Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    While I also didn't see the issue with Zach waving goodbye; I recall you questioning it and asking for proof - which was provided.

Maybe proof for you but not for me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    I hear that damn Disney song "Let it go!" for some reason.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Huh... ?
    This is what you wrote.
    That's the first I heard of that, source please as they say!
    I recall after he left about being very classy to the Argos for giving him the opportunity.
    Collaros did not wave goodbye for a reason.
    He wanted to play first string or given not only a fair chance but likely the low end of first string money.
    The Argos made it clear with him and now as well with Harris how they are riding with RR.
    Then the proof was provided that he did wave goodbye to the Argonauts bench. Not to mention all the posters that have confirmed it.
    Clearly you missed the game. 2:15:50
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DwfXrn1v80

It's also talked about in the gameday thread
    http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post67545
    You asked for proof of the waving incident. I really don't understand how you're not following.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Huh... ?
    This is what you wrote.

Then the proof was provided that he did wave goodbye to the Argonauts bench. Not to mention all the posters that have confirmed it.

You asked for proof of the waving incident. I really don't understand how you're not following.
    I know that I should be the last person giving this advice...but just let it go. Chalk it up to logic similar to Chrissy Snow in Three's Company.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Huh... ?
    This is what you wrote.

I am not starting this, but I have to respond.
    Yes I recall that so called incident.
    Like I said it's no proof of anything, a game within a game as they say a heat of the moment.
    How you can take that and make a giant leap that Collaros all of a sudden is dissing the entire Argo organization is beyond me.
    As for Mr. Roper on the other posting, I have no need to comment as he is always "right"?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I am not starting this, but I have to respond.
    Yes I recall that so called incident.
    Like I said it's no proof of anything, a game within a game as they say a heat of the moment.
    How you can take that and make a giant leap that Collaros all of a sudden is dissing the entire Argo organization is beyond me.
    As for Mr. Roper on the other posting, I have no need to comment as he is always "right"?
    I stated how I felt about watching someone in his position doing what he did. IMO it was disrespectful. I never have seen class players like Clemons, Ray do those types of things and Ray has been in the Alberta and Golden Horseshoe rivalries. You can have your opinion that it was just heat of the game. That is okay too. In my opinion he was dissing an organization that gave him his professional opportunity. Do I think he's a good player - absolutely. He is young and I chalk it up to emotions getting the better of him. I loved watching him play as an Argo, he is a dynamic exciting player. He makes Hamilton tick. But I am critical of that momentary lapse of judgment. That's all. Would I be upset if he ever QB'd in Toronto again. Probably not.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't have a problem with what ZC did. Unbelievably, I actually do agree with AT, that is was an spur of the moment, emotional reaction. And I have no problem with show boating. I know some on here hate when the Argos receivers spin the ball after a first down, but I have no issue with that either.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't have a problem with what ZC did. Unbelievably, I actually do agree with AT, that is was an spur of the moment, emotional reaction. And I have no problem with show boating. I know some on here hate when the Argos receivers spin the ball after a first down, but I have no issue with that either.
    That loud thud I just heard was Argotom falling off of his chair.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Not to get too far off topic, but would you have a problem if they spiked the ball after a first down? Because to me those actions are about the same. I'm fairly sure spiking is allowed only after a TD (and maybe a two-point convert?). I don't like spinning and gesticulating for something as routine as a first down (or in some cases just for a non-first-down catch, which has happened on occasion). But I'm old school, I guess.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't really have an issue with show boating, but I do think there are better times for it - eg a big first down or touchdown makes sense - the second 1st of a game not so much. Not a fan of taunting whatsoever; mainly because it usually bits you in the butt. One of the reasons I loved watching Whitaker play this past season, was because of his professionalism - He acted like he had been there before, but at times you could see he was amped up. Showboating can be fun to watch - anyone else recall some of Jeremaine copeland touchdown dances and choreographed set pieces with his teammates (eg, the bobsled, bicycle etc) ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    One of my favorites was when Chad Owens had his first big game back in 2010 against Montreal. After one TD he did a Hawaiian war canoe routine. Jim Barker chastised him afterwards and he never did anything like that again. I liked watching it, and it wasn't disrespecting Montreal. He was just excited to be having a breakout game at home and was celebrating it. He even said afterwards that his emotions got the better of him.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Not to get too far off topic, but would you have a problem if they spiked the ball after a first down? Because to me those actions are about the same. I'm fairly sure spiking is allowed only after a TD (and maybe a two-point convert?). I don't like spinning and gesticulating for something as routine as a first down (or in some cases just for a non-first-down catch, which has happened on occasion). But I'm old school, I guess.
    I guess you are old school, Paul. LOL.

The spinning vs spiking is an interesting argument. The reason spiking is only allowed after a TD, is because during play, you have no idea where a spiked ball may end up, and it becomes a delay of game issue. Spinning the ball leaves the ball in the same general area as dropping it would.

What I don't like is sticking your finger in a player's face or getting grill to grill to taunt. Anything else, I have no issue with. I usually just laugh.

This is a general statement and not directed at you Paul, but I love when people give the "act like you've been there before" argument. So easy to say from the comfort of your couch. None of us REALLY know how we'd act if we were in the same position as these players.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    This is a general statement and not directed at you Paul, but I love when people give the "act like you've been there before" argument. So easy to say from the comfort of your couch. None of us REALLY know how we'd act if we were in the same position as these players.
    That's true, but I can go by how I acted in organized touch football. I seldom gesticulated grandly if I made a big play -- and believe me, it was not as if I did it all that often.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    What I don't like is sticking your finger in a player's face or getting grill to grill to taunt. Anything else, I have no issue with. I usually just laugh.

Agree with this - especially the first part.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    That loud thud I just heard was Argotom falling off of his chair.
    Gil, I am going right now to buy a Lotto Max for Friday.
    Are you or anyone else interested here in getting in a group so only some of us will win for sure the $60M+?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    gil, i am going right now to buy a lotto max for friday.
    Are you or anyone else interested here in getting in a group so only some of us will win for sure the $60m+?
    lol!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I guess you are old school, Paul. LOL.

The spinning vs spiking is an interesting argument. The reason spiking is only allowed after a TD, is because during play, you have no idea where a spiked ball may end up, and it becomes a delay of game issue. Spinning the ball leaves the ball in the same general area as dropping it would.

The players I have enjoyed watch play growing up and today are the ones that just hand the ball to the ref . Jackson Holloway Clements Moon Clemons O'SHEA Flutie Gabriel Ray Durie. The list goes on.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    The players I have enjoyed watch play growing up and today are the ones that just hand the ball to the ref . Jackson Holloway Clements Moon Clemons O'SHEA Flutie Gabriel Ray Durie. The list goes on.
    That's fine. I liked all of those (we won't go into the Clements thing again), but I also have no issue with guys having fun.

Funny thing on your list though, O'Shea was a very borderline dirty player, but we still loved him. Gabriel was one of the biggest on field whiners of all time. We used to work for the same company, and I mentioned that to him on the phone one day, and we had a good laugh about it. He sure didn't deny it.