Closed Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Really good pricing re: Ottawa. The cost of my regular ST seats for this year is not even on the chart!

I'm curious to hear what the difference is for the non-STHs but it should sell out without a problem.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Really good pricing re: Ottawa. The cost of my regular ST seats for this year is not even on the chart!

I'm curious to hear what the difference is for the non-STHs but it should sell out without a problem.
    A discount for Season Ticket holders, what a concept!

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Has anyone had any luck changing seats if the price stayed the same. It even seems my season seats were lowered but are gone now as i was not going to pay 499 for those seats. I believe they should have contact season tickets holder first to see if they wish to move to another section before they made the told the public they are lowering the grey cup tickets. I got 4 tickets in the end zone as i thought it would be the best value for my dollar and now they have good sight lines for as low as 149.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Wasn't BMO Field originally considering two temporary stands, on the Northend and on the Southend stands?

Didn't they project a 40,000 capacity when they we're first talking about a Winter Classic and Grey
    Cup this year?
    https://argosadmirals.files.wordpres.../04/bmo40k.png
    That's what it looked like with the original renditions of the stadium expansion, but it was for the soccer set up (Centennial Classic as well). There is room beyond the North Endzone, so I'm surprised they didn't try to add more seats for the Grey Cup then add more seats for the Centennial game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by moeajram View Post
    Has anyone had any luck changing seats if the price stayed the same. It even seems my season seats were lowered but are gone now as i was not going to pay 499 for those seats. I believe they should have contact season tickets holder first to see if they wish to move to another section before they made the told the public they are lowering the grey cup tickets. I got 4 tickets in the end zone as i thought it would be the best value for my dollar and now they have good sight lines for as low as 149.
    No I was told that I have to wait until next week. I tried to get my season ticket seats too but they dropped from $399 to $209 so they're no longer considered an upgrade from the $299 seats that we originally bought.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    No I was told that I have to wait until next week. I tried to get my season ticket seats too but they dropped from $399 to $209 so they're no longer considered an upgrade from the $299 seats that we originally bought.
    I think it would have nice for them to give a window or a firm date to when they'll look after the unaffected seats.

Understand they're looking after the ones who's seats have gone down first but it would have saved people lots of time on both ends of the phone.

If you go for the 209.00 seats (what I'm eyeing), I'm thinking you'll get a refund or credit for the difference...at least that's my understanding.

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I have a success story so I may as well share it ---I am getting a full refund of my money!

I have been no stranger to venting here and to the Argos at what was done in terms of the repricing of seats and the subsequent insulting line of being told "my seats weren't affected" -- this is crap, and we all know it, and frankly I called them on it. I would not knowingly have paid $299 for a seat in 209 instead of $209 for a seat in 207 or $149 for a seat in 210 ---- to tell me that my seat price hasn't changed and thus I am "unaffected" is asinine --- no one in their right mind would have paid 30% more for a seat at the 20 yard line then one at the 55 in basically the same row....Never mind those that bought endzone seats at $169/$199 because they were the "cheapest at the time" but are also told that they were "unaffected" as those prices didn't change....again silliness --- many would have bought $89 or $129 or $149 seats to sit on a "seat" and not on a bench instead (and also covered from the elements) in the upper corners rather than in the back of the endzone had it been offered.....

I used the Argos own seating pricing as my argument --- a season ticket in my GC ticket would cost $449, a season seat in 207 would cost me $699 -- apparently the 207 seat is 50% better than the 209 one (according to their pricing model) but for the GC the 209 seat I bought costs 30% more than the 207 one now....and I was unaffected how again?

Anyways --- do not just accept credit for next year if that's not what you want (you really want to go back and be treated this way again?! --- I guess that's up to you, but I know that my patience is done with this organization in terms of giving them my money up front) or accept an exchange or a move to another location if that's not what you really want. I wanted and received my entire money back (including fees - $634) -- I will then decide to buy GC on my own terms --- I might just wait until the week of the game and buy them for even less (my prediction is that they will be easily had for $100 or less by game time especially if the weather is bad too), I am sure they will also go down in price especially if Ottawa or Hamilton don't make it either.....or maybe I just won't go at all as a matter of principle - who knows? either way it's my choice now and not theirs anymore.

As an aside, and like some of the previous posters have mentioned, I told the ticket reps that I did appreciate that they were on the front line of this and bore the brunt of the angry and irate customers and that my frustration was not directed at them but with the people above them who were making these decisions. I also advised that someone from management should have stepped up and taken ownership of this decision to the STH and contacted us directly with a very simple type of message --- "we made a mistake in pricing, we value you as customers, we will do everything in our power to rectify the situation immediately as we value your business"..... and for darn sake put your name on the letter!! --- own the decision, don't sign it "The Toronto Argonauts", it's weak and shows a lack of desire to take accountability. As an aside, the fact that we are (were) having to chase our money or an exchange also is hurting our choices as all the $89 seats are already gone, and the $129 ones will follow I'm sure too.....

I hope others are as successful in getting the relief they are seeking....persistence is the key, and don't just accept that "nothing can be done", sure it can, it's whether someone has the will to do it....

