provide more revenue than 5 of them together ... you can't even get into an OHL game anymore for that.
    Last edited by Qman; 02-28-2016 at 10:06 PM.

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    who cares. Why does MLSE even pay attention. All of those guys are paying less than $16/game for tickets.
    You provide more revenue than 5 of them together ... you can't even get into an OHL game anymore for that.
    Because the supporters groups and the atmosphere generated are part of what gets the casuals out to the game and makes TFC work financially.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue_Red View Post
    Because the supporters groups and the atmosphere generated are part of what gets the casuals out to the game and makes TFC work financially.
    according to their fan forum they are expected to lose $21m this year ... i don't think TFC is working financially

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    according to their fan forum they are expected to lose $21m this year ... i don't think TFC is working financially
    That's probably accurate, but only because they are spending about $20m on 3 players. In the first seven seasons or so MLSE must have made a profit and they see MLS as a growth league and want to be major players in that. They recognize there is enough interest in Toronto and the GTA to at least gamble on it as they have that type of money to play with.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TOBenfica View Post
    I don't know if the logo will be painted on the field or not. Never been to a TFC game so I was just expressing my enthusiasm for seeing the Argos at BMO.

Now that you mention it though, I wonder why the agreement would forbid it, since it doesn't seem like a logistical challenge. E.g., in Green Bay they paint the logo and lines before every game and remove them soon after so that the grass gets direct sunlight between games.
    it has to do with the blue paint. Right now they have white paint (for grid lines) that can be washed off and become unnoticeable during TFC games. They probably won't be able to wash the logo off entirely. The agreement that I hear is that the Argos can paint permanate logos in the endzones(which will be AstroTurf) and be covered up by stands during soccer.
    Quote Originally Posted by TOBenfica View Post
    Blue paint will be harder to wash off than the white.. So faded logo during TFC games would be a possibility. I have feeling they will use green screen technology for adds and the logo on centerfield that would be viewable on tv. Sort of like what Rogers does with the advertising along the first and third base lines as well as over the centre field bleachers, as well as the first down markers on tv during football... You don't see them if your at the game but it's on tv.
    Here is an interesting article about BMO's turf:

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/05...g-the-pressure

The process of removing football lines this year will begin at the conclusion of every CFL game and could extend overnight.

“The life of a groundsman,” Heggie added.

They'll also shift the CFL field game-to-game to ensure lines aren't constantly being repainted in the same areas of the field.

Oh, and there won't be any Double Blue paint used anywhere on the natural surface.

“There's no coloured logos on the field during (CFL) games,” Hunter reaffirmed.
    If they plan to shift the grid lines on the field, that means the goalposts would have to shift too? So fan's seats on the goal line, for example, might shift into the end-zone or 1-yd-line for some games?

Boatman
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post

If they plan to shift the grid lines on the field, that means the goalposts would have to shift too? So fan's seats on the goal line, for example, might shift into the end-zone or 1-yd-line for some games?
    Great article. Answers a lot of questions. An all white "A" logo at midfield seems possible now. Doesn't matter either way, but it would be a nice bonus. The shifting end zone from game to game will be interesting to watch for too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post

This is total marketing BS, they are not going to have 2-3 different holes for FG posts, especially when the southend one's will be in soccer field of play.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Great article. Answers a lot of questions. An all white "A" logo at midfield seems possible now. Doesn't matter either way, but it would be a nice bonus. The shifting end zone from game to game will be interesting to watch for too.
    They'll probably only be shifting the endzones a yard or two either way, if at all.
    Last edited by Neely2005; 02-29-2016 at 07:03 PM.