Closed Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Curious if I can ask ArgoMania, which section we're you in? If it was an unaffected section, is there no way to move seats?

Just looked at the ticket master map. The 89.00 seas are in the upper east side corners. Obstructed views.

Lots of seats in the upper bowl priced 149.00 to 209.00. No reason why they shouldn't be able to move anyone that wants to.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Argos have not updated their website yet but ticketmaster now shows the adjusted prices.

Looks like Silvers have been reduced to $209 - $259 and some of the Bronze are now going for $149.

So I originally paid $169 for my end zone seats (Platinum B) but could now sit in Bronze for $149 but I am unaffected by the pricing adjustments?? I would absolutely take the Bronze seats at $149 (for example, Section 220 row 20 and up) over my Section 315 row 25 seats. I'd be saving $20 per ticket plus I'd get to sit in real seats not aluminum benches. Total B.S. and I have contacted the Argos saying as much. I would encourage everyone to do the same if they are dissatisfied. Perhaps the more people that do not stand for the status quo will lead to change....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Edmonton Sun

CFL BLITZ: Grey Cup ticket price cut needed to sell game in Toronto
    Kirk Penton
    Today at 12:33 AM

The Argonauts and Tiger-Cats prepare for kickoff at BMO Field in Toronto on June 11, 2016. (Jack Boland/Toronto Sun)
    article
    It appears the CFL has found its price point for the Grey Cup, and it's not what the organizing committee came up with for this year's bash in Toronto.
    The Argonauts on Wednesday morning will roll out some reduced ticket prices for the 104th Grey Cup, which will be played Nov. 27 at BMO Field. Last week it appeared nearly half of the 35,000 or so seats for the game were still unsold, and it had clearly reached a point where fans weren't going to make the annual pilgrimage to the game just because it's what they've always done.
    Argos president and CEO Mike Copeland maintained Tuesday afternoon that the original price point was fine; it's just that Toronto lately has had too many options for the sports ticket buying public.
    “We really feel genuinely that there is a lot of interest in the game,” Copeland said, “but with everything going on in Toronto this year from a sports perspective, which is really unprecedented, it's been a real learning experience not only for us, but I think everybody operating in sports and entertainment in this city over the summer and fall, where you see other major events that are having similar issues with pricing and with ticket sales.”
    The organizing committee will roll out the new prices on Wednesday morning. The cheapest ticket will be $89, and there will be a “big selection of inventory” available for less than $150. Originally the cheapest ticket was $169, and most of those sold quickly anyway.
    “People have said, 'We want to come to the game.' So we're just trying to price this in a way that's going to allow them to do it,” Copeland said.
    About half of the stadium's tickets will have their tickets reduced. The Argos plan to contact the approximately 3,500 people who bought tickets at prices that are being reduced and will either give them a discount or will work out something else.
    “The ticket pricing has done very well for certain ticket buyers, particularly those in the upper ranges and the lower ranges,” Copeland said. “Sports fans in Toronto generally felt that the tickets priced in the middle weren't affordable. So what we've done is we've adjusted that and lowered those prices to make them more affordable.”
    This ticket price reduction should serve as a stern lesson for the CFL that it is not the NFL. The Grey Cup isn't the Super Bowl, and ticket prices should never be set as high as they were this year. If you want it to be the Canadian party that it's always been, make it affordable for as many Canadians to get to it as possible.
    The more corporate you make the game, the less exciting the event becomes. And besides, if the CFL is appealing to a younger audience like it says it is, that age group can't afford to shell out big money for tickets anyway.
    The Toronto market remains critical for the survival of the CFL as we know it today, and the slashing of ticket prices is another blow this year for the franchise that is under new ownership.
    It is something that had to be done, however. It will probably be the best thing to happen to the Argos all year, because the last thing the Boatmen can afford is empty seats at BMO Field on Nov. 27.
    Last month, the CFL announced OneRepublic will perform during the halftime show.
    NO DIVISION

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    Argos have not updated their website yet but ticketmaster now shows the adjusted prices.

Looks like Silvers have been reduced to $209 - $259 and some of the Bronze are now going for $149.

So I originally paid $169 for my end zone seats (Platinum B) but could now sit in Bronze for $149 but I am unaffected by the pricing adjustments?? I would absolutely take the Bronze seats at $149 (for example, Section 220 row 20 and up) over my Section 315 row 25 seats. I'd be saving $20 per ticket plus I'd get to sit in real seats not aluminum benches. Total B.S. and I have contacted the Argos saying as much. I would encourage everyone to do the same if they are dissatisfied. Perhaps the more people that do not stand for the status quo will lead to change....
    I take it you asked them to move you to the better seats for less?

I'm curious to see how they respond as I see no reason why they can't be flexible there...seems pretty straight forward.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Curious if I can ask ArgoMania, which section we're you in? If it was an unaffected section, is there no way to move seats?

Just looked at the ticket master map. The 89.00 seas are in the upper east side corners. Obstructed views.

Lots of seats in the upper bowl priced 149.00 to 209.00. No reason why they shouldn't be able to move anyone that wants to.
    I'm in the endzone in the wheelchair seats. my options are limited. The only real option is to move to the accessible seats near field level...which sightlines are terrible.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:

Level
    I take it you asked them to move you to the better seats for less?

I'm curious to see how they respond as I see no reason why they can't be flexible there...seems pretty straight forward.
    Yes that is exactly what I requested (and also stated that I do not appreciate being ripped off). I will let you know the response, seems that they are "currently experiencing a higher than normal volume of inquiries" so not expecting a response for a bit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Appreciate the responses. Yes, ArgoMania that makes sense the lesser options. Still a 15 year SHT, they need to do something outside of the policy to make you happy. Should be a no brainer Hoping it works out.

Agreed, '81. They need to know. Not one policy will cover all of the grey areas. Experiencing a higher than normal volume? Geez I wonder why....guess we'll hear lots of chatter in the background....sorry had to throw that in there...lol...hope your situation gets resolved too and ASAP.

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level

I don't understand the "obstructed views" we sat up there for 3 games during the summer and a great view of the field. Unless they are erecting a crane or something.
    You can sit on the East side upper deck centre field for $200 !!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    Lowering ticket prices is not just a Toronto problem. I believe they removed seats last year in Winnipeg as they were not selling out.
    The league needs to remember and price the game fair to get the real fans out. And younger fans as well.
    The way prices have been the last few years you need a corporate credit card to buy them!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Weird because we're in Section 209 too so either I got the wrong Email or you did.
    Tickets in Section 209 now range from $129 - $399 each on the Ticketmaster Website. We paid $299 + fees each for our tickets.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayahre View Post
    I don't understand the "obstructed views" we sat up there for 3 games during the summer and a great view of the field. Unless they are erecting a crane or something.
    You can sit on the East side upper deck centre field for $200 !!
    $149 each actually, as per the Ticketmaster Website.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Honestly, if I am going to sit outside in November this year to watch a championship football game that does not include my favourite team, I will go to the Vanier Cup in Hamilton.
    Very good football at very good prices.

And none of this feeling ripped off in some way.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    This is BS if they do not allow their season ticket holder to changes seats or give credit to the price difference if want to move our seats. When i bought tickets, i got the best view which is the fan zone for 299, which i checked out the view is okay. Now they have seats with very good view for 149 half the price of what i paid.

New Fan
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    Lowering ticket prices is not just a Toronto problem. I believe they removed seats last year in Winnipeg as they were not selling out.
    The league needs to remember and price the game fair to get the real fans out. And younger fans as well.
    The way prices have been the last few years you need a corporate credit card to buy them!!!
    In Winnipeg they opted to not build the temporary seating at one end and build an elevated halftime stage

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ycuo29sp24.JPG

greycup.jpg

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    Winnipeg was struggling to sell tickets, so took out the North End seating, and used the excuse that they needed the North End for the Halftime show. Later, Nissan bought 2,000 tickets, which helped them sell out.

BC didn't even sell out in 2014 and had to heavily discount tickets towards the end and even gave away thousands just prior to the Grey Cup. Still didn't reach capacity.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Wasn't BMO Field originally considering two temporary stands, on the Northend and on the Southend stands?

Didn't they project a 40,000 capacity when they we're first talking about a Winter Classic and Grey
    Cup this year?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Love this quote

This ticket price reduction should serve as a stern lesson for the CFL that it is not the NFL. The Grey Cup isn't the Super Bowl

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Winnipeg was struggling to sell tickets, so took out the North End seating, and used the excuse that they needed the North End for the Halftime show. Later, Nissan bought 2,000 tickets, which helped them sell out.

BC didn't even sell out in 2014 and had to heavily discount tickets towards the end and even gave away thousands just prior to the Grey Cup. Still didn't reach capacity.
    Clubs are trying to max out revenues by selling as many large price points as possible. The price reductions later still work out to a higher average price than if they would have priced them all lower to begin with.

Ownership will still make a very nice profit off this game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Sounds as though the $50 was just a "gift". You can switch seats and get refunded the difference.
    http://www.tsn.ca/radio/hamilton-115...rices-1.588300

Mike Hogan was on Ticats lunch and said they went to ticket master got the full refund, and then purchased tickets in one of the $209 range section.