Boatman
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    https://argosadmirals.files.wordpres.../04/bmo40k.png
    That's what it looked like with the original renditions of the stadium expansion, but it was for the soccer set up (Centennial Classic as well). There is room beyond the North Endzone, so I'm surprised they didn't try to add more seats for the Grey Cup then add more seats for the Centennial game.
    Thats what they are doing for hockey. once grey cup is over the temporary seats will start at bottom of jumbotron and cover the north endzone

New Fan
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I was able to move my $299 end zone tickets, to $209 sideline seats the difference put towards next season, better than nothing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipyard View Post
    i would buy the cheap sideline seats and ask them to void your original ... because the cheap sideline wont last a few days
    Good suggestion, will do.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thats what they are doing for hockey. once grey cup is over the temporary seats will start at bottom of jumbotron and cover the north endzone
    I am aware. What I am saying is that they had room to add more seats for the Grey Cup behind the North endzone, then just build down to the endzone for the Centennial Classic. Theoretically they could have added even more on the sides of the big screen, but I have no idea if they actually looked into this, just spitballing here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well I guess that as usual being nice and polite got me nowhere. I'll have to call back tomorrow and be a jerk.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    Okay they called me back and said that I was sent the wrong Email and our tickets (209 Row 8) are now $399 not the $299 that we originally paid. So right now we can upgrade to 208 Row 11 or stay where we are and wait until next week and then move into lower priced seats based on availability.

I also asked him about our playoff tickets that were included in our Season Tickets and he said that they will be refunded if we don't make the playoffs.
    i was in 210, row 8...called today and took the upgrade to 208, row 8...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Its possible that they aren't allowed to put north end zone temp seats for grey cup.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Don
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post
    Its possible that they aren't allowed to put north end zone temp seats for grey cup.
    May be possible considering directly north of the stadium is the food building.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Well I guess that as usual being nice and polite got me nowhere. I'll have to call back tomorrow and be a jerk.

Hi Neely2005 --- hoping I can help you out from my experience.....

Unfortunately, I had to be very persistent with them, I would say persistent and diligent (I'm hoping not a jerk, but who knows according to them?!) - I sent multiple detailed emails of how exactly I was being mistreated as their "valued STH" (isn't that what we are supposed to be?!) by this pricing change which no one can honestly say with a straight face has left original ticket purchasers "unaffected" (I think you are in the same boat I was in with seats in 209 that seemed wildly overpriced now in relation to other seats nearby).

Call the reps, ask for their manager if necessary (politely but diligently), but don't let them sway you into a decision that you don't want (if you want a full refund, or a partial refund and move, or future Argos credit then tell them such - obviously they were least amenable to initially giving me a full refund but eventually they did). I tried to be understanding with the reps and not get too frustrated with them as I think we all know they don't really have much say in all this - they are just delivering the message - frankly mine was very nice and I sent a detailed Thank You email afterwards to him and his boss, indicating his professionalism in dealing with my complaints in a quick fashion......In my experience (and this is only my experience), I felt the reps were told to first say I was unaffected, then say they would move me to "better seats" (I was offered a move to Section 223 with no extra credit), then a move to cheaper seats with the difference in Argos Credit for next year, then a partial refund if I bought cheaper GC tickets, and then eventually a full refund.....it took a bit of back and forth, but eventually they went to a full refund....again, its up to you in terms of what you want, my advice is to be persistent and diligent (not rude, but stick to your argument) in delivering that message.....

Hope you get the relief you are looking for!

Boatman
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I am aware. What I am saying is that they had room to add more seats for the Grey Cup behind the North endzone, then just build down to the endzone for the Centennial Classic. Theoretically they could have added even more on the sides of the big screen, but I have no idea if they actually looked into this, just spitballing here.
    my point would be than would have to be 50ft in the air next to the scoreboard to match the slope of the bleachers they are putting in afterwards.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    Hi Neely2005 --- hoping I can help you out from my experience.....

Unfortunately, I had to be very persistent with them, I would say persistent and diligent (I'm hoping not a jerk, but who knows according to them?!) - I sent multiple detailed emails of how exactly I was being mistreated as their "valued STH" (isn't that what we are supposed to be?!) by this pricing change which no one can honestly say with a straight face has left original ticket purchasers "unaffected" (I think you are in the same boat I was in with seats in 209 that seemed wildly overpriced now in relation to other seats nearby).

Call the reps, ask for their manager if necessary (politely but diligently), but don't let them sway you into a decision that you don't want (if you want a full refund, or a partial refund and move, or future Argos credit then tell them such - obviously they were least amenable to initially giving me a full refund but eventually they did). I tried to be understanding with the reps and not get too frustrated with them as I think we all know they don't really have much say in all this - they are just delivering the message - frankly mine was very nice and I sent a detailed Thank You email afterwards to him and his boss, indicating his professionalism in dealing with my complaints in a quick fashion......In my experience (and this is only my experience), I felt the reps were told to first say I was unaffected, then say they would move me to "better seats" (I was offered a move to Section 223 with no extra credit), then a move to cheaper seats with the difference in Argos Credit for next year, then a partial refund if I bought cheaper GC tickets, and then eventually a full refund.....it took a bit of back and forth, but eventually they went to a full refund....again, its up to you in terms of what you want, my advice is to be persistent and diligent (not rude, but stick to your argument) in delivering that message.....

Hope you get the relief you are looking for!
    Thanks, it just sucks that we have to go through that whole process to get what we want.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    my point would be than would have to be 50ft in the air next to the scoreboard to match the slope of the bleachers they are putting in afterwards.
    I don't think it would have to be anywhere near that high, just go with the same height as the South Endzone. From my understanding: the South end retractable seats will be out for the hockey game.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks, it just sucks that we have to go through that whole process to get what we want.
    It does suck Neely and that's why I wanted the full refund, frankly I have no desire to give them any of my money at the moment - I'm not too worried about GC ticket availability these days, if I choose to go to the game as it gets closer, tickets aren't going to be going up in price on either the primary or secondary market, and thousands of seats didn't magically get sold today as a result of the lowering of prices, they sold some $89 and $129 seats and that was about it.....there was no pent up demand waiting to buy seats in this market when the pricing floodgates opened today.....I really don't think they have a clue at how much apathy there is towards the product at the moment, which is a pretty sad statement all around.....Hope it works out for you!!