Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    So I'm the first on the Cody Farjardo bandwagon but I won't be the last. haha. I trust Barker.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Well, he's no Blake Sims, that's for sure.
    IMO neither Blake Sims nor Kyle Quinlan got a fair shot to show what they could do in the CFL. Both players have obvious CFL talent, but both are/were "projects". Both needed more than 2 or 3 practices to show what they could do. Both needed a season of hands-on nurturing in order to adapt their talents to the CFL, and neither got it.

I understand that it's a luxury to be able to develop a QB long-term like that, but some guys need it more than others. I'd be willing to bet that Trevor Harris didn't look like a CFL QB after his first 2 or 3 practices either.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    So I'm the first on the Cody Farjardo bandwagon but I won't be the last. haha. I trust Barker.
    I've got the college football cable package and i watch dozens of NCAA games every week in season. I followed Fajardo's career closely and hoped he would one day play up here. He is a gamer, a leader, and a great athlete. He's only the second NCAA QB to pass for over 9,000 yards and run for over 3,000. The difference between him and a guy like Sims is that Fajardo was a 4-year starter in college. He is much more experienced and more mature, and IMO capable of making the leap to the pros quickly, especially under the guidance of Milanovich.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Two CFL teams have now discarded Sims. I suspect that Trevor Harris, Zach Collaros, Logan Kilgore and Cody Fajardo all showed much more in their first two or three practices than Sims did. They probably found that Sims simply couldn't make all of the throws that you need to be able to make on a Canadian field.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Two CFL teams have now discarded Sims. I suspect that Trevor Harris, Zach Collaros, Logan Kilgore and Cody Fajardo all showed much more in their first two or three practices than Sims did. They probably found that Sims simply couldn't make all of the throws that you need to be able to make on a Canadian field.
    I don't want to talk about Blake Sims, he's yesterday's news. But some people think they are being oh-so clever in bringing his name up time and again. But if you can watch this video (start around 2 minutes in) and still believe this nonsense that Sims "can't make the throws" then more power to ya.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I remember when ***** **** was cut by the Argos, Mike Hogan who is a regular at practises said that he (***** ****) did not look good.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I remember when ***** **** was cut by the Argos, Mike Hogan who is a regular at practises said that he (***** ****) did not look good.
    Heard the same thing when he was cut from Saskatchewan; apparently he was terrible and not only struggled throwing the ball, but couldn't make quick reads.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Heard the same thing when he was cut from Saskatchewan; apparently he was terrible and not only struggled throwing the ball, but couldn't make quick reads.

Interesting; they had to bring back Sunseri last year and I thought he was mediocre, average or maybe pi$$-poor in his numerous CFL opportunities; I did like that young Smith guy at QB though - mobile and decent arm - be interesting to see if he stays in the mix behind Durant at QB or maybe gets a shot somewhere else.

Looking forward to seeing Kilgore and Fajardo get ex, game playing time this coming TC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I don't want to talk about Blake Sims, he's yesterday's news. But some people think they are being oh-so clever in bringing his name up time and again. But if you can watch this video (start around 2 minutes in) and still believe this nonsense that Sims "can't make the throws" then more power to ya.

A lot of QB's have been very good college QB's but not necessarily good pro prospects.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    A lot of QB's have been very good college QB's but not necessarily good pro prospects.

Yes. And pretty sure a lot NFL experts thought that about Doug Flutie; that's why he ended up playing in the CFL - for what,9 seasons or so; then he "earned" another NFL shot.

I prefer to go with "guess we'll never know" about a star college ball player who never played in the pros - even if he gets cut by one or a few pro teams; same with star college players who never even got a pro try-out because they were written-off for whatever reason. Rather than calling the guy "not good enough" for the pros. OTOH - players who do get actual playing time in the pros and bomb or do little or look lost/useless. it's a bit easier to conclude they were one of those guys who was good in college but maybe didn\t have it for the pro level.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I don't see Hamilton letting Collaros get to free agency in 2017.
    Yep, the Argos can forget about Collaros. That ship has sailed. If the Argos offered him $500k, the Ticats would pay him $550k. They couldn't afford to let him go, especially to a division rival, because Collaros is the best QB in the league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    I spoke with Jim Barker last summer at a practice and he told me Blake Sims work ethic was terrible. He thought he would come in and be a star. He would leave after practice and party while all the other QBS would study the playbook. JB said that Ricky Ray thought he was the least professional QB he had ever worked with.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    I hope Collaros stays in Hamilton. This will keep the rivalry strong. Personally when he waved goodbye to the Argo bench last Labour Day I thought that was classless. The Argos are the team that gave him his opportunity. He was disrespectful to the coaches, GM, and former teammates that helped get him to where he is now.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    I spoke with Jim Barker last summer at a practice and he told me Blake Sims work ethic was terrible. He thought he would come in and be a star. He would leave after practice and party while all the other QBS would study the playbook. JB said that Ricky Ray thought he was the least professional QB he had ever worked with.
    That would explain a lot.
    Attitude and being a team first guy is a huge part of fitting in on a football team.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Not much of a surprise coming from Alabama where he was treated like a deity. I've never been impressed with Alabama QBs the last 10 years. IMO they are average college quarterbacks who are made to look much better than they are because they have NFL/CFL talent at nearly every position on the offense around them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I hope Collaros stays in Hamilton. This will keep the rivalry strong. Personally when he waved goodbye to the Argo bench last Labour Day I thought that was classless. The Argos are the team that gave him his opportunity. He was disrespectful to the coaches, GM, and former teammates that helped get him to where he is now.
    +1 on what happened on Labour Day, wouldn't mind seeing him back with the Argonauts.
    Although I don't see it happening.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    I like our chances of keeping Ricky Ray healthy, getting Bourque was a big deal. And spelling him off with one of our young guns will help. And he will be a great guy to bring our young qbs along. They can learn at the foot of a master. And w may have a third young guy in the pipeline with the neg rights we got from the riders in Baker Maywood fro Oklahoma, looks like a cfl QB a few years out. So the key for the argoscwill be to Keep Ricky Ray healthy and they have already made moves to do that. I am also confident that our defence will be helping out a lot by e ensuring we are not playing from behind a lot. Ergo we can use an offence that wont be predictable.

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    If you look at Codys youtube hiliteses he was all world against in conference games but had problems playing against UCLA which is a big time program vs Las Vegas. But it wasn't just him. His receivers didn't play well and his O line had issues but I agree, if Cody can progress he has shown Flutie like abilities , and offence sells tickets so if he progresses to starting we could fill BMO and might have to add more seats. He is exciting to watch for sure.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level

That's the first I heard of that, source please as they say!
    I recall after he left about being very classy to the Argos for giving him the opportunity.
    Collaros did not wave goodbye for a reason.
    He wanted to play first string or given not only a fair chance but likely the low end of first string money.
    The Argos made it clear with him and now as well with Harris how they are riding with RR.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    That's the first I heard of that, source please as they say!
    I recall after he left about being very classy to the Argos for giving him the opportunity.
    Collaros did not wave goodbye for a reason.
    He wanted to play first string or given not only a fair chance but likely the low end of first string money.
    The Argos made it clear with him and now as well with Harris how they are riding with RR.
    The source being anyone who was at that game (myself included)!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions