Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    GREY CUP SUNDAY TO HOST LARGEST TAILGATE PARTY EVER IN TORONTO
    **Joel Plaskett Emergency to perform at Grey Cup VIP Warm-Up party at Muzik**
    The 2016 Grey Cup Festival Committee announced today its gameday line up to get fans ready before the 104th Grey Cup presented by Shaw at BMO Field on Sunday, November 27.* Headlining the pregame line-up is the Nissan Titan Tailgate Party – the largest tailgate party ever to take place in the City of Toronto.
    In addition to tailgating, fans can also enjoy Grey Cup fun at the Budweiser Game Day Fan Zone and an exclusive VIP Grey Cup Warm-Up Party at Muzik featuring Joel Plaskett Emergency.
    Exhibition Place and Ontario Place will host all Grey Cup Festival’s pregame events.
    “The tailgate experience outside of BMO Field was amazing all year and we can’t wait to take it to a whole new level on Grey Cup Sunday,” says Sara Moore, Chief Operating Officer of the 2016 Grey Cup Festival. “Exhibition Place is going to be packed with fans and we have a full day of Grey Cup celebrations ready for them.”

The best tailgate experience in Canada will be taken to whole new level on Grey Cup Sunday.* The Toronto Argonauts have extended their hugely popular pre-game tailgate party to accommodate 600 cars – almost three times more than during the season.
    Fans can tailgate at their car in a licensed area where they will be able to purchase ice-cold beer and drinks for $4.00 and bring their own BBQ to create a pre-game meal as well as play games and socialize with other fans hours before kickoff. Tailgaters can expect appearances from CFL players, alumni, cheer teams and other special guests.
    Walkup fans will also have limited access to the Nissan Titan Tailgate.
    Nissan adds to the excitement by giving away a one-year lease on a Nissan Titan during the pregame festivities. Parking lot passes for Grey Cup Sunday can be purchased for $40. Walkup passes can be purchased for $10 at the gates. The Nissan Titan Tailgate Party opens at Noon ET.
    Toronto Argonaut season seat holders have an exclusive window to purchase tickets to the Nissan Titan Tailgate starting Friday, October 28*at Noon ET until Monday, October 31st at 11:59am when they go on-sale to the general public.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    if any one interested.... you can always volunteer to help at grey cup.... not sure if this can be used for High school kids for their community hours.... here is the link if any one is interested..... http://www.greycupfestival.ca/volunteering/ ... Go ARRGOS !!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    As someone said earlier in this thread, I sure hope we don't get weather like in 1982, nice until halftime then it rained so hard the guys in the cheap seats were building an Arc.
    My arc from 82 is still available on craigslist.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    The former Premier of Ontario Bill Davis I still with us. He will probably pass on this Grey Cup, because ...
    He's 87. I doubt there's many people that age who are eager to sit outside at night in late November for 3½ - 4 hours.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    I was thinking today that the 70th Toronto Grey Cup weather wasn't dissimilar to todays weather. I was there with my father on Sunday, November 28, 1982. For those who were there and remember, it was bitter cold, rainy and windy. I think the new configuration of BMO Field with an East and West stands are vulnerable to that particular horizontal rain off the lake.
    I think that was the straw that really started the Dome talk in Toronto. I'm not going this year, but I remember how glad I was in 2007 and 2012 that the game was in doors, even if it wasn't raining like 82.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.C. View Post
    He's 87. I doubt there's many people that age who are eager to sit outside at night in late November for 3½ - 4 hours.
    Although the CFL, Argos or others could include Bill Davis in a corporate box.

I wouldn't be surprised, if circumstances changed, to see the Grey Cup move back to the SkyDome.

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Although the CFL, Argos or others could include Bill Davis in a corporate box.

I wouldn't be surprised, if circumstances changed, to see the Grey Cup move back to the SkyDome.
    Would they be allowed to use the Jays carpet? would it cover a CFL field? I know that the old Argos turf was thrown out at the end of last year, there was no reason to store it any more.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I read somewhere that there is talk about a Rogers shedding their sports assets. If this were to happen, who knows. I never thought in 1989 that circumstances would ever lead to the Argos leaving the SkyDome. Economics and weather could dictate future circumstances? Stranger things have happened. It would be years from now, but who knows.

