Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Agreed, the Suns need be given an incentive to share the new digs. But yes it comes down to what the city wants (or can) do. Does the mayor have the support of the majority of council. Plus, I understand, any public funds towards a new arena needs to go to a public vote. Having 2 teams is the only way I see to sell it.

Then again, it depends on how much each team contributes and can the Coyotes match the Suns funding dollar for dollar? Yes, I'm still skeptical that it can be pulled off, but these Yotes have may lives!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Agreed, the Suns need be given an incentive to share the new digs. But yes it comes down to what the city wants (or can) do. Does the mayor have the support of the majority of council. Plus, I understand, any public funds towards a new arena needs to go to a public vote. Having 2 teams is the only way I see to sell it.

Then again, it depends on how much each team contributes and can the Coyotes match the Suns funding dollar for dollar? Yes, I'm still skeptical that it can be pulled off, but these Yotes have may lives!
    Too many if's for sure, but I agree having two (technically 3 with the Mercury) share a facility should be a much easier sell. I also recall reading that ASU may be interested in playing out of the Downtown arena as well - if true could be another big selling point.