Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
Mr. Rudge, if you are reading this forum (and respectfully, you should be, Sir), please allow cigarette smokers a place to step out for a smoke. We do not want to be sneaking smokes in the Boy's Room (I used to, years ago, but no longer do, out of respect for non-smokers). We are Football Fans; we are not a Golf or Tennis crowd. Some of us do not spend our lives, constantly running and hiding from death. On a typical Game Day, I'll have a few beers and then want to go to the game. There are or where, apparently one or two outdoor patios at the Skydome (Level Two and maybe Level One), where smoking used to be allowed. It is no big deal, but it might encourage new fans, and perhaps some old diehard fans, who otherwise feel unwelcome. Football Fans are a breed apart. We are not asking for much, Sir. Anything you can do for us, would be much appreciated. Thank You.
I don't think Rudge is the man who has the say on where or where not people can smoke. I believe the laws governing the distance from the entrances of public buildings where one is allowed to smoke are provincially (if not federally) mandated. That being said, I know such laws are heavily enforced on college/university campuses but am unsure about sports venues.