Boatman
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I read somewhere that there is talk about a Rogers shedding their sports assets. If this were to happen, who knows. I never thought in 1989 that circumstances would ever lead to the Argos leaving the SkyDome. Economics and weather could dictate future circumstances? Stranger things have happened. It would be years from now, but who knows.

i think just the baseball team ... because is loses alot of money when not contenders. Sell high.
    There media division is doing worse than it did in 2011. Losing so much on NHL that not even the jays can offset it.

MLSE Stake ... i think Bell has first rights to buy their shares

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipyard View Post
    i think just the baseball team ... because is loses alot of money when not contenders. Sell high.
    There media division is doing worse than it did in 2011. Losing so much on NHL that not even the jays can offset it.

MLSE Stake ... i think Bell has first rights to buy their shares
    You might want to look at their results, Rogers Media is up and the NHL TV Ratings are way up with the interest in Austin Matthews.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    You might want to look at their results, Rogers Media is up and the NHL TV Ratings are way up with the interest in Austin Matthews.
    Unless Canadian teams have playoff success, they'll keep bleeding money big time on this deal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't know. I guess I'm different than a lot on here. I buy season tickets because I want to go to every game. I get a small discount over paying for individual games, and I'm fine with that. I honestly don't need any other perks to go. Was it bad season? Sure, but I still enjoyed myself at the games.
    i agree with you too...i buy season tickets because i love the argos and cfl football...unfortunately, most people want to feel like they are "part of something" when buying season tickets...fancy ticket stubs, events, free merch, etc...

the last few years at the dome, you got to think it wasn't worth buying season tickets at all...many times i would price out my season tickets compared to what i could have paid each game with all the promos they had going on (endzone deal/family 4 pack/ buy one get one free/ free pairs/etc) and the savings would have been massive...

it would be nice to see a few things to bring in new season ticket holders...pre season party maybe, family day, see you on the field, merch discounts, etc...it might help sawy the fans who are borderline at purchasing

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    i agree with you too...i buy season tickets because i love the argos and cfl football...unfortunately, most people want to feel like they are "part of something" when buying season tickets...fancy ticket stubs, events, free merch, etc...

the last few years at the dome, you got to think it wasn't worth buying season tickets at all...many times i would price out my season tickets compared to what i could have paid each game with all the promos they had going on (endzone deal/family 4 pack/ buy one get one free/ free pairs/etc) and the savings would have been massive...

it would be nice to see a few things to bring in new season ticket holders...pre season party maybe, family day, see you on the field, merch discounts, etc...it might help sawy the fans who are borderline at purchasing
    I'm sure we all buy tickets for the same reason (we're diehard fans) but there comes a point when you start to evaluate value for the buck to which they failed miserably this season.
    I don't need free merchandise but you would think some sort of discount card would be in order for ST holders simply as a thank you for committing to them for the season.
    Most franchises treat their ST holders like gold realizing that they are their lifeblood TBH saw no evidence of this philosophy this season.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I'm sure we all buy tickets for the same reason (we're diehard fans) but there comes a point when you start to evaluate value for the buck to which they failed miserably this season.
    I don't need free merchandise but you would think some sort of discount card would be in order for ST holders simply as a thank you for committing to them for the season.
    Most franchises treat their ST holders like gold realizing that they are their lifeblood TBH saw no evidence of this philosophy this season.
    the blue bombers the other day engraved their walkway bricks with the names of long time season ticket holders

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    the blue bombers the other day engraved their walkway bricks with the names of long time season ticket holders
    Cool idea, Ticats honoured ST holders with the Legacy wall in 2014.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    As per the Ticketmaster Website Grey Cup Tailgate Parking Passes are almost sold out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Who is Joel Plaskett Emergency and why does it cost $175 to see them before the GC?
    GO ARGOS!!!

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:

Level
    Joel Plaskett is awesome... but not $175 awesome. A national tresure though.

Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Who is Joel Plaskett Emergency and why does it cost $175 to see them before the GC?
    I like Joel Plaskett but that's ridiculous. He's got an East Coast style, since he's from the Maritimes but realistically he's a $20 and under act on any other day, at any other venue. He definitely does not fit the demographic of who you'll usually find at Muzik nightclub lol. Not sure who they are trying to target here. They aren't even trying for "millennials", unless the odd hipster is a Plaskett fan. But, not at that price. I'm not even sure CFL fans will be fans of his.

Anyone know what the $375 gets you for the Festival Party at Ripley's aquarium. Not, that I would ever consider it.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.